9 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Does the audio or a script of Scary but Original Every Night Macphisto appear anywhere after the shows???   I could not see he was performing it live at the shows I saw.  I had no idea each was unique.  It would be nice to hear or read them after the concerts..

You can find all the transcripts and audio/video links here, if it helps!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/29/2018 at 4:53 PM, mich40 said:

Last night was an absolutely EPIC night!  Can't wait to share some about it.

19 hours ago, mich40 said:

Mr. Macphisto was particularly feisty last night. 

E5DE05E2-1B1A-460C-9321-2F145D4CAAE7.jpeg

Is there more coming? We are waiting with bated breath... 😄

10 minutes ago, dmway said:

Is there more coming? We are waiting with bated breath... 😄

There is.....hopefully I’ll have it here sometime tomorrow. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mich40 said:

There is.....hopefully I’ll have it here sometime tomorrow. 

Good - it will be great to see!

OK - I'll stop being unfairly impatient now... 😄

They don’t call it Hotlanta for nothing. Of my shows I was looking forward to the most on this tour, it was the Atlanta show. My “hometown” show. I’ve seen the band there every time they have played Atlanta since ZooTV. This was my 9th show there and like the others there, it left me with a feeling of complete happiness. I’ve seen the shows from the midsections of The Omni, to the very top of the Georgia Dome, to the GA of Phillips Arena, to the GA in the Georgia Dome, and now to the GA in Infinite Energy Arena, which was by far the smallest arena I have ever seen them in. The fact that it’s been 9 years since they last played Atlanta added to the excitement. The band was on fire and the audience was on fire too. 
The arena erupted when the words “nothing to stop this from being the best day ever” rang through and Bono appeared in the screen. “The house shakes” could not have been truer words during “The Blackout”. This song has some serious kick live and I love it.
As many people know, until Saturday night in Nashville, I had never seen “Gloria” live and it was top of my bucket list. Now I’ve officially seen it twice and I am so happy to be hearing it. It sounds so incredible live. 30 years was worth the wait and I jumped and screamed like I was 30 years younger than I am. 
One of my favorite parts of the show is the estage set. I love the remix of “Elevation” they are doing and “Vertigo” and “Desire” add that extra kick. Now, let’s talk about Macphisto and “Acrobat”. I watched Bono instead of the screen for this one and what he puts into this character is scary. To watch his facial expressions especially when he says “when you stop believing in me is when I do my best work” is a bit unnerving. Back on ZooTV, Macphisto was a playful devilish guy. The experience version of him is much more menacing. And Acrobat sounds incredible. I wasn’t sure how they were going to pull that song off, but it is amazing. 
Another highlight of the night was “Pride”. I must admit that I had gotten a bit tired of “Pride” over the past couple of tours; but the way they do it with Adam’s bass cranked up, I have a new found love for it. Hearing it where the song has so much relevance and the crowd singing along as loud as they could, it was quite amazing.
I’m growing more and more fond of “American Soul” because it comes alive in the show and I’m quite surprised how much I love it live. It’s such a rocking anthem song live. Another thing that took me by surprise was how “One” got to me and I ended up crying through the whole song and into “Love is Bigger”.
Atlanta was an emotional journey for me and I am so happy I’ve had the opportunity to see them as many times as I have there. It is truly my journey from innocence to experience with the band.

95ABA823-58E1-4B46-9E1D-9CD7AC597FC5.jpegFDED4075-5ADD-4D40-B860-4F785777F5CC.jpegE69D9749-F417-46D6-9805-4E8EBC7615AE.jpeg10743613-7383-49AC-A1E9-55C3FE36E30C.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Brilliant 1

Now, THAT'S a review! 😄

I'm glad you had such a great time, Mich - FANTASTIC pictures too! 😎

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mich40 said:

They don’t call it Hotlanta for nothing. Of my shows I was looking forward to the most on this tour, it was the Atlanta show. My “hometown” show. I’ve seen the band there every time they have played Atlanta since ZooTV. This was my 9th show there and like the others there, it left me with a feeling of complete happiness. I’ve seen the shows from the midsections of The Omni, to the very top of the Georgia Dome, to the GA of Phillips Arena, to the GA in the Georgia Dome, and now to the GA in Infinite Energy Arena, which was by far the smallest arena I have ever seen them in. The fact that it’s been 9 years since they last played Atlanta added to the excitement. The band was on fire and the audience was on fire too. 
The arena erupted when the words “nothing to stop this from being the best day ever” rang through and Bono appeared in the screen. “The house shakes” could not have been truer words during “The Blackout”. This song has some serious kick live and I love it.
As many people know, until Saturday night in Nashville, I had never seen “Gloria” live and it was top of my bucket list. Now I’ve officially seen it twice and I am so happy to be hearing it. It sounds so incredible live. 30 years was worth the wait and I jumped and screamed like I was 30 years younger than I am. 
One of my favorite parts of the show is the estage set. I love the remix of “Elevation” they are doing and “Vertigo” and “Desire” add that extra kick. Now, let’s talk about Macphisto and “Acrobat”. I watched Bono instead of the screen for this one and what he puts into this character is scary. To watch his facial expressions especially when he says “when you stop believing in me is when I do my best work” is a bit unnerving. Back on ZooTV, Macphisto was a playful devilish guy. The experience version of him is much more menacing.
Another highlight of the night was “Pride”. I must admit that I had gotten a bit tired of “Pride” over the past couple of tours; but the way they do it with Adam’s bass cranked up, I have a new found love for it. Hearing it where the song has so much relevance and the crowd singing along as loud as they could, it was quite amazing.
I’m growing more and more fond of “American Soul” because it comes alive in the show and I’m quite surprised how much I love it live. It’s such a rocking anthem song live. Another thing that took me by surprise was how “One” got to me and I ended up crying through the whole song and into “Love is Bigger”.
Atlanta was an emotional journey for me and I am so happy I’ve had the opportunity to see them as many times as I have there. It is truly my journey from innocence to experience with the band.

