Sign in to follow this  
dmway

What concert are you seeing next?

4 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

His Grohliness is calling...so excited for tomorrow!

Have you seen them before Peter?

3 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

Have you seen them before Peter?

I have, twice - Reading Festival 2012 and at Milton Keynes 2015 with Royal Blood and Iggy Pop. What about you?

Milton Keynes about 5 years ago with biffy Clyro supporting them and Roger Taylor from Queen came on too  was due to see the at Wembley too but alas he broke his leg!

On 6/19/2018 at 2:43 PM, doctornickriviera said:

Nearly time to RocknGrohl

9 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

His Grohliness is calling...so excited for tomorrow!

I am very envious yet quite happy for you both.  Have a great show.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

I am very envious yet quite happy for you both.  Have a great show.

Thanks mate. I’m going on Saturday, dashing back  to Cardiff and seeing Ed Sheeran on Sunday! Crazy weekend!

39 minutes ago, doctornickriviera said:

Milton Keynes about 5 years ago with biffy Clyro supporting them and Roger Taylor from Queen came on too  was due to see the at Wembley too but alas he broke his leg!

Yeah, I had tickets for the Wembley show too. Roger Taylor came on when I saw them at Milton Keynes 3 years ago too, as well as John Paul Jones from Led Zep! I wish I'd been at the one you were at though - Biffy are an amazing band, and although I've seen them 4 times on their own shows and in festival headline slots, them and the Foos on the same bill must have been huge!

• Like 1

I'm ecstatic to add Dawes to my list of upcoming shows.  They announced a new headlining tour and it's another two full sets tour.  They are currently touring and opening for ELO.  I'd love to see that show but it's not possible.

I also think I'm going to brave the crowd and go see Diplo this coming Friday.  It's a free show in Milwaukee to celebrate a new stage on the Summerfest grounds.  It's free and I can walk to it.  Summerfest starts in six days.  I got a bunch of free passes for the run of the festival.  I'll be seeing someone every night from June 27-July 8.  Go to Summerfest.com and you'll see why I'm so excited. 

5 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

Rockinngrohling!

what a band! I’m buzzing!

60622B85-9F88-4413-94EE-F5E39BC78495.jpeg

What a show! Knocked it out of the park as always. Managed to convert my friend who accompanied me into a fan of both Wolf Alice and Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes who both smashed their support sots (though I think Frank's performance was better received by the audience than Wolf Alice).

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/21/2018 at 3:01 PM, doctornickriviera said:

Thanks mate. I’m going on Saturday, dashing back  to Cardiff and seeing Ed Sheeran on Sunday

Now envy turned to jealousy.  I'm kidding.  Snow Patrol is opening for Ed Sheeran in America..  That presents another quandary.  Do I wait and hope Snow Patrol tours solo?  If they do tour solo, they'll most likely come to Chicago.  I can get a single seat for Ed Sheeran/Snow Patrol and be close to the stage at Soldier Field.  It's in October which means one could be in shorts and a tshirt or a parka. It's a very iffy time for an outdoor concert where I live.  I love Ed Sheeran.  I'd be going for Snow Patrol.  I hope they also do a solo tour in America.  I saw a couple gigs that looked like they might be solo shows but am not sure.   Who opened for Ed Sheeran in Cardiff?  I reckon it is/was not Snow Patrol.  Most friends have one Snow Patrol cd.  "Yup..Eyes Open and you only listened to Chasing Cars?".  They then ask, "Is that their one hit?".  My next concert is Jethro Tull opening night of Summerfest-this coming Wednesday.

Edited by Manohlive

Next up for me is Queens of the Stone Age & Friends at Finsbury Park in London this Saturday - all day festival-type event. Other acts playing include Iggy Pop, The Hives, Run the Jewels and Black Honey (who back in Brighton where I live are local heroes)!

Just now, peterferris8 said:

Next up for me is Queens of the Stone Age & Friends at Finsbury Park in London this Saturday - all day festival-type event. Other acts playing include Iggy Pop, The Hives, Run the Jewels and Black Honey (who back in Brighton where I live are local heroes)!

Envy has turned to jealousy yet again.  j/k but not really?  haha   That sounds awesome.  I'd love to see Queens of the Stone Age.

Just now, Manohlive said:

Envy has turned to jealousy yet again.  j/k but not really?  haha   That sounds awesome.  I'd love to see Queens of the Stone Age.

This'll be the 4th time I've seen them. #1: Wembley Arena in London in November 2013 on the Like Clockwork tour, #2: secret set at Reading Festival last August, popped up on the day Villains came out, #3: Wembley Arena again last November, on my 22nd birthday! Amazing live band, always a real party watching them play.

8 minutes ago, peterferris8 said:

This'll be the 4th time I've seen them. #1: Wembley Arena in London in November 2013 on the Like Clockwork tour, #2: secret set at Reading Festival last August, popped up on the day Villains came out, #3: Wembley Arena again last November, on my 22nd birthday! Amazing live band, always a real party watching them play.

Fine.  I'm not kidding.  I'm jealous!

6 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

Ed Sheeran was v good at what he does but it was a bit dull imo

Did he have a band or was he playing solo as he's done in the past?  

Him and his pedals and guitar only. He’s v good at what he does and it’s very clever.

but after about 4 insipid mid gig ballads I was losing the will to live.

i’m sure He’s really James Blunt who has secretly died his hair ginger to relaunch his career........

• Haha 1

Just now, doctornickriviera said:

Him and his pedals and guitar only. He’s v good at what he does and it’s very clever.

but after about 4 insipid mid gig ballads I was losing the will to live.

i’m sure He’s really James Blunt who has secretly died his hair ginger to relaunch his career........

I saw him do that live.  I'd imagine it's much better in a smaller venue as the show I saw was.  (on TV)   This was in a stadium?   I could see how that would not work so well.  Sorry you were disappointed.  Did your daughter like it?  

Daughter really enjoyed which is all that matters.

i can quite happily listen to his stuff in the background. On stage he’s a really nice guy and interacts with the crowd really well. But as i’m Someone who liked to sing themselves hoarse to banging rock tunes, it wasn’t really my bag!

6 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

😂😂😂 

I'm not really a fan of Sheeran. Partly because of the music, and partly because me being ginger draws some seriously inaccurate comparisons...

• Like 1

Thanks to a belated ticket dump, I am seeing a band called

U2

tonight! B)

• Brilliant 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, dmway said:

Thanks to a belated ticket dump, I am seeing a band called

U2

tonight! B)

Just in the door from that show. 

Newark next on Friday.

U2_180626203924.jpg

Edited by CorkVegan
Photo fixing.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CorkVegan said:

Just in the door from that show. 

Newark next on Friday.

U2_180626203924.jpg

...and I'll be joining you because my next concert is in (now) two days, and it's...

U2

again! B)

(Are you in GA or in a seat?)

5 hours ago, dmway said:

...and I'll be joining you because my next concert is in (now) two days, and it's...

U2

again! B)

(Are you in GA or in a seat?)

I'm in a seat one row up from the e stage. My buddy somehow got GA when tickets originally went on sale so he'll be prowling the floor.