dmway

What concert are you seeing next?

On 8/28/2019 at 1:21 AM, dmway said:

On Sunday, it will be The Who in Madison Square Garden for the second time this year. 😎

...and here’s my proof:

0681385C-6D7E-4FA7-BE8F-3546A8F97F7D.jpeg

Now I've added Black Peaks to my list. They're local boys (Brighton) who've done insanely huge shows with bands like Mastodon, Deftones, A Perfect Circle, etc., and now they've announced an intimate show at Brighton Electric, which is Brighton's biggest recording/rehearsal studio on the 29th!

On 9/1/2019 at 6:42 PM, dmway said:

...and here’s my proof:

0681385C-6D7E-4FA7-BE8F-3546A8F97F7D.jpeg

...and the show was excellent! 😎

They played two songs from their upcoming(!) new album due mid-November. The first (“Hero Ground Zero”) was debuted live in London this past July, but they played it again tonight. Getting it’s full-fledged live debut was “Big Cigars” - this song was truly outstanding! It sounded like classic Who! Needless to say, I’m looking forward to the new album even more now.

Strong possibility of more shows next year - both UK/Europe shows and a date or two in Mexico have been rumored by reliable sources. Let’s hope it’s true! 🎸

My next show is tomorrow! Morrissey, with Interpol opening.

On 4/11/2019 at 1:36 AM, CorkVegan said:

I had a chance to buy presale tickets for Morrissey's Broadway run but I just couldn't do it. Twenty first century Mozz is not the same Mozz that made me swoon in the 80's and 90's. It wouldn't surprise me if he has the Proud Boys running security on this tour. It was Johnny Marr's autobiography that allowed me to listen to The Smiths again. 

You know @CorkVegan, I didn't know what you were referring to when you wrote the highlighted bit above; however, I later saw a story where he was singing his praises of a new nationalist party in England. I threw up a little bit in my mouth when I read it. 🤢

So, I'm still going to the show to see Interpol, but I may only see Interpol. I'm not staying for someone who is acting as a mouthpiece for right-wing nationalism; that philosophy is ruining the world right now (US, UK, Brazil, etc.). I can't believe that someone who, very admirably, stands up for the rights of animals (there's no meat being served at the venue tomorrow; I approve) can't stand up as he once did for the rights of humans. Disappointing...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, illumination70 said:

I worked at a concert on Friday night for a recording artist named "Pit Bull"

Good for you working so much.  Not sure I would have been too fond of the show if it's who I think it is.  

I keep checking Elton John in Milwaukee.  They added a show for next month.  There is nothing available, save for scalped seats. (ornery growl)  I've rarely seen this happen.  I really want to see him one last time.  He's my longest musical influence/love/still out there performing.  I'm hoping they dump discounted seats the day before, or of the show.  The two thousand dollar seats are down to a thousand.  joy of joys   Argh.  Oh well.  I shall wait and hope and plead.

This Friday-The Head and the Heart-The Chicago Theatre.  Bummed it's not GA but we have great seats. (Every GA is practice for finally getting to do GA for U2)   It is the first of four, maybe even five, Head and the Heart shows-all within a week or so.   I finally get to see a full set of the Living Mirage tour.  I dragged out my autographed poster from their Summerfest gig five years ago when I got to meet and chat and did not pay ultimate platinum anything.  I got in for free.  U2-Dawes-The Head and the Heart is my musical triumvirate.  I'm very excited. 

22 hours ago, dmway said:

So, I'm still going to the show to see Interpol, but I may only see Interpol.

...and I did only see Interpol. 😎 But they dazzled as usual.

D4E354B9-FFE2-411C-AAAF-D26518719941.jpeg

• Like 3

On 9/6/2019 at 8:51 AM, CorkVegan said:

Fontaines D.C.

Brooklyn.

Tonight.

3 hours ago, CorkVegan said:

Fontaines D.C.

Bowery Ballroom.

Tonight.

Are you catching their whole Northeastern tour? 😎

6 hours ago, dmway said:

Are you catching their whole Northeastern tour? 😎

Sadly no. Just these two local ones.

This is what the shows have been like. (Not my recording BTW so all credit to the person that filmed and uploaded this).

Added another one to the list today - Editors at Wembley Arena, 28 February! Their second-biggest UK headline show to date (biggest being at Birmingham Arena the night before).

I’m not one to brag.

my next show is U2.

😊

• Brilliant 1

On 9/13/2019 at 1:17 AM, CorkVegan said:

The Waterboys in Red Bank, NJ next Tuesday for me.

One of my favorite towns in NJ. 😎 Count Basie?

15 minutes ago, dmway said:

One of my favorite towns in NJ. 😎 Count Basie?

