Sign in to follow this  
dmway

What concert are you seeing next?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, CorkVegan said:

I'm in a seat one row up from the e stage. My buddy somehow got GA when tickets originally went on sale so he'll be prowling the floor.

I’ll wave to you - I plan on being easy to spot (consult the Philadelphia live thread for context) 😉

If the barricage is 12 o’clock on the e-stage, at what position will you be?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, dmway said:

 

If the barricage is 12 o’clock on the e-stage, at what position will you be?

Section 4. Approximately 4 o'clock. 👋

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CorkVegan said:

Section 4. Approximately 4 o'clock. 👋

Good view from there of the whole band, esp., for The Edge and Adam. 👋 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

A fellow Zootopian suggested I listen to Greta Van Fleet while likening them to Led Zep..  I listened and liked them.  I just saw that they are coming to Summerfest on Sunday so that shall be my next concert.  I'd be watching Jethro tull right now but it was/is chaos anywhere near downtown Milwaukee.  Trump decided to visit for a couple days so he could yell at Harley Davidson for moving its European production to Europe (tariffs) while praising  North Korea for creating jobs....which we Wisconsin taxpayers gave them 3 billion dollars to do yet I still find comfort in knowing that at least one person is singing of  of a  creepy man eyeing females with bad intent. I know this is long.  I told myself I'd only mention any of this in one thread.  Ian Anderson probably just finished singing Aqualung and this is the thread to do it..

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am at Summerfest going to see Foster the People tonight.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to see Steven Tyler instead and he was incredible.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next one for me is tomorrow at BST Hyde Park in London! The Cure headlining in celebration of their 40th anniversary, plus Interpol, Goldfrapp, Editors and Slowdive.

  • Like 1
  • Brilliant 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

Next one for me is tomorrow at BST Hyde Park in London! The Cure headlining in celebration of their 40th anniversary, plus Interpol, Goldfrapp, Editors and Slowdive.

HAVE FUN, and tell Robert Smith to come over here for the autumn! :lol: (I'm catching Interpol in a small club in Philly next month.)

My next show is Beck at MSG, NYC on the 19th - I can't wait! B)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update - it was amazing. Really impressed by Slowdive and Goldfrapp for starters. Also pretty sure Justin Lockey, guitarist from Editors, saw me singing along during their set and saluted me. Fantastic show from them, looking forward to seeing them again in London in October, night after I see U2 actually. Interpol put in an amazing show as well - comparable to The National but more New York and with a bit more menace. 

And The Cure...well, opening straight off the bat with the first two tracks from Disintegration was always gonna be a good indicator, but I didn't realise just how incredible they'd actually be. Didn't know the words to all the songs but each one sounded incredible. 

Next one is a small show for me down in Brighton, seeing my friends Dove House and another really good local band called Peace In Protest.

  • Brilliant 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Summerfest ended earlier with a Boz Scaggs concert.  I even saw The Fray, Borns and O.A.R. for free this year.  Next one is Dawes in September.  I need to change that.  I will be seeing Robin Pleuer, a local singer, who does Edith Piaf and is quite good.  It is for Bastille Days next weekend.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

Update - it was amazing. Really impressed by Slowdive and Goldfrapp for starters. Also pretty sure Justin Lockey, guitarist from Editors, saw me singing along during their set and saluted me. Fantastic show from them, looking forward to seeing them again in London in October, night after I see U2 actually. Interpol put in an amazing show as well - comparable to The National but more New York and with a bit more menace

And The Cure...well, opening straight off the bat with the first two tracks from Disintegration was always gonna be a good indicator, but I didn't realise just how incredible they'd actually be. Didn't know the words to all the songs but each one sounded incredible. 

Next one is a small show for me down in Brighton, seeing my friends Dove House and another really good local band called Peace In Protest.

Interpol is very NYC and thrives on being menacing - well said! That's why I love them so much.

There was a nice write-up over here on the Cure show you saw - complete with clips. I hope they are touring over here soon. I had just come back from England two years ago, just as they were wrapping up their North American shows in 2016. I haven't seen them since the Curiosa festival back in 2004 and I'm ready to see them again!

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/just-like-heaven-cure-celebrates-40-years-perfectly-curated-london-anniversary-concert-034233839.html

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never seen The Cure.  They are one of my must sees.  I hope they come here as well, dmway.  I once heard that Robert Smith does not like to fly and will only travel by ship.  Does anyone know if this is true?  It seems like a rock myth.  They could still make it to Milwaukee and Chicago by ship so no worries for me. It still seems like a myth and not fact.  Anyone know?  I would love to see them.  Opening to those two songs from Disintegration would make me crazy happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2018 at 2:04 AM, Manohlive said:

I've never seen The Cure.  They are one of my must sees.  I hope they come here as well, dmway.  I once heard that Robert Smith does not like to fly and will only travel by ship.  Does anyone know if this is true?  It seems like a rock myth.  They could still make it to Milwaukee and Chicago by ship so no worries for me. It still seems like a myth and not fact.  Anyone know?  I would love to see them.  Opening to those two songs from Disintegration would make me crazy happy.

He flies - he just hates it! :lol:

Yes - really all of Disintegration is just heavenly.

