Sign in to follow this  
dmway

What concert are you seeing next?

50 minutes ago, peterferris8 said:

Got back from Download today and I'm still just about alive! Wonderful weekend. Finally got to see Slipknot headline on the Saturday who I've been dying to see for ages and they were everything I hoped they'd be and more. Tool headlined the Sunday - it was their first UK show in 12 years and they were truly incredible. (If by pure chance MacFoley happens to read this, thanks for recommending them to me all those years ago!) So many other amazing bands as well. Next up for me is Interpol at the Brighton Dome next Wednesday!

Hey Pete! Yes it is by chance, I can read this. Or have...thanks to Mich who passed it my way, bless her...

Nice one you saw Tool! I am glad you enjoyed their set, they are truly a special band ain't they! New album August 30th too...

How are you anyhow? 

18 hours ago, MacFoley said:

Hey Pete! Yes it is by chance, I can read this. Or have...thanks to Mich who passed it my way, bless her...

Nice one you saw Tool! I am glad you enjoyed their set, they are truly a special band ain't they! New album August 30th too...

How are you anyhow? 

Well fancy seeing you here! I'm good thanks, just getting on with life as anyone generally does, how about you?

I want to like your posts, dmway, peterferris8 and docnickriviera.  I ran out of reactions in the Singapore presale thread.  Many new Zootopians are getting the tickets they want.  It's impossible not to love it.   I'll give you likes when I get more to grant. 

dmway: who is in Yes these days?  (of original members and Trevor Rabin?)   I need to watch screen time or I'd look.

peterferris8: Slipknot-Corey seems to have an incredible voice.  How someone can screech like he does and still have a beautiful voice is beyond me.  Tool is coming to my city but I can't afford it.  I'd love to see them.  I'm glad you had such a good time. 

Docnick-You'd be getting a haha reaction for Mudd.  I hope it dries up before you as you take each step. 

Corkvegan-how was Dave Matthews?  

x3driver-I'd really like to know how Andrea Bocelli was.  Worth the money?  I always want to go see him, however it's pricey.  I think he's worth it.  I'd like to go next time but wonder what it's like to see a classical tenor in a huge arena.  I hope it was great.

Dawes next week for me.  I almost gave it up to visit my niece but the logistics are not possible so Ann Arbor it is for Dawes on June 26.   Oh yes. 

1 hour ago, Manohlive said:

I want to like your posts, dmway, peterferris8 and docnickriviera.  I ran out of reactions in the Singapore presale thread.  Many new Zootopians are getting the tickets they want.  It's impossible not to love it.   I'll give you likes when I get more to grant. 

dmway: who is in Yes these days?  (of original members and Trevor Rabin?)   I need to watch screen time or I'd look.

The current lineup for Yes right now is: Steve Howe, Alan White (but he is still recovering from back surgery - so, an outstanding drummer by the name of Jay Schellen is doing most of the heavy lifting), Geoff Downes (keyboardist from Yes' album "Drama" and has been with them since 2011; also originally a member of The Buggles ("Video Killed The Radio Star", etc.)), Billy Sherwood on bass (he's been in the Yes camp and working closely with Chris Squire (R.I.P.) since the early 90s), and most recent vocalist, Jon Davison (he joined in 2014 - on this tour, he is singing the best I have ever heard him sing).

Also, there are three other bands on this tour: Carl Palmer's "ELP Legacy" (obviously celebrating ELP), John Lodge of The Moody Blues playing the best of the Moodies live, the reconstructed version of Asia (which turned out to be MUCH better than I thought It would), and then Yes. I loved last Wednesday's show so much I am seeing them again.

