lukylsp

U2 Apollo Theater - meet up / live thread

Starting this thread here outside of the show thread - post away if anyone wants to get together on Sunday or Monday (assuming people will be busy with different arrangements for the Saturday night show in Uniondale) regardless of attending the show or not.

Spots mentioned so far in the other thread:

Angel Of Harlem bar http://www.angelofharlemnyc.com/

Harlem Tavern http://harlemtavern.com/

• Like 3

I heard Angel of Harlem Cafe before show 4p meet up and after show Rattle and Hum west in Times Square...

• Like 1

Take the courtesy bus after to Port Authority stop and it’s a short walk from there 😜🍻

1 hour ago, cmripa said:

I heard Angel of Harlem Cafe before show 4p meet up and after show Rattle and Hum west in Times Square...

Great!  I’m coming straight from work so pre-show might not happen but post show would be amazing. Don’t think I’ll be able to sleep anyway!

Also believe that Mods are going to turn this into a live thread of sorts if I remember right so I’m gonna just leave this right here: 

Assuming a 20-ish song setlist - it’s being broadcast so hoping it’s not super short. My for-fun-only prediction (AKA don’t nitpick my list please). Anyone else want to draw one up?  

U2 Apollo Setlist

Lights Of Home
Where the streets have no name
Cedarwood Road
Bullet the blue sky
Desire
Vertigo
Discotheque 
The Blackout
Gloria
2 Hearts Beat As One
Red Flag Day
11 O Clock Tick Tock
American Soul
Window In The Skies
Bad
Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses 
Love Is Bigger Than Anything In It’s Way
One
Stuck In A Moment 

When love comes to town
Angel of Harlem 
All I want is you

Posted (edited)
  •  

U2 Apollo Setlist

Lights Of Home
I Will Follow
Gloria
2 Hearts Beat As One

People Get Ready
Pride
American Soul
Love Is Bigger Than Anything In It’s Way
One
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For 

When Love Comes to Town
Angel of Harlem 
All I Want Is You

Edited by angelofharlem4u2
  • Like 1

Anyone going is planning to broadcast with periscope or mix?

1 hour ago, beppecuoco said:

Anyone going is planning to broadcast with periscope or mix?

I might Mixlr if my battery isn’t too low. I’ll update with a link of so. 

• Like 1

When is Sirius airing the show? I don't think they're going to air it live. The press release said "after the show."

On 6/9/2018 at 9:30 PM, cmripa said:

Is AOH opening for us? Looks like it’s closed M and T when I looked on yelp, but maybe that is old info?

2 hours ago, lukylsp said:

I might Mixlr if my battery isn’t too low. I’ll update with a link of so. 

Luky Italy is gonna love u! :wub:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, burgundy said:

When is Sirius airing the show? I don't think they're going to air it live. The press release said "after the show."

On the Sirius XM blog it says the show will air on Wednesday, June 13 at 5pm ET. On the U2 channel.  I wonder why they’re not doing it live?

Anyone know how XM is assigning seats for people with an invitation?   Are seats pre-assigned or is it GA/first come first served

Email says not to show up before 6:30, Is anyone intending to go up before then?

Congrats to everyone who won tickets.  I hope you all have a great time this evening.  

I hate to say it, but I’m afraid a lot of people are going to get ripped off today. Remember: if it seems too good to be true, it probably is. Don’t pay online, only in person as you walk in together. It’s very, very, very unlikely anyone will have an extra. Maybe they’ll have a few no-shows, but probably not many. 

I do hope they release this as the fan club gift next year. 

9 minutes ago, DeirdreBell said:

It's not even the right company.  Sirius Satellite Radio doesn't exist anymore.  It's Sirius XM.   You should report this jerk to the police.

Thanks I have stepped back because of the suggestions by the people like you. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DeirdreBell said:

Don't buy this!  It's fake.  I won tix from Sirius and they give you absolutely nothing that looks like this.  Winners need to show up with their ID at the theater.  That's the only way in.  This is a scam.  Sorry!

Thanks to you guys I wasn’t ripped off. 

1 hour ago, lukylsp said:

We’re here and first in line. I am lead to believe that “we will be very happy” so take that for what’s its worth. 

Buying this would make me nervous - there are no hard tux in advance. Unless you’re her/his guest and he walks in with you. 

Thanks!

don;t buy tickets from anyone for this event they are fake. No tickets are for resale, please don't post details in the thread about ticket sales either. thanks

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

39 minutes ago, BonoIsMyMuse said:

Don’t pay online, only in person as you walk in together.

Don't pay anyone... these tickets are not for resale, in any shape, way or form...

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

I have no idea if this is true but someone from Sirius told us that the seats have been removed and the floor is GA for tonight. It seems unlikely as they were bolted down theater seats but would explain why it seemed like a ton of tickets weren’t given away as that would lower total capacity. Again: I haven’t gone in yet so take that with a very big grain of salt.