95ABA823-58E1-4B46-9E1D-9CD7AC597FC5.jpegFDED4075-5ADD-4D40-B860-4F785777F5CC.jpegE69D9749-F417-46D6-9805-4E8EBC7615AE.jpeg10743613-7383-49AC-A1E9-55C3FE36E30C.jpeg

Wonderful review and photos!!! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mich40 said:

when you stop believing in me is when I do my best work

Huge thanks for the link to each one.   It scared me when he said that too-other kind of goosebumps scary.

• Like 1

I concur, Mich! Monday night was amazing. Atlanta was overdue for a show, and the crowd really let the band know how much they are loved in this town! I swear I saw Bono choke up at the end when the crowd would not stop cheering!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Not much I can add beyond my review on the main page...but I will add this:

I believe a significantly underrated spot for this show is where I ended up both this week and for i&e - Just outside the Redzone as far toward the middle of the runway as possible.  It is a spot where you can see both stages, are far enough back to get a good view of the barricage, and of course have the members band right in front of you on the runway a number of times.  Plus, this time around, during Pride you get this...(see attached photo), or Edge if you pick the other side.  In any event, if you have another show to go this tour, this is a spot that I HIGHLY recommend!  😃

IMG_20180528_215136616_GOMSaver.jpg

Edited by danknapp
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Also adding this shot I took with the e&i app, just because it looks like something out of a sci-fi movie.  😃

U2_180528202317.jpg

Edited by danknapp
  • Haha 1

On 5/30/2018 at 3:23 PM, Canadanne said:

You can find all the transcripts and audio/video links here, if it helps!

Just for the benefit of someone like me who wasn't alive when Zoo TV happened, does anyone who saw that tour remember MacPhisto being this frightening?! Judging from the Live in Sydney DVD he seemed like a bit of a playful character, but so far on this tour he seems utterly insane and quite a scary person. I can't wait for London!

2 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

Just for the benefit of someone like me who wasn't alive when Zoo TV happened, does anyone who saw that tour remember MacPhisto being this frightening?! Judging from the Live in Sydney DVD he seemed like a bit of a playful character, but so far on this tour he seems utterly insane and quite a scary person. I can't wait for London!

See my review above. He was much more playfully bad back then. Much more frightening now. Watching Bono’s facial expressions is quite unnerving. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

Oh, he had his moments on ZooTV, for sure... but yes, he is deliberately more nightmarish this time around. He has to be this OTT for the crazy times we're living in! (He's still quite playful too, though.)

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

No he was flirty almost - like flirt with the devil kind of stuff - a prankster in a way. This is dark and while no devils horns - more carnival barker where he is more like someone you would run into in this world.....more ....believable in a way  -  which is scary

Edited by badsilver

6 hours ago, badsilver said:

This is dark and while no devils horns - more carnival barker where he is more like someone you would run into in this world.....more ....believable in a way  -  which is scary

Yes, I really like the idea of this magic mirror that reveals his true identity. It drives home the message that very evil things can appear normal and harmless if we don't watch out for them.

Going back to ZooTV, the Helmut Kohl phone calls in Germany were MacPhisto at his most chilling, especially his final message in Berlin when the line was engaged. That's where you'll find the roots of the current scary incarnation.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Canadanne said:

Going back to ZooTV, the Helmut Kohl phone calls in Germany were MacPhisto at his most chilling, especially his final message in Berlin when the line was engaged. That's where you'll find the roots of the current scary incarnation.

That is one of my very favorite MacPhisto performances - I always love it when Bono is no-holds-barred (e.g., his speech before "Sunday Bloody Sunday" in the "Rattle and Hum" movie).

I can't wait to see him in person soon! :MacphistoSignal:

I've just watched this - there's a certain malevolence to Zoo TV MacPhisto but none of the full-on insanity possessed by Experience Macphisto. Interested to compare and contrast the two. Age brings a spot of bother... 

On 5/28/2018 at 9:12 PM, beppecuoco said:

Not sure. It’s the contrast between our easy lives our side of the sea and theirs

May I ask who/what you mean by theirs?   I'm still trying to figure out this tour.  

2 hours ago, U2LAWoman said:

That's awesome, have a blast!!

Thanks! It’s been great so far!

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

56 minutes ago, mich40 said:

Find out what Big's real name is... :lol:

9 hours ago, mich40 said:

It's great you all got together! I like the  #modsinmontreal hashtag, so cute!

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:36 PM, peterferris8 said:

I felt MacPhisto was more playfully evil than the performances now for sure - I only saw ZooTV once so I can't recall exactly how it went down at the show but I do generally feel he's more ominous now.