So, now my next shows are: "Get The Led Out", an excellent Zeppelin cover band, this Friday, AND Yes again next Thursday in Bethel, NY, at/near the site of the original Woodstock Festival and during its 50th anniversary year (too bad the planned tribute concert isn't happening). June is turning out to be nice! 😎

Chris Squire-Starship Trooper-one of my favorite guitar solos in its time.  I never liked Owner of A Lonely Heart but loved Yes otherwise.  Have fun at Get The Led Out on Friday.  I'm gonna listen to Zep III tonight.  Thanks for the push.  😏

22 hours ago, Manohlive said:

peterferris8: Slipknot-Corey seems to have an incredible voice.  How someone can screech like he does and still have a beautiful voice is beyond me.  Tool is coming to my city but I can't afford it.  I'd love to see them.  I'm glad you had such a good time. 

Corey was on it on Saturday night. Given how much punishment his vocal cords must take in one night alone with Slipknot, his scream is way better than it has any right to be after 20 years! 

It's been two days since I returned home from Download, and the festival withdrawal symptoms are kicking in hard...Still, one week til Interpol!

• Like 1

Dave Matthews Band killed it last night in Bethal Woods, NY. It was my first time seeing them and I would definitely see them again.

Another first on the 29th of this month when I'm seeing Phish in Camden, NJ.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CorkVegan said:

Dave Matthews Band killed it last night in Bethal Woods, NY. It was my first time seeing them and I would definitely see them again.

Another first on the 29th of this month when I'm seeing Phish in Camden, NJ.

How was Bethel Woods, NY as a venue? I’m seeing Yes next week there, and it’s my first time visiting the place.

Was the parking ok?

19 minutes ago, dmway said:

How was Bethel Woods, NY as a venue? I’m seeing Yes next week there, and it’s my first time visiting the place.

Was the parking ok?

The location itself is beautiful. Great organization inside and very pleasant staff. You can pay for a premium parking spot in the lot just outside the venue, otherwise parking is free in fields just beyond. However it is worth noting that a premium spot close to the venue is a disadvantage when it's time to leave as you are now furtherst from the exit. The only issue we had was the traffic jam we encountered at the end of the night. All those cars trying to funnel onto a country backroad will do that. In retrospect it might have been wiser to simply kick back and listen to the radio for an hour until the hoard thinned out.

But otherwise a hugely positive experience. It was my first time there and I would go back again without hesitation. On a side note: I was on the lawn and it was great value for money. The sound was crisp and there were screens to see close ups.

A good time is pretty much guaranteed. Have fun and please let me know what your experience was.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CorkVegan said:

The location itself is beautiful. Great organization inside and very pleasant staff. You can pay for a premium parking spot in the lot just outside the venue, otherwise parking is free in fields just beyond. However it is worth noting that a premium spot close to the venue is a disadvantage when it's time to leave as you are now furtherst from the exit. The only issue we had was the traffic jam we encountered at the end of the night. All those cars trying to funnel onto a country backroad will do that. In retrospect it might have been wiser to simply kick back and listen to the radio for an hour until the hoard thinned out.

But otherwise a hugely positive experience. It was my first time there and I would go back again without hesitation. On a side note: I was on the lawn and it was great value for money. The sound was crisp and there were screens to see close ups.

A good time is pretty much guaranteed. Have fun and please let me know what your experience was.

Thank you, and thanks for sharing this!

I also got an e-mail from Bethel Woods today, and you're right! After checking out their website, it looks like a great place! I might have to take in all the sights before the show and/or the following morning - I didn't know there was so much there!

I think I'll want to see another show there too. Thanks for replying!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dmway said:

I think I'll want to see another show there too. 

Same here.

I'm seeing Sir Paul McCartney tonight!  But there is no GA floor, seats on the field are expensive 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

Enjoy Sir Paul, kevin_hogan.

Dawes is tomorrow.  This one is reserved seating and we are front row.  Summerfest starts tomorrow.  It's the first opening day I will have missed in almost four decades.  I can't wait to leave town and head to Ann Arbor to see them. 

