dmway

What concert are you seeing next?

On 9/13/2019 at 12:17 AM, CorkVegan said:

The Waterboys in Red Bank, NJ next Tuesday for me.

How were they?   I just recently discovered The Waterboys. 

• Like 1

The Waterboys are always fun live @Manohlive. I've seen them throughout the years and always had a good night out. 

Next up for me is Billy Bragg in NYC on Friday and Saturday. I also picked up Bob Dylan tickets so I'll be getting to see him in Philadelphia in November. After many years of not getting him I'm a recent convert and am really looking forward to the show.

Fontaines D.C posted this photograph from their Bowery Ballroom gig and I can see myself in the audience having a great time.

70514155_2479698168947613_8089010258460016640_n.jpg

Just picked up a ticket for the Pillow Queens gig in NYC on 18th of October.

On 9/19/2019 at 8:58 PM, dmway said:

It was Steve Hackett last Friday. Steve was the guitarist in Genesis from 1971 to 1977 and, for the past 6 years, he has been playing "Genesis Revisited" shows highlighting the music from his time with the band. He has also been mixing in his early classic solo albums too (and recording new albums prolifically as well).

This particular GR tour features "Selling England By The Pound" (my favorite 5-man Genesis album, back when Peter Gabriel was still the lead singer) played in its entirety, most of his own "Spectral Mornings" (my favorite of his solo albums), and a few tracks from his new album. The band he assembled is absolutely top-notch! I was just blown away by the evening of music.

Of course, the show was made special for additional reasons: I drove all the way from the Philly suburbs to see the second show of the tour in Ithaca, NY (one of my very favorite regions of the Northeast US, i.e., the Finger Lakes region of New York State), I had a front-row center seat (thanks to the magic of the venue pre-sale), and, since this show was so special, I even did the pre-show meet-and-greet (the cost was so reasonable I really couldn't not do it - I've always wanted to meet him and talk to him, I got two old albums autographed, and I got a tour program and an autographed promotional photo for the tour). Just a great, great evening! 😎 I'll be seeing him again a week from Saturday in Philly, and I was so moved by this show that I also got a ticket for the Pittsburgh performance on October 1st yesterday! I won't get a combination that I enjoy this much again, so I'm taking advantage of it!

But, back on topic, my next show is tomorrow in Philly...and it's...Adam Ant! 😄 A pure kitsch-value show! I make up for it Saturday when it is King Crimson in Radio City Music Hall for their 50th anniversary tour.

...and the Adam Ant and King Crimson shows were great, each in their own unique way (the first for fun, kitsch value; the second for the some of the most awesome musical performances I have ever seen sense - I’m still awed by the KC show).

No pictures for different reasons too: none from Adam Ant because I couldn’t manage to get a good shot from where I was sitting; none from King Crimson because they discourage fans from taking shots. The second didn’t really bother me. They didn’t move very much on stage and the light show was minimal. It was a nice throwback to when digital photography didn’t exist.

Now, my next show is the aforementioned Steve Hackett show in Pittsburgh on Tuesday. I’m looking forward to it! Oh yes, I saw Steve last night too! Can you tell I’m a fan of old Genesis? 😆

Last night I saw something I don't think I've ever seen in the flesh before - a band playing a gig without their lead singer. I went to Brighton Electric to see local legends Black Peaks. Unfortunately, for the last 4 months singer Will Gardner's been fighting sepsis, and on the morning of the show it flared up again so he's had to go in for an operation, meaning the band played half the set instrumentally and the other half with the lead singer from the support act, Haggard Cat - who put in a respectable effort, to be fair. Despite all the circumstance, the show was epic, watching three incredible musicians completely absorbed in what they're doing is something I'll never ever get tired of. I got to meet and have a chat with the drummer (Liam) and bassist (Dave) of the band too, and they seem like a lovely group of guys! Wishing Will a swift and full recovery. 

IMG_1234.jpeg

Edited by peterferris8
  • Like 1

The Cult Sonic Temple, followed by the Stereophonics in Cardiff.

simple minds are touring Next spring, alas and sorry Jim.... I shall be snowboarding.....can you arrange a gig in Obergurgl?

4 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

Stereophonics in Cardiff

Are they full fledge touring for KInd's release in October?  I see some dates in the Uk but only two weks or so.    I'm very excited for the new album and hoping they return to Chicago.  Hearing them open with C'est La Vie and go straight into Caught By The Wind was beyond awesome.  

My next concert, hopefully, is the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra doing Chabrier, Ravel and a few others-music of Spain.  Hearing Bolero live is a special treat for me. 

My next rock concert is probably opening night of TJT 2019 in the live thread.  Up Periscope.  (por favor) 

Edited by Manohlive
Ravel not Ravelo

1 hour ago, doctornickriviera said:

No March

I saw the dates.  I'm hoping they do a full tour and cross the Atlantic.  I also saw Cardiff's two dates are sold out.  Many other shows only have singles left for sale.  That must be one massive queue for GA.

