Happened last night in Chicago. The way he barely missed a beat in spite of that is ridiculous.

I was at the show and missed it.  Wow.  It is is ridiculous.  Man, I hope he's not hurting today.  Poor guys had a rough show as it was.  It was still great.  I felt for them with the tech problems and then he falls?  I hope he's okay, too.

I just remembered it was around this time three years ago that there were a few rockstars who had an "oops" moment. Obviously Edge didn't see the edge in Vancouver, then Dave Grohl didn't see it either and broke his leg. Then I saw Muse playing a festival the day after Grohl's accident, it had been raining all day and Matt Bellamy slipped on a wet patch and fell over - didn't hurt himself luckily. Given that Bono managed the whole show last night I'm guessing that he's alright.

Somebody needs to speak to Bono now!. 'Look where you're going man ffs!' - This tour has a long way to go!

On a serious note, nasty fall, and tiny margins - didn't flinch - commendable = ROCK STAR (and lead singer in the best band on the planet.) 😎

Wow, yeah, I hope he's not sore, and our guy did not miss a single beat!!

Here's the video of the full song. If you watch you can see him stumbling at a couple of points and then dropping to his knees at another point. Must've been a bit of a painful one. Still takes it like a champ though. 

Here's the same song from night 2. He avoids the area where he fell the previous night, but if you watch where it gets to the outro and he reaches the e-stage he descends a couple of steps then jumps the rest of the way! I can't tell whether he's overestimating himself or whether we're underestimating him anymore... 

On 5/23/2018 at 12:36 PM, Manohlive said:

When did this happen?

...right before he sings: “shouldn’t be here ‘cause I should be dead”

No, seriously... I'm not kidding!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, U2 Rules said:

To be fair, if he'd landed differently from how he obviously did that could've been much worse!

On 5/24/2018 at 3:37 PM, U2 Rules said:

That is exactly what I thought when I finally saw the footage yesterday.  That is spookily ironic.  

On 5/24/2018 at 3:42 PM, peterferris8 said:

to be fair, if he'd landed differently from how he obviously did that could've been much worse!

That is why it's so spooky and ironic.  I've looked at that footage a few times now.  That had to have hurt no matter.  Ouch. Ouch. Ouch.  I'm happy he did not hit his head on the way down or upon landing.  A huge thank you for that not happening.

• Like 1

Has anyone heard of him having xrays or ct or some test(s) to make sure he was okay?  Wouldn't insurance require it?   I am wondering if anyone heard anything. I'm asking in hopes all is  truly okay and nothing lasting happened.

I haven't heard anything about it on any fansite either... I guess it's a good thing they had a 1 week break lined up!