Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xrayjets

The World Cup Thread

Well done France. At least the bad weather waited until the game was finished :)

But what was with the pitch invaders??? We've had no crowd trouble all tournament and then some idiots disrupt the final! :o

Yes, well done France and it was a good game too.

Thanks also to the OP for starting the thread - it was a lot of fun.

Congratulations France !  Croatia played well though...hard luck... great Loris error ! 

15 minutes ago, inter1 said:

Congratulations France !  Croatia played well though...hard luck... great Loris error ! 

I predicted. Hugo error above. Fortunately the were 4-1 up and Hugo had already played brilliantly in the Semis.

class act Hugo. Keeps his mouth shut too.

Congratulations France - World Cup winners !!

Croatia, hold your head high, a fantastic tournament !

A big than you to everyone who came to visit this thread. Whether you posted, lurked or just had a peek occasionally.Football has a way of bringing people together.

I'm sure we'll meet again in four years for Qatar 2022. It will be here before you know it..

Congrats to France.  Respect to Marcon for standing in the pouring rain, in a suit, and getting soaked while he congratulated the team.  Congrats to Belgium and England.  Crotia seemed to play very well.  I'm still learning.  I loved this thread.  Thanks, xrayjets, for starting it.  Thanks to everyone for answering questions.  Four years?  America defends its women's World Cup next year, correct?  I need it so please leave me some crumbs...

If was funny how umbrellas were eventually brought for Marcon and others. (after they were soaked and Putin remained dry.)  They were a third the size of Putin's umbrella. So ridiculously pompous.  It made me laugh.  I love that Marcon and his wife got soaked and were so gracious in greeting the players.  Love how they laughed it off as nothing.  This whole thing has been a very unexpected pleasure.  ☺️

We woooooooon !!!!

Still can't believe it!!!

Merci les Bleus :)