2 hours ago, adrnik said:

A rant.

I’m proud of the England Team and all they achieved at the WC.

They did good but lost to the better team on the day.

Fair enough.

BUT I’m fed up of the increasing personal criticism directed at the players on Social Media and on various websites.

Do other countries do this to their teams?

Unfortunately social media "outrage" is everywhere these days. Robbie Kruse copped a tirade online during the Australian games. So much so, that even his family had to suspend their personal accounts.

Im also fed up by the negativity on social media...

39 minutes ago, xrayjets said:

I'm also fed up by the negativity on social media...

HUGE one up to that.   It's everywhere.

If anyone in America reads this-can you tell me when the games are on TV?  I know it's Fox.  I can't find anything else.  I do not have cable but have been watching them on Fox.  It's confusing trying to see when they are aired tomorrow.

3 hours ago, adrnik said:

A rant

BUT I’m fed up of the increasing personal criticism directed at the players on Social Media and on various websites.

Do other countries do this to their teams?

I’m only familiar with the Icelandic and Swedish teams and I haven’t noticed any negatives.......the players are all heroes and everyone loves them ❤️

34 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

HUGE one up to that.   It's everywhere.

If anyone in America reads this-can you tell me when the games are on TV?  I know it's Fox.  I can't find anything else.  I do not have cable but have been watching them on Fox.  It's confusing trying to see when they are aired tomorrow.

Saturday 15.00 GMT

Sunday 16.00 GMT

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, pollyanna said:

Saturday 15.00 GMT

Sunday 16.00 GMT

1am my time 😴 😑

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, pollyanna said:

I’m only familiar with the Icelandic and Swedish teams and I haven’t noticed any negatives.......the players are all heroes and everyone loves them ❤️

Thats exactly how it should be.

(don't anyone mention Andrés Escobar...) 

Posted (edited)

Any wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 are gonna win it but we’re not even in it! More Goldie Lookin Chain brilliance!

Edited by doctornickriviera

Congratulations Belgium. And Malahide :)

But England have still done the best I can remember them doing in a World Cup. We have room for improvement, but lots to be proud of and positive about. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Brilliant 1

1 hour ago, padawanbeck84 said:

Congratulations Belgium. And Malahide :)

But England have still done the best I can remember them doing in a World Cup. We have room for improvement, but lots to be proud of and positive about. 

Yes, congratulations to Belgium! Without the super-heroics of Lloris in the semi-final, IMHO, Belgium would have won the WC this year.

I also have to agree with our site Padawan - England is in a great position going forward. If I am remembering correctly, England is the current U-20 and U-17 champions right now too. So, combine that with the fact that this is the best finish from England in 28 years, and this particular team is quite young itself, I'd be placing a lot of money on the Three Lions in Euro 2020 (and 2024) and the next WC in 2022 in Qatar (unfortunately - proof positive that FIFA under Sepp Blatter was nothing more than a bribery syndicate :rolleyes:).

• Like 1

I still live in hope they might come to their senses and realise that holding the World Cup in Qatar is a silly idea - it's too hot in summer and now they're trying to rearrange the entire football calendar to squish it into winter... :rolleyes:

They could easily pick another country to host it - there are plenty with suitable stadiums and facilities. And that's before we mention the many poor construction workers who have already been killed working on the stadiums in Qatar :( It will be a tournament built on blood and slavery. As you said @dmway FIFA was utterly corrupt during Blatter's era, but no-one is brave enough to reverse the ridiculous decisions that were made.

• Like 2

P.S. Good luck to France tomorrow! 

I hope you win because you have certainly been the best team since the start of the tournament.

• Brilliant 1

1 minute ago, padawanbeck84 said:

I still live in hope they might come to their senses and realise that holding the World Cup in Qatar is a silly idea - it's too hot in summer and now they're trying to rearrange the entire football calendar to squish it into winter... :rolleyes:

They could easily pick another country to host it - there are plenty with suitable stadiums and facilities. And that's before we mention the many poor construction workers who have already been killed working on the stadiums in Qatar :( It will be a tournament built on blood and slavery. As you said @dmway FIFA was utterly corrupt during Blatter's era, but no-one is brave enough to reverse the ridiculous decisions that were made.

Agreed. England should have hosted the WC this year and the USA should have had it in 2022. Since we now have it (along with Canada and Mexico - a great idea, IMHO) in 2026, you certainly should have it for 2030 - it would be beyond farcical were it to be otherwise.

And, yes, the vast human toll just for the construction of stadia that will be used for just a few weeks is almost too tragic for words. I hope Blatter never has a comfortable night's sleep again...

22 hours ago, xrayjets said:

Unfortunately social media "outrage" is everywhere these days. Robbie Kruse copped a tirade online during the Australian games. So much so, that even his family had to suspend their personal accounts.

I'm over the moon with finishing 4th..Well Done our Boys...

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 7/13/2018 at 1:08 PM, xrayjets said:

I randomly made the mistake of reading sports related comments a couple times. Its reeeeellly bad with sports. I thought fandoms could be bad, sports can be downright nasty. It does seem really bad in recent years. All these people being horrible to each other & those who run social media, Facebook, Twitter, do nothing about it, so it continues.

count me in as fed up...& fed up horrible people are allowed to be horrible without consequence no matter who it hurts all because people who have the power to step in & stop it, or encourage better interaction, dont do anything & people could make an effort to less jerks but hey... 

Edited by Shannon387

12 hours ago, inter1 said:

You should be proud, its a great result !

12 hours ago, inter1 said:

Agree exceeded expectations. 

However we need to get the EPL teams to support the national side and develop players for the national team. 

And our players need to think ‘do I want to sit on the bench earning £200 k a week at City, Man U or Chelsea, or do I want to play week in week out somewhere slightly less glamorous and become the best I can be?’

it’s no good for England to have Rashford/Stones/Barkley etc warming the Bench they need to be playing.

also great to see a British coach do so well. 

• Like 1

And then there were two. 

Days like today are what football is all about. 

One team will win & an entire country will be in raptures of joy.

But, on the other hand for some there will be utter devastation.

No matter what happens, it's been a heck of a ride !

I'd like to se France win. They've played really good football so far, scored some great goals and have exciting players like Pogba, Mbappe etc. 

They're also our neighbours :)

Equally, if Croatia win, it would be a huge achievement given how young their country is as an independent nation - and the conflict they had to go through.

They're such an established, familiar football team that it's easy to forget the country is younger than I am :lol:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

I'd like to se France win. They've played really good football so far, scored some great goals and have exciting players like Pogba, Mbappe etc. 

They're also our neighbours :)

Equally, if Croatia win, it would be a huge achievement given how young their country is as an independent nation - and the conflict they had to go through.

They're such an established, familiar football team that it's easy to forget the country is younger than I am :lol:

Allez les Bleus Allez

• Upvote 1