pop1

PETITION FOR U2 TO BRING BACK WILD HORSES TO SETLIST

Why was it dropped after the first show ? 

I love wild horses!  It would be great if they kept it in the set list!!

• Like 1

I agree--I'd love to hear it.

On 5/27/2018 at 9:21 PM, pop1 said:

Why was it dropped after the first show ? 

I doubt they'll ever come out and announce it, but it never seems to last long in the setlist.  I remember being at the show in Boston in May 2005 where they played it for the first time in 12 years, and I thought, "Wow, they're playing this right before the next leg starts, I wonder if this is going to come back in a big way" since it got such a great response from the audience and sounded so great, but it didn't stick around.  I then saw them in the fall of 2005 when they were trying it as an acoustic number, and it got an even greater response from the audience, and I thought maybe then it would stick around... but it didn't.

I honestly am unsure as to why that song seems to be on a particularly short leash, but it does seem that way.

16 hours ago, vertigojds said:

I doubt they'll ever come out and announce it, but it never seems to last long in the setlist.  I remember being at the show in Boston in May 2005 where they played it for the first time in 12 years, and I thought, "Wow, they're playing this right before the next leg starts, I wonder if this is going to come back in a big way" since it got such a great response from the audience and sounded so great, but it didn't stick around.  I then saw them in the fall of 2005 when they were trying it as an acoustic number, and it got an even greater response from the audience, and I thought maybe then it would stick around... but it didn't.

I honestly am unsure as to why that song seems to be on a particularly short leash, but it does seem that way.

I was also at that MSG in the fall of 2005 when they played this acoustically.  Fantastic!  Goosebumps!  Before they played it Bono said it is one of their favorite songs.  So I too am bewildered why a band favorite and a fan favorite would be dropped so quickly from the setlist.

I agree 100%, love that song!  where do I sign? 😋