• Like 1

On 6/18/2019 at 5:04 PM, dmway said:

The current lineup for Yes right now is: Steve Howe, Alan White (but he is still recovering from back surgery - so, an outstanding drummer by the name of Jay Schellen is doing most of the heavy lifting), Geoff Downes (keyboardist from Yes' album "Drama" and has been with them since 2011; also originally a member of The Buggles ("Video Killed The Radio Star", etc.)), Billy Sherwood on bass (he's been in the Yes camp and working closely with Chris Squire (R.I.P.) since the early 90s), and most recent vocalist, Jon Davison (he joined in 2014 - on this tour, he is singing the best I have ever heard him sing).

Also, there are three other bands on this tour: Carl Palmer's "ELP Legacy" (obviously celebrating ELP), John Lodge of The Moody Blues playing the best of the Moodies live, the reconstructed version of Asia (which turned out to be MUCH better than I thought It would), and then Yes. I loved last Wednesday's show so much I am seeing them again.

So, now my next shows are: "Get The Led Out", an excellent Zeppelin cover band, this Friday, AND Yes again next Thursday in Bethel, NY, at/near the site of the original Woodstock Festival and during its 50th anniversary year (too bad the planned tribute concert isn't happening). June is turning out to be nice! 😎

...and now that show is tomorrow! 😎

Bethel Woods, NY and Yes, here I come!

I’ve got The Who ( with Eddie Vedder, Kaiser Chiefs, Imelda May) on 6th and then Switchfoot on 9th.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, adrnik said:

I’ve got The Who ( with Eddie Vedder, Kaiser Chiefs, Imelda May) on 6th and then Switchfoot on 9th.

Well done on seeing The Who! I saw them twice in May and am seeing them again at MSG in September. You’re going to love the show, especially with Eddie Vedder et al. as special guests!

Have a good time!

15 hours ago, dmway said:

Well done on seeing The Who! I saw them twice in May and am seeing them again at MSG in September. You’re going to love the show, especially with Eddie Vedder et al. as special guests!

Have a good time!

Thanks for the message.

I've loved The Who for over 20 years and this is the first time I would have tickets to see them live.

Interpol were sublime last night! I almost didn't make it on time because of work, but managed to get there about half an hour before they started, met up with a friend and ended up 3 rows from the front! Incredible gig, and the lightshow was awesome too! 
image.png.3df32b07c2151f4bb36d16bf46fcaa0f.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

Interpol were sublime last night! I almost didn't make it on time because of work, but managed to get there about half an hour before they started, met up with a friend and ended up 3 rows from the front! Incredible gig, and the lightshow was awesome too! 
image.png.3df32b07c2151f4bb36d16bf46fcaa0f.png

They are always great - I never miss them.

I'm glad you had a good time!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

-Dawes was especially great last night.  They house was only a third sold.  We were shocked  Performing arts center-the sound was perfect. . To see one of my favorite guitarists ever, right in front of me, wailing away some of my favorite licks ever is the best medicine I know.  I could have pushed him over and he's going nuts on the guitar...love it.  Next Dawes show is July 13

I just got a free pass to go see Styx tomorrow night at Summerfest.  I'd rather go see someone else but my best friend loves them.  My next big show, with excitement, is The National at Summerfest on Sunday.  

Edited by Manohlive

They announced a European tour.  It's small but they have a following in Europe.  I highly recommend this band.  I know Gary Lightbody is a big fan of theirs.  He's Tweeted about them.  

On 6/26/2019 at 12:26 PM, doctornickriviera said:

Dawes are coming to the U.K. but alas not to Wales.

17/02   LONDON, The Windmill
18/02   MANCHESTER, Academy 3
20/02   AMSTERDAM, Paradiso
22/02   HAMBURG, Molotow
23/02   BERLIN, Magnet
24/02   FRANKFURT, Yellow Stage
25/02   BRUSSELS, AB Club
27/02   PARIS, Fleche d’Or
05/03   LONDON, The Borderline

I forgot to mention that they gave me a set list for both sets from last night's show.