Sign in to follow this  
u2propaganda

Why Same Set List every night ?

Why does U2 keep playing the same 24 song boring set list every night ? The play the exact same songs every show in every city ? Why don't they play different songs ?

Why did they drop Wild Horses after only 1 night. One of the best live songs. I think they need to bring back The Fly and Mysterious Ways and Streets also. They can drop a lot of the new stuff in my opinion. I Wil Follow and Pride and SBS need to go also.

I agree the set list could be so much better. They don't play any JT songs but yet they play I Will Follow, Pride and SBS every show Why ?? Would much rather hear them play other songs that have never been played live before. Guess they can't be bothered to rehearse them.

5 hours ago, u2propaganda said:

Why does U2 keep playing the same 24 song boring set list every night ? The play the exact same songs every show in every city ? Why don't they play different songs ?

It's definitely annoying to fans who would like to attend multiple shows, or even those like me who just want U2 to play more of their songs on this tour.  They seem to have settled in to the 11-song first set, without adding in anything on the backside (or restoring Wild Horses).   Maybe Red Flag Day and Raised By Wolves are too vocally taxing for Bono each night?   Maybe they bit off more than they could chew with 26 songs, when past tours usually max out at 22 or 23?  Who knows...