Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Max Tsukino

Chicago Live Thread #U2eiTour

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I was surprised how toned down Bono's rhetoric is during the show.  I agree with the politics.  I was expecting longer speeches.  I thought it was all done well.  It worked without pushing an agenda down someone's throat.  I loved how Bono presented it in a more subdued manner.  

I also thought that the scary Macphisto segment was well done.  The script was extremely well written, performed and produced.  The end, where he takes off the makeup, had some great lines, as did the whole segment.  I wish I could see that script.

The segment about women flowed smoothly and worked.

I loved how the show ended with 13 and the metaphorical imagery.  I was very impressed with this show-even more than I thought I would be.

When he removes the makeup he says different things every night. That is, at least at the shows I have seen. It is very personal like a phone call...

Edited by badsilver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, badsilver said:

When he removes the makeup he says different things every night. That is, at least at the shows I have seen. It is very personal like a phone call

Cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Manohlive said:

LOL.  Of course it is.  There was traffic zooming and the concert still  booming in my head when I passed the sign.  I'm so tired today that I cannot think.  Thanks.  I know Lake Shore Drive.  I ended up heading back into the city and was driving on Lake Shore Drive last night.  It was not closed!  ?

 

15 hours ago, dmway said:

So, in a manner of speaking, you were on LSD last night... ???

 

15 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Perfection.   That was be-you-tea-full, dmway.  I can't give any more reactions but LOL and ❤️

Thank you! ?

 

At least you weren't overseeing America's nuclear payload in your "condition" then, unlike these people:

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/05/24/614013988/air-force-uncovered-lsd-use-among-airmen-guarding-nuclear-missiles

 

More seriously, though, - and Chicago/U2-related - how was it seeing two shows on consecutive nights for you? I was contemplating doing that in Philadelphia as well, but, since I am so enthusiastic at shows, I'm wondering if it's the best idea (I am seeing at least one other show after Philly, so it's not like this would be my only opportunity to see them more than once). Did the fatigue celebrating show #1 impact your active fandom in show #2 the following night?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just been watching this clip here from night 2 - if you watch to the end and listen carefully, at the end Bono speaks some of the lyrics from Walk On. Nice. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2018 at 11:07 AM, dmway said:

 

 

Thank you! ?

 

At least you weren't overseeing America's nuclear payload in your "condition" then, unlike these people:

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/05/24/614013988/air-force-uncovered-lsd-use-among-airmen-guarding-nuclear-missiles

 

More seriously, though, - and Chicago/U2-related - how was it seeing two shows on consecutive nights for you? I was contemplating doing that in Philadelphia as well, but, since I am so enthusiastic at shows, I'm wondering if it's the best idea (I am seeing at least one other show after Philly, so it's not like this would be my only opportunity to see them more than once). Did the fatigue celebrating show #1 impact your active fandom in show #2 the following night?

 

No, it did not.  In fact, I went balistic on night two.  It hit me the last couple days.  That does involve what should be a 90 minute drive turning into five hours the second night.  I hit a construction clusterf#@k before Illinois.  Then, the highway I was taking was flooded and shut down, where it was not the previous night.  By then it was bumper to bumper way before Chicago. I finally got there and parked.  I put my stuff in the trunk and closed it, which locked my car.  My car should not do that.  My cell phone and wallet were clearly visible on the front seat.  My key was in the ignition.  Horrible stress after five hours of it.  I called and finally got into my car around 8 pm and sprinted to the venue.  lmfao.  I guess that's the price I needed to pay to have the equivalent of front row.  Once I saw that my seat was so close,  it was all good and I went nuts.  Having glasses that filter the light made a huge difference.  I got fatigue after the shows.  The second night's drive/arrival/parking fiasco was a major contributor..  I'd be in Nashville right now if I could.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Manohlive said:

No, it did not.  In fact, I went balistic on night two.  It hit me the last couple days.  That does involve what should be a 90 minute drive turning into five hours the second night.  I hit a construction clusterf#@k before Illinois.  Then, the highway I was taking was flooded and shut down, where it was not the previous night.  By then it was bumper to bumper way before Chicago. I finally got there and parked.  I put my stuff in the trunk and closed it, which locked my car.  My car should not do that.  My cell phone and wallet were clearly visible on the front seat.  My key was in the ignition.  Horrible stress after five hours of it.  I called and finally got into my car around 8 pm and sprinted to the venue.  lmfao.  I guess that's the price I needed to pay to have the equivalent of front row.  Once I saw that my seat was so close,  it was all good and I went nuts.  Having glasses that filter the light made a huge difference.  I got fatigue after the shows.  The second night's drive/arrival/parking fiasco was a major contributor..  I'd be in Nashville right now if I could.  

I'm sorry you had such an interesting evening! You did not deserve that - you just wanted to see your favorite band play! :lol:

I'm glad your seat was so good and that you're OK now. I'm still undecided on back-to-back Philly. But, thank you for your input! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...