kimber

Red Zone 2018 | RED Zone Experiences (merged)

Posted (edited)

Hi Thomas,

great tips there for getting the most of Red Zone access. Now looking forward to an ‘Even better than the real thing’ ‘Experience’ (groan ?) at Manchester in two weeks. One other question please - what did you have to provide as proof of purchase at the ticket pick up? Thanks.

Edited by IanMc

Generally what time have the first few people to RZ been getting there to line up in Europe?

Generally what time have the first few people to RZ been getting there to line up in Europe?

Can I advise anyone collecting RZ tickets, when you get your lanyard and bands and are handed your envelope, in all the excitement at that point make sure you look inside and check you have tickets under your name.

On Friday we didn't get any tickets in the envelope and we eventually got thrown out!!!  and in 2015 when we collected RZ tickets for the I&E tour, we had someone elses given too us, we went back to the desk to hand them back and collect the correct ones to find the people frantically looking for some other poor guys tickets, so mistakes happen .... just check ?

Edited by spongebob
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, spongebob said:

Can I advise anyone collecting RZ tickets, when you get your lanyard and bands and are handed your envelope, in all the excitement at that point make sure you look inside and check you have tickets under your name.

On Friday we didn't get any tickets in the envelope and we eventually got thrown out!!!  and in 2015 when we collected RZ tickets for the I&E tour, we had someone elses given too us, we went back to the desk to hand them back and collect the correct ones to find the people frantically looking for some other poor guys tickets, so mistakes happen .... just check ?

Not great at the price. 

On 9/25/2018 at 10:47 PM, thomasgoethals said:

TIPS:
- In my personal opinion, and having seen the show twice now, if you really want to fully benefit from the RED ZONE ticket you MUST allow yourself to move around during the concert.
This was my technique:
1) Opening of the concert until the intermission movie from the RED ZONE AREA 
2) During the intermission movie, move in the GA and make your way as fast as you can to the E-stage (I could still stand on the fifth row near the drum kit of Larry) before the band appears there after the intermission
3) Enjoy the band at close range during the songs they play at the E-stage
4) During "Summer of Love" (acoustic version Bono and Edge) move back through the GA towards the RED ZONE (or if too crowdy, check if you can leave the floor and re-enter near the RED ZONE area through dedicated door as in Cologne).
5) At that moment you will not be able (temporary) to enter the RED ZONE as the small temporary stages for Edge and Adam are erected exactly at the entrance points of the RED ZONES.
6) Don't worry about this, try to stand as close as possible to the temporary stage before "Summer of Love" ends and "Pride" starts
7) You will be at 1 meter distance from Adam or Edge during Pride, incredible experience keep your cool
? After Pride the temporary stages are quickly disassembled, after which you can re-enter the RED ZONE again and enjoy the remainder of the concert from inside.

Hope this helps a bit. Enjoy the show and let me know how you experienced it!

Followed your tips tonight at London 2. Spot on! Many thanks for posting those up. 

I'll be in Red Zone for Dublin #4.   Have people been queuing early for Red Zone in Europe?   If so - about what time do people begin to show up?   Thank you!!

I went to London 1 and I got there at 8.30am as I wanted to get the best spot in RZ. Nobody else turned up for another 2.5 hours. By the time the RZ were checking in there was only 30 people there. The RZ organisers let in the first 200 people in the GA line before they let in RZ. You can also go into the GA area if you want to, there will be places on the catwalk, but doubtful you will get barrier at the front or around the e stage as the 200 GA will go for those first.

I met lovely people in the line for RZ and Jennifer the lady that runs the RZ is great.

Bear in mind that the show I went to was on a Tuesday and lots of people are in work. But on a Saturday people will be off and I'm sure there will be more people in the RZ line. If you're there first it's a good idea to keep a list of names in number order so that everyone can get in order after you get your RZ tickets and check in. Jennifer will appreciate the help and she honours the line so that you all get into the venue in the order that you turned up on the day.

I'll be at the show too, but in GA and I'm not doing the whole queue thing. Once per tour is enough for me. I'm just gonna get in the middle of the crowd and have fun :)

33 minutes ago, DBUGGY said:

I went to London 1 and I got there at 8.30am as I wanted to get the best spot in RZ. Nobody else turned up for another 2.5 hours. By the time the RZ were checking in there was only 30 people there. The RZ organisers let in the first 200 people in the GA line before they let in RZ. You can also go into the GA area if you want to, there will be places on the catwalk, but doubtful you will get barrier at the front or around the e stage as the 200 GA will go for those first.

I met lovely people in the line for RZ and Jennifer the lady that runs the RZ is great.

Bear in mind that the show I went to was on a Tuesday and lots of people are in work. But on a Saturday people will be off and I'm sure there will be more people in the RZ line. If you're there first it's a good idea to keep a list of names in number order so that everyone can get in order after you get your RZ tickets and check in. Jennifer will appreciate the help and she honours the line so that you all get into the venue in the order that you turned up on the day.

I'll be at the show too, but in GA and I'm not doing the whole queue thing. Once per tour is enough for me. I'm just gonna get in the middle of the crowd and have fun :)

Wow thats early! What spot did you get for your dedication? Was it front rail next to the GA in the corner? That's where I was going to aim for but didn't get in till about 7 ?

1 hour ago, spongebob said:

Wow thats early! What spot did you get for your dedication? Was it front rail next to the GA in the corner? That's where I was going to aim for but didn't get in till about 7 ?

Yes, Edge’s side. 

95BF8CCE-F3F3-488A-A644-18D721357731.jpeg

• Like 1

Nice! In Manchester we ended up in a similar position, not quite as good,  a few people back but still close enough, The camera thing sometimes blocked a bit of the view though.

IMG_0137.JPG

9 hours ago, spongebob said:

Nice! In Manchester we ended up in a similar position, not quite as good,  a few people back but still close enough, The camera thing sometimes blocked a bit of the view though.

IMG_0137.JPG

Yup. The camera was a little bit annoying. 

In manchester 2 there was loads of room in GA yet the red zone seemed sardine like Bizarre. It felt like GA was way undersold that night , you could move easily all around the floor.

at London 2 GA and RZ was Rammed!

Edited by doctornickriviera

Hi,

Does anyone know if the back barrier of the RZ has those foldable seats from previous tours? Thanks! 

Hi, all you that have done red zone how many days before do they email you? I’m doing Berlin in less than 48 hrs and not received an email. All my  account says is box office collection and a ref so I have no details when/where to pick them up. I’ve emailed TM but not hopeful they will respond in time. Could someone PM me Jennifer’s number or email please do I can give her a shout,

Thanks

john

Edited by jonno77
Spelling