Sign in to follow this  
dmway

What concert are you seeing next?

17 hours ago, dmway said:

OUTSTANDING show!

It sounds like it.  That's an amazing setlist.  45 years since The Cinema Show.  Thanks, dmway.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2019 at 6:09 AM, doctornickriviera said:

Killers at Cardiff Castle nextish

That's wonderful wonderful, doc.  😀

4 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

Don’t make a (hot) fuss Dave....

Never.   Wouldn't even think of it.   I am now rethinking about The Killers at Summerfest.  JLo was way too expensive.  I'm looking for one main act to see at Summerfest.  I might look for a good single seat, closer to the show, and see them.   They were awesome live.

Just added Krishna Das at Tarrytown Music Hall for the end of May.

Johnny Marr at the Wellmont Theatre is still next though (1st of May).

2 hours ago, CorkVegan said:

Just added Krishna Das at Tarrytown Music Hall for the end of May.

Johnny Marr at the Wellmont Theatre is still next though (1st of May).

I just checked UF’s website, and they are playing the Wellmont on April 20. If you haven’t already seen them, and you have any interest in seeing them, they’re coming!

Back on topic, my next show may be UF again a week earlier at Penn’s Peak (Apr. 13) - I haven’t decided yet. If not, Nick Mason 5 days later in NYC is my next show. 😎

9 hours ago, dmway said:

I just checked UF’s website, and they are playing the Wellmont on April 20

I was looking online and there are $15 tickets left for UF in the GA pit area. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, CorkVegan said:

I think you should treat yourself. 😎

• Upvote 1

Dawes added a headlining show the day before they are going to be in Milwaukee for Summerfest.  It is June 26 in Ann Arbor, Michigan.  The venue is modeled after the Greek theatre at Epidarus.  It's a performing arts venue.  Guess who's going?   😀😀😀

3 hours ago, CorkVegan said:

2 hours ago, dmway said:

I think you should treat yourself. 😎

Treat yourself and be yourself.  (bad U2 joke-i know-it's three am-i could not resist)

• Haha 1
  • Brilliant 1

"Treat yourself and be yourself."

Great advice. I have just bought two tickets. My spouse nixed the standing option so I got seats instead. Really looking forward to it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CorkVegan said:

Great advice. I have just bought two tickets. My spouse nixed the standing option so I got seats instead. Really looking forward to it.

You won’t regret it - they’re great! (I’m not trying to quote Tony the Tiger, but I guess I just have.)

I’m leaning towards going next weekend myself; I’ll let the weather be the final arbiter.

Have fun! 😎

5 hours ago, dmway said:

You won’t regret it - they’re great! (I’m not trying to quote Tony the Tiger, but I guess I just have.)

I’m leaning towards going next weekend myself; I’ll let the weather be the final arbiter.

Have fun! 😎

Now they better be!  haha

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

I'm sure that @dmway is offering a satisfaction or money back guarantee. 😉

14 hours ago, CorkVegan said:

7 hours ago, dmway said:

Have fun! 😎

2 hours ago, Manohlive said:

1 hour ago, CorkVegan said:

I'm sure that @dmway is offering a satisfaction or money back guarantee. 😉

Not quite a guarantee, but complete faith that the show will be a great one. There is a reason why I have seen them 3 times already since the end of last September and am contemplating seeing them a 4th time next Saturday. I've been seeing them semi-regularly since 2002, and every show has been excellent! B) 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, dmway said:

Not quite a guarantee, but complete faith that the show will be a great one. There is a reason why I have seen them 3 times already since the end of last September and am contemplating seeing them a 4th time next Saturday. I've been seeing them semi-regularly since 2002, and every show has been excellent! B) 

That's good enough recommendation for me. I'm glad that I went for it. There seems to be plenty of dining options nearby. Should be a good night out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I was just teasing, dmway.

Oh, I know - I just wanted to use the opportunity to praise UF again. They deserve it!