 

Back on topic:

I'm seeing Beck today at MSG! B) I love seeing shows at MSG again...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

P.S. This is how close I am to Beck tonight - I’m going to stick with this GA thing 😎 :

CDCCF542-37BA-46A6-92AC-2231364064B4.jpeg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not rich enough to see U2 in concert...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dmway said:

P.S. This is how close I am to Beck tonight - I’m going to stick with this GA thing 😎 :

CDCCF542-37BA-46A6-92AC-2231364064B4.jpeg

...and here was the setlist:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/beck/2018/madison-square-garden-new-york-ny-4bebfb76.html

 

What they left out in the encore was that each member of the band played an NYC-connected song - in addition to what was listed at the setlist site, they also played snippets of:

Walk On The Wild Side (Lou Reed)

Good Times (Chic)

Takin' It To The Streets (The Doobie Brothers - the keyboard player did a spot-on perfect impression of Michael McDonald)

Once In A Lifetime (Talking Heads)

 

This show was PHENOMENAL! If you can see it before it ends, do. (The new album "Colors" is incredible as well.)

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Frankaz said:

I'm not rich enough to see U2 in concert...

Tickets prices got drastically reduced as shows in America approached.  Hopefully they will by you too.  The single seats were the first ones to get reduced...FYI.  I  hope you get to one.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to see the Chicago Symphony Orchestra at Ravinia.  I love seeing them at Ravinia.  Ten bucks to see the CSO?  I'd go every night if I could.

Tchaikovsky Festival then Gershwin Rhapsody in Blue (one of my favorite pieces of music) then Bernstein's Mass and then Beethoven's Fifth (which I've always missed and most excited to see)  I'm also going to see Milos Karadaglic (classical guitar-he is incredible)   I'm also going to see a show called, Considering Matthew Shephard at Ravinia....The Conspirare chorus explores the life and death of the gay martyr with a variety of poems set to music by Craig Hella Johnson to mark the 20th anniversary of the murder that spawned the Hate Crimes Act.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/18/2018 at 11:00 PM, dmway said:

Yes - really all of Disintegration is just heavenly.

start to finish!  I sure hope they tour America.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Tickets prices got drastically reduced as shows in America approached.  Hopefully they will by you too.  The single seats were the first ones to get reduced...FYI.  I  hope you get to one.  

They'd need a lot more *POP* in the setlist too for me to be interested :MacphistoSignal:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Tickets prices got drastically reduced as shows in America approached.  Hopefully they will by you too.  The single seats were the first ones to get reduced...FYI.  I  hope you get to one.  

So wrong for bands to operate in this way!  screw the people who are diehards and let the casuals in at a cheap price. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Well, I was going to add a few more photos from the Beck show last night, but even the smallest ones are "too big" - oh well, maybe we'll get a greater posting allotment someday.

But, back on topic, my next show is tomorrow, and it's all day tomorrow.

I like music from before the 80s revolution as well, and tomorrow the first band I ever saw live is having their 50th anniversary celebration - the band simply known as Yes. The band started the same year as Led Zeppelin and Jethro Tull, among many others. Their UK celebration was in London a few months ago, but their US celebration is in Philadelphia! Philly has supported this band since their very first tour here in the early 70s (they even have an official "Yes Day" by proclamation of the mayor and the city council - I was at that ceremony in City Hall back in 2004). They are playing tonight, but I am seeing them tomorrow night live after their anniversary celebration earlier in the day (I didn't want to see three shows on three consecutive nights - I knew Beck would put on a show that would ecstatically exhaust me, so I needed a recuperation day).

I didn't see them live until the 80s myself, but their older music is my first love. A lot of the band's alumni from back then are even coming for the celebration, and two are even playing again with the current version of the band on a few songs! A full day of lovely music! B)

Edited by dmway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2018 at 10:19 PM, dmway said:

Well, I was going to add a few more photos from the Beck show last night, but even the smallest ones are "too big" - oh well, maybe we'll get a greater posting allotment someday.

But, back on topic, my next show is tomorrow, and it's all day tomorrow.

I like music from before the 80s revolution as well, and tomorrow the first band I ever saw live is having their 50th anniversary celebration - the band simply known as Yes. The band started the same year as Led Zeppelin and Jethro Tull, among many others. Their UK celebration was in London a few months ago, but their US celebration is in Philadelphia! Philly has supported this band since their very first tour here in the early 70s (they even have an official "Yes Day" by proclamation of the mayor and the city council - I was at that ceremony in City Hall back in 2004). They are playing tonight, but I am seeing them tomorrow night live after their anniversary celebration earlier in the day (I didn't want to see three shows on three consecutive nights - I knew Beck would put on a show that would ecstatically exhaust me, so I needed a recuperation day).

I didn't see them live until the 80s myself, but their older music is my first love. A lot of the band's alumni from back then are even coming for the celebration, and two are even playing again with the current version of the band on a few songs! A full day of lovely music! B)

Well, the anniversary was very well celebrated! B)

More later, I'm too tired now...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last concert I worked at was "Five Finger Death Punch" and the opening act was "Breaking Benjamin" when they came through my neck of the woods this past Wednesday night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.