Sign in to follow this  
dmway

What concert are you seeing next?

Dawes announced a show in Chicago and of all places; Oshkosh, WI.  That is my hometown.  They are playing the old Eagles Club, which has been renovated.  My grandparents used to go there to dance. My parents used to go there and dance.  Now I shall go and dance.  The Head and the Heart just announced one show and it's in Chicago.  I'm skipping Elton John for these three shows.  I can still see Dawes two more times and all concerts, added together, will be less than Elton John.  I'm sad not to see him but think I'm making the right decision.  

1 hour ago, Manohlive said:

Did you see them yet?  

Yes! They were great! Had a wonderful time. EB9C1E0D-5251-43CA-9374-9A346BC248EA.jpegFA3496D4-270C-4C9F-B970-4705928002AF.jpeg788A3042-DB38-49F5-ACAF-4124836F1331.jpeg

• Like 1

Simple Minds are epic-saw them again last month. I grew up in West Wales listening to U2 and simple minds on a crackly RTE 2FM from a Across the Irish Sea.. Glad you enjoyed and got to see them after I flagged the tour on here. 

Edited by doctornickriviera
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, doctornickriviera said:

Simple Minds are epic-saw them again last month. I grew up in West Wales listening to U2 and simple minds on a crackly RTE 2FM from a Roos the Irish Sea.. Glad you enjoyed and got to see them after I flagged the tour on here. 

Yes, thank you for mentioning they were touring. I would have missed it, had you not. It’s been over 20 years since they last played in Atlanta so it was quite a treat. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mich40 said:

Yes, thank you for mentioning they were touring. I would have missed it, had you not. It’s been over 20 years since they last played in Atlanta so it was quite a treat. 

How was Jim Kerrs voice? What I heard it lost a lot of power since the last tour  

3 hours ago, mich40 said:

Yes! They were great! Had a wonderful time. 

I need a, 'I'm really happy for you', reaction.  It's wonderful to hear you enjoyed it.

1 hour ago, doctornickriviera said:

Glad you enjoyed and got to see them after I flagged the tour on here

1 hour ago, mich40 said:

Yes, thank you for mentioning they were touring. I would have missed it, had you not.

I would never have discovered AND missed the Stererophonics had the Doc not told me of that one as well.  They are now a daily listen in my household.

2 hours ago, Malahide said:

How was Jim Kerrs voice? What I heard it lost a lot of power since the last tour  

Seeing how I have never seen they live, I can’t really compare; but I thought they sounded really good. 

...and it's Metallica for me tomorrow! B)

Cheer for U2 for me while I'm driving to the show!

7 hours ago, dmway said:

...and it's Metallica for me tomorrow! B)

Cheer for U2 for me while I'm driving to the show!

You tempt my envy to turn into jealousy.  Don't be making me covet.   ?     They were just here a day or two ago.  I badly wanted to go but nothing got discounted.  It's the new Bucks arena and everyone wants to see a show in it. 

Edited by Manohlive

Marmozets were AMAZING last night. Easily one of the best bands in the UK and the world right now. Tomorrow night - Black Peaks. Local boys done good playing at Bar 42 in Worthing with my friends Kicking Grave supporting! 

Here's a photo from the Marmz gig last night. 
image.png.1911da6b90053b01ac22e5dfce440466.png

The Black Peaks show last night was amazing, so exciting to see a local band doing so well on a national level. 

Next up, tomorrow night... U2! 
:Bananaphisto:

On 10/22/2018 at 1:08 PM, peterferris8 said:

The Black Peaks show last night was amazing, so exciting to see a local band doing so well on a national level. 

Next up, tomorrow night... U2! 
:Bananaphisto:

You and Canadanne got a great show! B)

Oh boy...last night was on another level. 

Tonight...Editors at Brixton Academy, and that's going to be the last big one for a while.

Right, so Editors who were incredible. Night after that I went to a local gig and watched some singer songwriters; a fun night. Last night I saw The Ramonas (all-female Ramones tribute band that I also share a good friendship with) playing a small venue and they smashed it! Next gig will probably be tomorrow night - another night of singer songwriters.

Edited by peterferris8

36 minutes ago, peterferris8 said:

Right, so Editors who were incredible. Night after that I went to a local gig and watched some singer songwriters; a fun night. Last night I saw The Ramonas (all-female Ramones tribute band that I also share a good friendship with) playing a small venue and they smashed it! Next gig will probably be tomorrow night - another night of singer songwriters.

That sounds great!

I forgot to mention that I saw Unforgettable Fire last night in Atlantic City - just beating a Nor'Easter that started hitting the area last night and all day today. They were incredible! See the U2 tribute band clearinghouse thread here for more:

http://zootopia.u2.com/forums/topic/40229-u2-tribute-band-clearinghouse-thread/

On 10/25/2018 at 2:46 PM, doctornickriviera said:

No gigs Planned now 

muse Tix next

Muse is touring?   Yee Haw.   That means they'll hit America too.  

Well, it won't be U2...renewed subscription again last year, in anticipation of getting tickets for Toronto, then the listings came out - nowhere near Toronto - have been a member for 15 years, but won't be renewing, especially now that this favourite band,  who supposedly believes scripture, sure seem wishy washy on several issues, especially the big ones that are so politically correct now - which is ironic, thought they were always able to not be politically correct if they didn't have to be - they were always able to speak/see truth.  

On 10/31/2018 at 2:51 PM, Manohlive said:

Muse is touring?   Yee Haw.   That means they'll hit America too.  

1 hour ago, doctornickriviera said:

https://muse.mu/news,pressure-tour-cities-reveal_4842.htm

dont seem to be playing in the birthplace of Willy Wonka mind.

Yes - they are worth catching! I saw them way back early in their career when the were part of The Cure’s “Curiosa” festival. They were great! ?

My next shows are tribute bands for the remainder of 2018.

In three weeks, I will be seeing Jason Bonham’s ‘Led Zeppelin Evening’ (it used to be called “Jason Bonham’s ‘Led Zeppelin Experience’”, but the band is planning on using that label for something involving LZ’s 50th anniversary). I’ve seen it for the last two years and it is awesome! ?

18 hours ago, dmway said:

Yes - they are worth catching! I saw them way back early in their career when the were part of The Cure’s “Curiosa” festival. They were great! ?

I saw the Drones tour and it was great.