Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dmway

Prop. 8 repeal apparently on the way to passing

I didn’t realise how Politically sensitive this is in the UK

In Northern Ireland (part of the UK)abortion is also outlawed.

Now Theresa May (our PM) is coming under huge pressure to allow abortion in NI. (Not sure where devolution comes into this Mind)

The Democratic Unionist Party of NI support Theresa May’s minority government in coalition yet are bitterly opposed to abortion.

the fallout of this therefore has the power to destabilise the UK coalition.

interesting times. If only the Labour Party could get its shit together.....

46 minutes ago, doctornickriviera said:

I didn’t realise how Politically sensitive this is in the UK

In Northern Ireland (part of the UK)abortion is also outlawed.

Now Theresa May (our PM) is coming under huge pressure to allow abortion in NI. (Not sure where devolution comes into this Mind)

The Democratic Unionist Party of NI support Theresa May’s minority government in coalition yet are bitterly opposed to abortion.

the fallout of this therefore has the power to destabilise the UK coalition.

interesting times. If only the Labour Party could get its shit together.....

43 minutes ago, doctornickriviera said:

That's a ramification that hadn't occurred to me - yes, that debate is certainly bound to heat up in NI now.

My goodness, I'm still scratching my head how the Conservatives are in coalition with the DUP - I mean, I know they had to in order to stay in power, but a majority of the Tories can't be very happy being allied with Ian Paisley's old party. I guess that'll teach PM May not to call a snap election in order to greedily snatch up more House of Commons seats - the general public might not agree that you're doing as good a job as you think you are doing.

I hope Labour gets back in power soon too - after Cameron and May, people have got to be tired of the Conservatives...

Labour are a shambles. Whilst Corbin is a politician of conviction, he is easy fodder for our right wing tabloids.

1 hour ago, doctornickriviera said:

Labour are a shambles. Whilst Corbin is a politician of conviction, he is easy fodder for our right wing tabloids.

Yes - unfortunately, I know you're right because I witnessed it.

Still, I'm glad that someone like Corbin can be elected party leader.

6 hours ago, dmway said:

I just re-read this - with the stories enclosed within, no wonder it passed by such a wide margin...