Yes. My first time there. Almost went to see Simple Minds there this time last year but let it slip by. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CorkVegan said:

Yes. My first time there. Almost went to see Simple Minds there this time last year but let it slip by. 

It's a very nice place!

I saw Jon Anderson solo (Yes' original lead singer) there 2006-ish. That show was a bit unusual, but the venue is lovely!

• Like 1

On 9/13/2019 at 4:19 AM, xrayjets said:

I’m not one to brag.

my next show is U2.

😊

Lol      Twist it, add salt and rub it in.    I'm not looking at your photos any longer.  j/k   😝

The Head and the Heart, in Madison tonight, is my next show.   They were great in Chicago on Friday night but my gosh did we pay driving to and fro.  They added Gone to the set list.  I went nuts after the first bass note introducing it.  I'm hoping Jon does The Glory of Music this evening.

• Upvote 1

Tour designer: "So how big do you want this giant robot to be?" 
Muse: "Yes" 

Incredible show from the boys once again last night. Matt Bellamy said midway through the show that this night and the previous one were being filmed for a future release - which explained why a crane camera was flying back & forth right over my head! The songs from Simulation Theory also translated a lot better live than on record - Break It to Me in particular is growing. Also, Nothing But Thieves were spectacular as a support act and, as I've said here before, are absolutely worth your time if you love music. 

image.png.f1f85d6fcc7ec4b89fe5d8b3465bb03b.png

• Like 1

On 9/13/2019 at 12:17 AM, CorkVegan said:

The Waterboys in Red Bank, NJ next Tuesday for me.

Have fun, CorkVegan.

The Head and the Heart have been covering Crowded House's Don't Dream It's Over.  They said it's one of their favorite songs-played it in Chicago and both nights of Madison.  It sounded surprisingly good-can't be easy to cover such a beautiful original.  

Jon was outside the venue, in front, when we arrived. He was chatting.  Very cool.  Charity mentioned loving Spotted Cow beer.  (a local one here in Wisconsin)   She was sitting on a chair drinking one when we first met her five years ago, at Summerfest, and a friend got me a backstage pass.   He told me that he posted, earlier this year, that they should return to Summerfest for some Spotted Cow- on their Facebook page.  It was a pseudo joke but they responded, saying Charity was very excited about the Summerfest gig. I just found that out earlier tonight.  They also mentioned, during the shows, that most of the new album was inspired by, and written in Wisconsin, which is where I live.  Great two nights.   Now it's Ames, Iowa on Thursday for another show.  Favorite moment-seeing Charity grin when she saw me go nuts before they even began to start to sing Gone.  I see the setup and I just know. Zach, the drummer is awesome.  He beats the heck out of the drums with a morocco during two songs.  He's my favorite drummer since Larry. 

Edited by Manohlive
  • Thanks 1

It was Steve Hackett last Friday. Steve was the guitarist in Genesis from 1971 to 1977 and, for the past 6 years, he has been playing "Genesis Revisited" shows highlighting the music from his time with the band. He has also been mixing in his early classic solo albums too (and recording new albums prolifically as well).

This particular GR tour features "Selling England By The Pound" (my favorite 5-man Genesis album, back when Peter Gabriel was still the lead singer) played in its entirety, most of his own "Spectral Mornings" (my favorite of his solo albums), and a few tracks from his new album. The band he assembled is absolutely top-notch! I was just blown away by the evening of music.

Of course, the show was made special for additional reasons: I drove all the way from the Philly suburbs to see the second show of the tour in Ithaca, NY (one of my very favorite regions of the Northeast US, i.e., the Finger Lakes region of New York State), I had a front-row center seat (thanks to the magic of the venue pre-sale), and, since this show was so special, I even did the pre-show meet-and-greet (the cost was so reasonable I really couldn't not do it - I've always wanted to meet him and talk to him, I got two old albums autographed, and I got a tour program and an autographed promotional photo for the tour). Just a great, great evening! 😎 I'll be seeing him again a week from Saturday in Philly, and I was so moved by this show that I also got a ticket for the Pittsburgh performance on October 1st yesterday! I won't get a combination that I enjoy this much again, so I'm taking advantage of it!

But, back on topic, my next show is tomorrow in Philly...and it's...Adam Ant! 😄 A pure kitsch-value show! I make up for it Saturday when it is King Crimson in Radio City Music Hall for their 50th anniversary tour.

The Head and the Heart were phenomenal in Ames, IA  The sound was great, as were our seats..   They did Winter Song and an acoustic version of Your Mother's Eyes, which was one of the best things I've ever heard..   We saw part of the band outside before the gig.  Jon came out on stage wearing the classic black Rattle and Hum tshirt-sleeves cut off-and he was wearing a green white and orange pocket square, or something of the sort, out of his back right pocket.to represent the Irish flag. VERY cool.