Sign in to follow this  
dmway

What concert are you seeing next?

2 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I like both band very much.  They charge way too much for tickets.  I'm glad you can go.  Even if I could afford it-I don't think they are worth as much as they charge.  That's getting off topic.  I used a bunch of Global Citizen points to enter a drawing to see The Who in Chicago.  It would be a dream come true to see them live.  I wish I had gone for the Who Are You tour.  Tickets were very affordable.  Dumb but hindsight.  Perhaps The Who will be a next concert for me too.  I hope it is amazing for you, dmway.  

I’m looking forward to The Who very much - the Quadrophenia anniversary tour of 6 or 7 years ago was absolutely phenomenal. They only charge too much for their floor seats; the ticket I got was pretty much going rate for headliners. (I agree that the Stones charge too much for virtually every seat. I guess they still need to save up to pay for their great-grandkids’ university educations 🙄)

It will be a great show 😎

Just in the door from Johnny Marr. He was outstanding! I was down the front with just four people between me and him. From the get go he was interacting with the audience, when he wasn't singing he was at the lip of the stage throwing shapes and striking poses.

His set seemed to be an even split between his solo work and Smiths/Electronic songs. The Smiths tunes were... words fail me. Just look at this list -

Bigmouth Strikes Again,

The Headmaster Ritual,

Last Night I dreamt Someone Loved Me,

You Just Haven't Earned It Yet, Baby,

How Soon Is Now?

There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

and... THIS CHARMING MAN!

I'm overwhelmed, I need to have a lie down and gather my wits.

Johnny F-ing Marr indeed.

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

1 hour ago, CorkVegan said:

Just in the door from Johnny Marr. He was outstanding! I was down the front with just four people between me and him. From the get go he was interacting with the audience, when he wasn't singing he was at the lip of the stage throwing shapes and striking poses.

His set seemed to be an even split between his solo work and Smiths/Electronic songs. The Smiths tunes were... words fail me. Just look at this list -

Bigmouth Strikes Again,

The Headmaster Ritual,

Last Night I dreamt Someone Loved Me,

You Just Haven't Earned It Yet, Baby,

How Soon Is Now?

There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

and... THIS CHARMING MAN!

I'm overwhelmed, I need to have a lie down and gather my wits.

Johnny F-ing Marr indeed.

That is a truly great setlist! 😎

When I saw him back in 2013 at Jodrell Bank, he was that tremendous too. (And he had the extra benefit of having Bernard Sumner to sing alongside him for “Getting Away With It” since New Order were the headliners.)

I’m glad it went so well, and the tour premiere to boot!

This is my view last night. The person who shot the video must have been standing right in front of me or beside me. The final tally is seven Smiths songs, two Electronic and eleven solo Johnny.

• Like 1

After many excited premature mentions, I'll be heading to Chicago to see Snow Patrol tomorrow.  

On 5/1/2019 at 7:47 AM, dmway said:

I’m looking forward to The Who very much - the Quadrophenia anniversary tour of 6 or 7 years ago was absolutely phenomenal. They only charge too much for their floor seats; the ticket I got was pretty much going rate for headliners. (I agree that the Stones charge too much for virtually every seat. I guess they still need to save up to pay for their great-grandkids’ university educations 🙄)

It will be a great show 😎

...and the show is coming tomorrow!

The Who at MSG, NYC for very probably the last time - I'm glad I'm seeing it! Show report later...

On 5/12/2019 at 1:23 AM, dmway said:

...and the show is coming tomorrow!

The Who at MSG, NYC for very probably the last time - I'm glad I'm seeing it! Show report later...

...and tonight’s show is sold out! 😮

Should be fun! 😎

AC215C7C-3AEE-422A-A154-78887E8349BE.jpeg

10 hours ago, dmway said:

...and tonight’s show is sold out! 😮

Should be fun! 😎

AC215C7C-3AEE-422A-A154-78887E8349BE.jpeg

...and it was FANTASTIC! 😎

If you can see a show, see one. It’s amazing!

• Like 1

Just a heads up, The Waterboys have just announced a North American tour. Tickets on sale Friday.

US Tour 2019

The Waterboys will return to North America this autumn in support of their brilliant new album WHERE THE ACTION IS, already described by influential UK music mag MOJO as "joyous..audacious..miraculous". Dates as follows, with a few more to be announced soon. Tickets go on sale this Friday 17 May at noon local time.

Tues 17 Sept - Count Basie Theatre, RED BANK, NJ. 
Tickets here.

Wed 18 Sept - The Wilbur, BOSTON, MA. 
Tickets here.

Fri 20 Sept - Calvin Theatre, NORTHAMPTON, MA. 
Tickets here.

Sat 21 Sept - World Café Live, PHILADELPHIA, PA. 
Tickets here.

Sun 22 Sept - Lincoln Theatre, WASHINGTON, DC. 
Tickets here.

Mon 23 Sept - Webster Hall, NY, NY. 
Tickets here.

Wed 25 Sept - Danforth Music Hall, TORONTO, ONTARIO. 
Tickets here.

Thurs 26 Sept - Majestic Theatre, DETROIT, MI. 
Tickets here.

