Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dmway

Besides U2, who are your pick-me-up bands?

My pick me up bands- Older but Goodies- Tears For Fears, REM, Peter Gabriel/ 90's and beyond- Sixpence None the Richer, Jars of Clay, Switchfoot, Anberlin, Thrice, Coldplay, Mumford and Sons

On 6/2/2018 at 9:56 PM, JCF said:

Yesterday in the car my little one asked for, instead of Les Mis, "That U2 song where they sing 'You are....walking on. You and I are....walking on.'"  How cute. Why, yes, five-year-old, I'd be happy to play American Soul for you!  

Smart kid, and so cute!

On 8/2/2018 at 7:41 AM, doctornickriviera said:

Nirvana

Kurt Cobain’s daughter Fracis Bean is a pretty kick ass singer. Shes only on Instagram but rumors are flying about her getting in the music biz. Worth checking out.

Edit, read the title of the thread wrong...it happens...Im not here as often..???‍♀️

I have been listening to REM a lot.  Reveal is the album I'm most enjoying.  It's overlooked by many.  I'm also listening to Springsteen a lot; Magic is the big one for him.  I'm also listening to Snow Patrol-Wilderness.  Oddly enough, I've been listening to A Thousand Hours by The Cure and The Rose by Bette Midler and they make me feel good.

I agree with some of the earlier comments.has to be biffy for me to.seeing them live was an amazing experience.

Lately, my pick me ups have been The Killers, The Stereophonics, Pete Yorn and still Bruce Springsteen.  Add some Bee Gees and a bit of Motown. 

Depeche Mode & The Police, for most of the summer. Kind of an 80's mix. CSN&Y is a good fallback for me too. 

There's a bunch of newer stuff on Pandora I like. New to me, maybe not so new. 

Soundgarden

Allice in Chains (their metal sound songs)

Cure

Icehouse