They are not supposed to be on sale for another ten hours, but I just scored two tickets to Dawes in Ann Arbor; middle section; right up front and on the aisle.  $55 a piece.  No service charges.  No charge to mail hard tickets.  I'm so fortunate.  

Posted (edited)
On 4/1/2019 at 7:10 PM, Manohlive said:

I am now rethinking about The Killers at Summerfest.

Early this morning, Summerfest announced many of the side stage headlining acts for this year. An act cannot play both Summerfest and Lollapalooza in the same year.  (agreement between the two).  That rule worked in my favor this year.  I'm not going to The Killers. The Head and the Heart are going to be on a side stage the same evening..

Here are my initial choices for the 2019 run of Summerfest:  . 

06/27:  Steve Earle or Elle King.  I lean toward Steve Earle.

06/28  Collective Soul

06/29-Ludacris

07/02-Either Young The Giant or Chaka Khan. I lean toward Chaka because I'll have more opportunities for YTG.  This is my toughest decision this yer.  

07/03-Switchfoot

07/05-The Head and the Heart 

07/07-Jason Mraz

-I just spoke with the box office and Snow Patrol sold out in Chicago.  They are my next show on May 7th. We are getting there at noon to be on the rail.     

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1

On 4/5/2019 at 2:42 PM, dmway said:

my next show may be UF again a week earlier at Penn’s Peak (Apr. 13) - I haven’t decided yet. 

On 4/6/2019 at 3:08 PM, dmway said:

...and the weather is working out, so I am going to see UF again on Saturday! 😎 Hopefully, it will be a full U2 day, if I am able to get a copy of “The Europa EP” earlier in the day. Fingers crossed! 🤞🍀

Also, out of the blue, Morrissey has just announced a tour - and, as an added bonus, Interpol is going to be the opening band! 😮 Well, the prospect of seeing that combination on the same night was too good to pass up. So, I have yet another show in September (the first of five that month - why do acts that I like insist on touring at the same time? I’d much rather have the shows more spread out.)

To further prove that point, between mid-April and mid-June, a mere two months, I am now seeing 11 shows! 😮 I did not plan on seeing that many, esp. in so short a time. Between mid-June and early September, I am seeing zero - why couldn’t the acts I like spread out their appearances? I have a huge burst for two months, then three months completely off, then another burst in September (and one extra show in October). I feared that 2019 might be a bad concert year since U2 wasn’t going to be touring here - it seems like my prediction was wrong. 😆

12 hours ago, dmway said:

Also, out of the blue, Morrissey has just announced a tour - and, as an added bonus, Interpol is going to be the opening band! 😮

I had a chance to buy presale tickets for Morrissey's Broadway run but I just couldn't do it. Twenty first century Mozz is not the same Mozz that made me swoon in the 80's and 90's. It wouldn't surprise me if he has the Proud Boys running security on this tour. It was Johnny Marr's autobiography that allowed me to listen to The Smiths again. 

10 hours ago, CorkVegan said:

I had a chance to buy presale tickets for Morrissey's Broadway run but I just couldn't do it. Twenty first century Mozz is not the same Mozz that made me swoon in the 80's and 90's. It wouldn't surprise me if he has the Proud Boys running security on this tour. It was Johnny Marr's autobiography that allowed me to listen to The Smiths again. 

Oh, I agree about Morrissey today. However, this show for me satisfies a couple of desires: I haven’t seen him perform in about 15 years (and this will very probably be the last time I see him live), and I’m going just as much for Interpol as for him (they are the one new millennium band I actually like). I’m even placing aside my strong dislike of amphitheaters to see this show.

I couldn’t believe the price of the tickets for his Broadway run. That right there kept me from going.

Still, I am looking forward to this show. I wasn’t expecting such a twin-bill to ever happen.

13 hours ago, dmway said:

I couldn’t believe the price of the tickets for his Broadway run. That right there kept me from going.

Agreed, the ticket prices where about double what I expected. I was contemplating a seat at the very back but even that was $99 + fees.