Sat 28 Sept - Varsity Theater, MINNEAPOLIS, MN. 
Tickets here.

Sun 29 Sept - Old Town School Of Folk Music, CHICAGO, IL. 
Tickets here.

Tues 01 Oct - Gothic Theatre, ENGLEWOOD, CO. 
Tickets here.

Wed 02 Oct - The Depot, SALT LAKE CITY, UT. 
Tickets here.

Sun 06 Oct - Commodore Ballroom, VANCOUVER, BC. 
Tickets here.

Mon 07 Oct - Wonder Ballroom, PORTLAND, OR. 
Tickets here.

Tues 08 Oct - The Neptune, SEATTLE, WA 
Tickets here.

Sat 12 Oct - The Observatory North Park, 
SAN DIEGO, CA.

Tickets here.

Sun 13 Oct - The Observatory, SANTA ANA, CA. 
Tickets here.

Tues 15 Oct - Belasco Theater, LOS ANGELES, CA. 
Tickets here.

Stone Temple Pilots next for me on the 29th of this month!

I need to keep it unofficial but I think I can officially say my next concert(s) is Summerfest in Milwaukee but I can't mention it because I'm very superstitious that if I do the Bucks will not take the finals so you are not reading this but just in case you are then know that The Head and the Heart is on the top of my list for this festival but you aren't really reading this.

On 5/16/2019 at 12:11 PM, dmway said:

On 5/14/2019 at 4:30 AM, dmway said:

...and it was FANTASTIC! 😎

If you can see a show, see one. It’s amazing!

...and I have to update my list!

I enjoyed The Who show at MSG so much that I am now seeing them in Philadelphia tomorrow! 😎 The price of the tickets in the sections on the floor was greatly-reduced (so much so that the show I’m seeing tomorrow is less expensive than the ticket I got for the MSG show, despite being a much closer seat and in a stadium to boot). Thus, it was a deal I couldn’t pass up.

One more Who show in Philly... 🎸

• Upvote 1

On 5/24/2019 at 11:15 PM, dmway said:

...and I have to update my list!

I enjoyed The Who show at MSG so much that I am now seeing them in Philadelphia tomorrow! 😎 The price of the tickets in the sections on the floor was greatly-reduced (so much so that the show I’m seeing tomorrow is less expensive than the ticket I got for the MSG show, despite being a much closer seat and in a stadium to boot). Thus, it was a deal I couldn’t pass up.

One more Who show in Philly... 🎸

...and that was the third time I have made a last-moment impulse buy that was completely worth it! (The other two times were seeing Stevie Wonder live in Philadelphia about 12 or 13 years ago, and the other was seeing U2 last year for MSG #2 - discounted tickets were belatedly released for this show; I ended up buying the ticket on the morning of the show.) 

I always knew I liked The Who very much; however, seeing them on this tour reminded me that I actually love them. If this is their last tour, I have gotten to see them twice, and I hope they will play a date where I can see them again in the fall (at the moment, the closest date is at Jones Beach on Long Island, and that show isn't really feasible for me - I hope they add something closer.)

I loved U2's homage to The Who when they made "All Because Of You". I'm not surprised that they are fans too.

Heading up to Tarrytown tomorrow to chant with Krishna Das.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2019 at 12:11 PM, dmway said:

...and their new singer has completely evolved into the role. His name is Jeff Gutt - you can tell he was a big fan of Scott Weiland, he looks a bit like him, he sings very much like him, and the album that STP made with him on vocals is quite good (one song ("Roll Me Under") just sounds like classic STP). If you liked the original STP, this 2.0 version is well worth the name - see them if you get the chance.

Now, my next show is Robby Krieger (the guitarist of The Doors, for those who didn't already know). I've seen him before - he puts on great shows!

Krishna Das never disappoints. Uplifting, moving, motivating.

For a complete change of scene I'm going into Brooklyn on Tuesday 4th of June to see Bikini Kill.

Posted (edited)

U2 !

well, after Fleetwood Mac in August

But then U2 !!!

Edited by xrayjets
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Dawes is my next show in Ann Arbor, MI on June 26. 

Edited by Manohlive
I was tipsy.

I just found out about this show.  I'm buying a cheap ticket. 

cashcooder.jpg

Bikini Kill got the job done in Brooklyn with a surprise guest Joan Jett. It was an interesting audience and not quite I expected. There was a core of punk and outsiders but the majority were the type of people you'd see at a U2 show. A good night, well worth leaving the house for.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, doctornickriviera said:

The Killers Cardiff Castle.

How was Muse?

On 5/30/2019 at 10:52 PM, dmway said:

Now, my next show is Robby Krieger (the guitarist of The Doors, for those who didn't already know). I've seen him before - he puts on great shows!

...and Robby Krieger was incredible! It's wonderful to hear The Doors' music live on in the new millennium. 😎

I just saw The Musical Box (tribute band for older (i.e., pre-trio) Genesis) again last night - again spectacular!

Tomorrow, I am seeing Howard Jones for the second time ever in the US (the first time was also the first time I saw U2, at the finale of the "A Conspiracy of Hope" tour at Giants Stadium)! I saw him 6 years ago in England, and tomorrow will be a wonderful reliving of that great night!

• Like 1