Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doctornickriviera

Well. This is refreshing Mr Sheeran.

He and his team are even making sure fans who buy on the resale market get refunded?   What a nice guy. The resale market must be taking a deep gulp over this one. I had a read a bit about it but then heard nothing.  It is refreshing.  He's coming to our baseball stadium.  It will be very interesting to see how TM and LN handle it.  Love it.

His tour in the UK is massive I think he’s doing 4 nights in a 75,000 capacity stadium in Cardiff alone. 

If the artists work to beat the touts and resellers rather than in collusion with them or just say ‘it’s very difficult’ and do nothing (sorry U2) then it can be done

2 minutes ago, doctornickriviera said:

His tour in the UK is massive I think he’s doing 4 nights in a 75,000 capacity stadium in Cardiff alone. 

If the artists work to beat the touts and resellers rather than in collusion with them or just say ‘it’s very difficult’ and do nothing (sorry U2) then it can be done

Radiohead and Pearl Jam are proactive in this regard too. I hope bands realize how much their fans appreciate such efforts.

1 hour ago, doctornickriviera said:

Radiohead beat touts by playing unlistenable music since 2000!

I almost agree - I'd put it at 2003 ("Hail To The Thief" onward...) ?

Nah, Radiohead's expertise in beating touts comes from super expensive tickets! (£65 to see them in nosebleed seats at the O2 6 years ago)

I just arranged Radiohead for two shows in Chicago at the United Center.  Top price was $95.  I've always wanted to see them. So that is expensive for you guys?   It's not for here.

Karma police came on in my Car today on the drive home. Now that is a tune.

hats off to them for sticking to their guns , but I don’t like inaccessible tunes

Can you explain what you mean, doc?  inaccessible tunes?  

$ 64-$95 for Radiohead in Chicago this coming January..  

So Ed Sheeran is causing the resale market to freak, realize, lament and sing, Don't let the bastard get you down?

On 5/23/2018 at 1:49 PM, Manohlive said:

I just arranged Radiohead for two shows in Chicago at the United Center.  Top price was $95.  I've always wanted to see them. So that is expensive for you guys?   It's not for here.

It's $95 for the Philly shows too.

9 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Can you explain what you mean, doc?  inaccessible tunes?  

Hard to listen to. I find Radiohead post 2000 have few hooks and melodies. It’ll

obviously as I like U2 I like anthemic rock songs you can sing along to jump up and down to. I find that’s really difficult with Radiohead. I respect them for doing their own thing and sticking to their beliefs /art and without doubt they are mighty fine musicians. 

Just not for me!

i don’t know if you can view this in the US but I was so underwhelmed by this set at Glastonbury.

The resale market has got to be freaking out about Ed Sheeran doing this.  Have you guys read anything more on this?  

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-44265104

there have been a few moaners, but Ed has been very open about this policy for months. 

Im sure the refund will be coming!

in a few weeks I’m seeing the Foo Fighters in London on the Saturday and Ed Sheeran in Cardiff with my daughter on Sunday. I’m sure both will be excellent.

not a massive Sheeran fan but he comes across as a very decent bloke.

8 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-44265104

there have been a few moaners, but Ed has been very open about this policy for months. 

Im sure the refund will be coming!

in a few weeks I’m seeing the Foo Fighters in London on the Saturday and Ed Sheeran in Cardiff with my daughter on Sunday. I’m sure both will be excellent.

not a massive Sheeran fan but he comes across as a very decent bloke.

I'm seeing the Foos on the Friday. Looking forward to it, also looking forward to Wolf Alice and Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes as support acts. One of those rare occasions where I'm excited for every act on the bill!