Not sure what my next concert will be, unless watching the film version of Metallica’s S&M 2 concert with the San Francisco Orchestra on Wednesday counts as a concert.

It may be The Genesis Show in Vineland, NJ this coming Saturday; otherwise, it will be Unforgettable Fire in Ardmore, PA a week from Saturday (Oct. 19). It'll be good to see them again! 😎

Posted (edited)

Next week I will see two concerts, the first one is D-A-D and next day young talents from London Uriah Heep.

Edited by Ilmajoki

On 10/8/2019 at 10:24 PM, dmway said:

It may be The Genesis Show in Vineland, NJ this coming Saturday; otherwise, it will be Unforgettable Fire in Ardmore, PA a week from Saturday (Oct. 19). It'll be good to see them again! 😎

...and it was good seeing UF again! 😎

I was really close to the stage. I used the wide-angle lens on this shot to get the whole stage. (I’d upload other (i.e., better) ones, but apparently they are too big.)

The show was phenomenal as usual. 😎

1AB3364E-A5E3-4E18-AC04-5E020B120B40.jpeg

Just scored tickets for Foals at the London Olympia in May, with Everything Everything as support! Both fantastic bands, Foals have just released the second of two albums this year under the joint title Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost parts 1 & 2 - both well worth your attention.

• Like 1

My next concert was actually last night....I got to experience my mini me experiencing her favourite band live for the first time. It was priceless. And I really enjoyed the show. They were not the “boy band” I called them when she first started talking about them. They were rocking it. I may now be one the oldest fans of 5 Seconds of Summer. 😳😂😃

D5E59033-CEE4-4688-943C-821E52A7FE9E.jpeg

My next next show is a 30 year bucket list show...more on that later.....

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mich40 said:

My next next show is a 30 year bucket list show...more on that later.....

😁

...and now my next show is tomorrow in Philadelphia! 😎

Peter Hook and The Light are playing the first date of their North American tour at Union Transfer. (For those who don’t already know, Peter is the original bassist/occasional vocalist for Joy Division and New Order.)

He has been playing every Joy Division and New Order album in full and in sequence live over the past few years; tomorrow it is the turn of “Technique” and “Republic”, the last two albums of the original version of New Order. I’m really looking forward to this show: “Technique” has gotten rich (and deserved) accolades ever since it was first released; “Republic”, however, was never embraced by the fan base in the same way, despite its being an excellent album in its own right. It will be a treat to hear these two albums in their entirety. A Joy Division set opens the show, and a mini-greatest hits of New Order closes the show as the encore. A good evening of music is ahead. 👍 

...and the Peter Hook & The Light Joy Division/New Order show was outstanding! 😎

I was also pretty close too - see attached picture for proof. Being the first in line for a GA show has its benefits.

The show was exactly as I described above as far as the setlist is concerned. Just a great evening of music.

I can’t wait to see them again.

231A3A43-E897-4216-95A2-679C46E541A0.jpeg

That is close @dmway! I've only heard good things about his live shows but timing was never right for me to see him.

If you consider kirtan a concert I have two nights with Krishna Das in NYC lined up next week.

After that towards the end of November I'll be seeing Bob Dylan twice. First in Philadelphia and then in NYC. I'm a recent convert and am really looking forward to these shows.

• Like 2

this summer I saw the following bands:

The Alarm

Modern English

Smashing Pumpkins

Kiss

Noel Gahlaher

Morrissey

Cheap Trick

Zebra

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cargobrian said:

this summer I saw the following bands:

The Alarm

Modern English

Smashing Pumpkins

Kiss

Noel Gahlaher

Morrissey

Cheap Trick

Zebra

That’s a lot. I have seen more concerts this year than my whole life up to this point.

In chronological order, I saw:

Blue October  

Flotsam And Jetsam  

Florence & The Machine

Weird Al Yankovic  

Metallica  

The Head And The Heart

Cygnus X-2 (a Rush cover band)

I need to see someone else now.

Not me, but a friend of mine is going to see Dawes in Glasgow this evening.  I've been thinking about her for days.  She's in her twenties.  It's her first trip to Europe.  Have a great time, Lindsey.  

This is their last show of the European tour.   They are the only band that's ever taken me as high as U2.  It's very different but we all hit the stratosphere every single show.  We call ourselves Dawesians.  There are several at tonight's show.  I'm hoping and praying it's on Periscope so I can be a part.  It would be awesome to tell them I saw it when we get the new album/tour in April of next year.

It's not a concert.  A very good friend is arranging for me to get a seat, right up front, for Hamilton.  It's only costing me $69.  I did not think I was going to get to see it.  He's in charge of the show.  I dared not ask.  He's a great friend.  I don't know what day.  It's playing in my city right now.  It'll be soon.  I'm giving up Pete Yorn and O.A.R. to go see it.