Sign in to follow this  
dmway

What concert are you seeing next?

Got my ticket for The Head and the Heart in the mail.  I'm twelfth row center and it's Dec 6.   I did not realize I had such a good seat.  They were great in May.  I love seeing them in December and The Chicago Theatre is where I first saw both them and Dawes.  I'm also going to see Dawes, with a little luck, in Feb in St Pete's in Florida.  That will be my fourth Dawes show this tour and it's just begun.

The Head and the Heart.   So happy to see them again.

On 10/18/2018 at 4:04 PM, mich40 said:

Seeing how I have never seen they live, I can’t really compare; but I thought they sounded really good. 

I saw Simple Minds for the first time ever last month in San Francisco (10/25/18) at The Masonic, which is a good venue.  I can't believe I never saw them in the 80s.  Jim Kerr seemed in top form to me, both vocally and physically (he must do yoga).  It was a long show, and perhaps his voice was tiring by the end, since he basically had the crowd sing "Alive and Kicking".

I'm sure that Kerr/Burchill hate this, but I will forever think of them as a lesser U2 without enough standout material.  Aside from the few big hits, the other material was all "same sounding", like an ongoing ambient track that was periodically punctured by a standout song (which also had the same sound, but with a hook added).

Still, I'm glad I went.

Am going to see Melody Gardot at the end of the month in London.

On 11/2/2018 at 6:32 PM, dmway said:

My next shows are tribute bands for the remainder of 2018.

In three weeks, I will be seeing Jason Bonham’s ‘Led Zeppelin Evening’ (it used to be called “Jason Bonham’s ‘Led Zeppelin Experience’”, but the band is planning on using that label for something involving LZ’s 50th anniversary). I’ve seen it for the last two years and it is awesome! ?

...and this show is now tonight! 😎

Well worth seeing if they come by your neck of the woods!

18 hours ago, dmway said:

...and this show is now tonight! 😎

Well worth seeing if they come by your neck of the woods!

Jason Bonham’s drum kit. 😎

63000DEF-FD03-4ED7-BDBE-9AC676BA3E30.jpeg

Glen Hansard for me, mid December 

Then no idea, plenty of shows on the list but it's getting really expensive so I need to think carefully which one is really worth the effort 

• Like 1

Not my next show but I just found out that Snow Patrol is coming to Chicago for a solo gig. ☺️  $40.  What a deal.

• Upvote 1

My next Shows ?

METALLICA in Paris ....... with Stef

ELTON JOHN in Bordeaux .... with Chrissie, Sev-Erin .... and our Mum

MUSE in Bordeaux ........ with Chrissie & Stef & Jake and Andy too

• Like 1

I am at the Chicago Theatre waiting for The Head and the Heart w/ Mt. Joy opening.  I cannot upload pic due to size but my seat is great.

On 12/4/2018 at 1:45 PM, doctornickriviera said:

Manics next June and if the Presale goes well tomorrow Muse 

I am still chomping at the bit for Muse to tour America.  The Drones tour was awesome.  I know I've said this but it was awesome!  

Head and Heart last night-great seat-all good.  A  lady in a plastic circular sequined smock-like something walked down the aisle. We are talking cheaper than soda bottle plastic sequins which were clearly made to reflect light. I  knew she was gonna be in front of me the second I saw her.  😖   My first thought was, 'Dude, make the best of it.'  (myself being dude)  Those sequins sparkled  to where they caught any and every sign of light. (pun intended)   People were looking at her like she was crazy..  She was one seat in front of me, to my right.  I thought, 'Whew!  I escaped part of it.  She's still right there but not in front of me.  Whew!  I lucked out.'  NOPE. (Lol)  Her boyfriend joined her a few minutes later. He was like Speedy Gonzalez on speed.   He kept yelling nonsensical  things at John, the lead singer, during the whole of the show. Their cell phones never dimmed.  At one point he was watching gifs and vids during songs, while holding up the phone as though he was filming the show. They were using their phones to film 360 degrees pan shots of the audience/venue.   I thought,  'Okay. One pan is cool.  Twice?  Okay.  You are done now, yes?'   NOPE.  (Lol again)  They did dozens.  They did 360 pans from every angle possible.  The guy even passed his cell phone between his legs to do some 360 pans.  Eventually the screens got my eyes and kicked off a migraine but I'll be fine.  Why do people think concerts are permission to be rude and inconsiderate of others?  I don't get it.  It took quite a while, but I no longer let it get me.  At one point, without realizing it, I said, "Dear God have Mercy on me."  Some people heard me, laughed and nodded.  The people in my row were all very cool.  I had a great, great time.  😀  

