Sign in to follow this  
kimber

Red Zone 2018

What are the Red Zone experiences like on the 2018 tour? Is their a benefit to arriving earlier? Is their a dedicated bar area? I am taking my spouse and kids to their first show. Welcome any and all comments.

Saw the JT 2017 show in Philly and wore my T-shirt from the Unforgettable Fire tour. Some things definitely improve with age!

Based strictly on last night in Montreal .

Red Zone was a bit of a disappointment this time around compared to 2015  : we're not as close to the catwalk from the I to E stages . There is a GA section (about 8-10 rows of people) between the catwalk and RZ .

If you get there really early you might get a spot right in front of the main stage (in front of Adam or Edge , I think that's the closest you could get to the stage in the RZ) but people were already lining up around 16:15 and there is only room for about 6 people at that spot.

Not sure about the bar .

Luc

Red Zone was brutal on this tour for me, and I've been doing RZ since 360.  They jammed in way more people in on this tour, compared to the IE version.  It was longer, skinnier, and further removed from the stage.  The RZ bar service at previous shows on 360, IE and JT ran until last call as it would anywhere else in the arena, and on this tour it shut down before the show even started (like 8:05pm)! 

I can appreciate the contribution that the RZ ticket makes to a worthy cause, but strictly from an enjoyment perspective, the RZ experience for EI completely sucked compared to the 360, IE and JT versions. I enjoyed night 2 closer to the B stage.

Edited by zooropamofo

16 hours ago, zooropamofo said:

Red Zone was brutal on this tour for me, and I've been doing RZ since 360.  They jammed in way more people in on this tour, compared to the IE version.  It was longer, skinnier, and further removed from the stage.  The RZ bar service at previous shows on 360, IE and JT ran until last call as it would anywhere else in the arena, and on this tour it shut down before the show even started (like 8:05pm)! 

I can appreciate the contribution that the RZ ticket makes to a worthy cause, but strictly from an enjoyment perspective, the RZ experience for EI completely sucked compared to the 360, IE and JT versions. I enjoyed night 2 closer to the B stage.

Well this is super dissapointing to hear - I have MSG coming up - Had GA for Unionondale and was 3 off the e state arriving at showtime- If anyone has a positive exp let us know

I have had positive experiences in the past. You're free to roam around the GA also. Food for thought...

I haven't done RED zone this year. The section is getting pushed further off to the side w each tour. GA is better. That said I always enjoyed myself in the past. You don't have to wait in line all day unless you want rail. Even with GA... The red zone crowd is pretty easy-going also. 

My advice, go and enjoy yourself and don't listen to opinions on anything... 

Thanks. Very helpful info. I will report my experience at this Sunday's show in DC. I needed a little bit more control than to have my teenage kids in GA, plus the price point between the 100-level seats and the cost of RZ was worth it to me.

To date, my best seats have been GA for JT in 1987, and 7th row on the catwalk for PopMart, so I will be interested to see how this compares.

I’m trying the red zone for the first time, because I couldn’t get GA for Newark and I’d rather the money go to charity than buy a GA off a scalper. But I’m sure I’m just going to want to join the general GA area. Does anyone know what time the red zone ticket holders are allowed into the arena, compared to the GA line?  Can red zone peeps do the regular GA line?  I know that kind of defeats the purpose. Just trying to make a plan.  

We were in RZ last night for DC night 1.  As others have said, the bar disappears before the show starts, and the RZ section is further off to the side than on prior tours.  This section also felt smaller and more crowded than on prior tours.  So this was not my favorite RZ experience.  But, I still greatly prefer RZ over GA or seats.  You’ll have a great time.

As for admission, RZ always has a separate entrance at the Arena where you check-in, present ID and get your tickets and wristbands.  For DC, you could start checking in at the RZ entrance at 5:45, I think. Doors opened at 6:30 for an 8:00 show time (that didn’t actually start until after 8:30).  You cannot stand in any of the regular lines.  You’ll get an email a few days before that tells you where your RZ entrance is located.

• Like 1

Is Red Zone allowed to go back and forth from the GA area? Is Red Zone allowed in before GA?

1 hour ago, Mikey2650 said:

Is Red Zone allowed to go back and forth from the GA area? Is Red Zone allowed in before GA?

Red Zone can absolutely go back and forth between GA and red zone.   But I'm 99% sure GA is always allowed in first.