The show was fantastic.  It was a one-off gig.  They aren't even touring.  They flew into Chicago to do this one concert. I've never heard them do Down in the Valley where it sounded better. 10,000 Weight in Gold was pure bliss.  They did a scaled down version of Your Mother's Eyes. It is one of the best things I've ever heard live. The song, Shake, kicked major ass last night. They did another new song, which I loved. They were relaxed from time spent at home, with family, and not touring.  It made for an especially good Head and the Heart show.  I am already anxiously awaiting their return.   

It is very pleasant and quite beautiful to be in downtown Chicago during the holidays.  My next shows are all Dawes: 01/26 in Chicago. 01/29 in Oshkosh and 02/17 in Clearwater, Florida. 

6 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

@Manohlive they are touring N America next year. I don’t think they are coming near Milwaukee mind

http://www.muse.mu/tour

Chicago-April 12, 2019.  The United Center and Muse in Chicago....

I did not know.  That just made my day/week, Doc  It's only a 90 minute drive and I love Chicago.   Grazie Mille.

Edited by Manohlive
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Chicago-April 12, 2019.  The United Center and Muse in Chicago....

I did not know.  That just made my day/week, Doc  It's only a 90 minute drive and I love Chicago.   Grazie Mille.

You are most welcome!

The Genesis Show (a Genesis cover band, obviously) in six days!

Then, 5 days after that....The Unforgettable Fire again! :HMTMKMKM_Bono_02::HMTMKMKM_Edge_02::HMTMKMKM_Adam_02::HMTMKMKM_Larry_02:

Posted (edited)

It's now five or six Dawes shows between Jan 25 and Feb 19 for me.  I wish I could see them at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville.  I'd love to see any show at that venue.  I found a good single seat to see Twenty One Pilots in Indianapolis.  I have to wait until June, but $59.50 is quite reasonable.  They are selling out everywhere-including Europe.   Houndmouth is coming to Chicago in March and it's $25 so I'm going to that too.

On 12/22/2018 at 11:57 PM, dmway said:

The Genesis Show (a Genesis cover band, obviously) in six days!

Then, 5 days after that....The Unforgettable Fire again! :HMTMKMKM_Bono_02::HMTMKMKM_Edge_02::HMTMKMKM_Adam_02::HMTMKMKM_Larry_02:

.  Feb 1-Philadelphia-The Filmore-Dawes-$29.50.  That also includes a physical copy of their new Cd-Passwords.   

Edited by Manohlive

On 12/4/2018 at 1:45 PM, doctornickriviera said:

Manics next June and if the Presale goes well tomorrow Muse 

How did the presale go for you?   They sold very well in Chicago.  I'll be fine with waiting to get a ticket or two, but all the good seats are gone.

On 1/10/2019 at 1:36 PM, clarky46 said:

the cure 

I'm hoping and praying they tour America and book a gig in Chicago that is not Lollapalooza. (too many people for this graying Zootopian)

Well, I just got my ticket for The Who at MSG in NYC for May! B) I may take them in again in Philly about 12 days later - to be determined...

In an interview in Rolling Stone not too long ago, Roger Daltrey conceded that this could be his/their last tour, so I was doubly sure to see them this time around. They are planning the tour to be symphonic as well - they will have mini-orchestras from each city that they tour in. I'm looking forward to it!