1 hour ago, modelgoth said:

I'm at 33rd and 8th and nobody is here. No fans, no leader. Help???

I bet someone who is in the group running the line will be there soon - are the signs for GA entry there?

Side note: at 10 am, there was a lower bowl ticket dump (no GA yet (and if one occurs, it may not be available on-line), but one Red Zone still has tickets available without having to go to a reseller). I was able to pick up a ticket in the lower bowl out by the e-stage just a couple of minutes ago for $177 (plus the usual ridiculous TM fees) - I'm even on the aisle. B)

So, 2 of 3 MSG shows are a go! :Mirrorball:

• Like 2

I was in GA last night and I was completely and utterly shocked by something that someone said to me during the concert.  Someone tried to push me out of my spot during Staring At The Sun, and actually said "I know this song means more to me than it does to you."

Like, really?  How would you know that?

I also had someone standing next to me who complained the entire show, loudly.  Every time Bono would speak, she would yell that it was word-for-word the same as the thing he said the night before, and was apparently trying to convince everyone around her that this was a terrible show that they should not enjoy.  I get being disappointed that it doesn't change as much as previous tours, but she was trying to make everyone around her as miserable as she seemed to be.  Just bizarre.

Between the difficulty in obtaining tickets from the fan club, the rising cost of admission, and the hassle of people like that on the GA floor, I'm starting to question why I do this.

I just don't get the mindsets here.  If you don't like the show, don't keep going.  If you want to be close to the band on the GA floor, get there early, don't try to shove people who got there before you.  These things used to be common sense!

I hope that no one attending tonight has to deal with anything like that! :)

1 minute ago, vertigojds said:

I was in GA last night and I was completely and utterly shocked by something that someone said to me during the concert.  Someone tried to push me out of my spot during Staring At The Sun, and actually said "I know this song means more to me than it does to you."

Like, really?  How would you know that?

I also had someone standing next to me who complained the entire show, loudly.  Every time Bono would speak, she would yell that it was word-for-word the same as the thing he said the night before, and was apparently trying to convince everyone around her that this was a terrible show that they should not enjoy.  I get being disappointed that it doesn't change as much as previous tours, but she was trying to make everyone around her as miserable as she seemed to be.  Just bizarre.

Between the difficulty in obtaining tickets from the fan club, the rising cost of admission, and the hassle of people like that on the GA floor, I'm starting to question why I do this.

I just don't get the mindsets here.  If you don't like the show, don't keep going.  If you want to be close to the band on the GA floor, get there early, don't try to shove people who got there before you.  These things used to be common sense!

I hope that no one attending tonight has to deal with anything like that! :)

The first bit made me think, "Welcome to New York..." :lol:

But, yes, most/all of the behavior you just described is just wrong. I'm with you - I don't know why anyone would continue to go to shows (esp. in GA) if they felt like that. That must have been disappointing.

I hope you are seeing Sunday's show (despite the predictions of incredibly hot temperatures...)

I'm going tonight and Sunday in seats which I'm hoping might be better - at least there won't be any doubt over where my spot is! 

I have a GA ticket for the Newark show, but honestly, after last night's experience I'm seriously considering selling it (if I do, it'll be face value of course!)

5 minutes ago, vertigojds said:

I'm going tonight and Sunday in seats which I'm hoping might be better - at least there won't be any doubt over where my spot is! 

I have a GA ticket for the Newark show, but honestly, after last night's experience I'm seriously considering selling it (if I do, it'll be face value of course!)

Aw, go. I'm in a seat tonight, GA for Newark and MSG 3. I promise Newark will be better - they're less jaded in Jersey. :D

OK - I'm off of to the show. Perhaps I'll see you there!

• Like 1

Have a great time!  I'm headed out shortly as well.  I have a lower level ticket behind/to the side of the main stage - it should be at just enough of an angle to get a glimpse of the screen, as well as a great view of the band when they're playing in the main stage area.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dmway said:

Side note: at 10 am, there was a lower bowl ticket dump (no GA yet (and if one occurs, it may not be available on-line), but one Red Zone still has tickets available without having to go to a reseller). I was able to pick up a ticket in the lower bowl out by the e-stage just a couple of minutes ago for $177 (plus the usual ridiculous TM fees) - I'm even on the aisle. B)

So, 2 of 3 MSG shows are a go! :Mirrorball:

So I should really keep my eyes open for Sunday? I was at the Nassau Coliseum show with my family and had a fantastic evening. My husband is taking our daughter to camp this weekend and I was thinking about going to the show at MSG by myself on Sunday night. Hmm.

The Sunday night show isn't technically sold out - at this point, you can go to Ticketmaster and get face value tickets starting at the $112 price range - a little pricey but readily available if the goal is just getting in the door, just FYI.

3 hours ago, vertigojds said:

It is common sense.  Sadly, a select few amount of concert goers increasingly lack it.  It's why I hate(d) cell phones at shows until I realized how awesome they are in these live threads.   "This song means more to me than you?"  Wow.  Then go outside, look up and wait until dawn, doofus!  

• Brilliant 1

2 hours ago, bgans said:

So I should really keep my eyes open for Sunday? I was at the Nassau Coliseum show with my family and had a fantastic evening. My husband is taking our daughter to camp this weekend and I was thinking about going to the show at MSG by myself on Sunday night. Hmm.

I went and saw SOI and SOE, for one night, by myself. The others I went with people.  I'm very happy I went alone.  It gives a different perspective, which I loved. I was able to watch the show with a more introspective viewpoint.  I highly recommend going alone if you are able to do so.  It's U2.....Go!  (imho)   

3 hours ago, vertigojds said:

Remember how freaked out we all were for the presale and then how fired up it got over the GA lineup?  Now it's all good.  Don't let someone else cause you to skip a U2 show.  You gotta do what you gotta do.  She probably had a bad day or whatever and was taking it out on everyone else.  There's always a few.  Don't let it ruin being able to see them again.  I'm so bummed I won't see this show again.  I relived the whole thing last night listening and being in this thread.  I'm sitting here with goosebumps waiting for tonight.  Don't let her ruin it for you.  You got a GA ticket.  Go!

Hi! I’m here. 😎

I’ll attach a view of my seat if conditions will let me.

And it didn’t 😄

I guess you’ll have to take my word for it.

56 minutes ago, tan_lejos_tan_cerca said:

I will be with you after a nap... I hope you have a great great time tonight!! Enjoy!!:MacphistoSignal:

Same here.....we are the night owls 😋

4 hours ago, vertigojds said:

Have a great time!  I'm headed out shortly as well.  I have a lower level ticket behind/to the side of the main stage - it should be at just enough of an angle to get a glimpse of the screen, as well as a great view of the band when they're playing in the main stage area.

You as well. I’m in the lower bowl by the e-stage. I’ll be able to critique Larry’s always superlative drumming tonight. 🥁 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bgans said:

1 hour ago, Manohlive said:

I went and saw SOI and SOE, for one night, by myself. The others I went with people.  I'm very happy I went alone.  It gives a different perspective, which I loved. I was able to watch the show with a more introspective viewpoint.  I highly recommend going alone if you are able to do so.  It's U2.....Go!  (imho)   

I concur. Go. 😎

⬆️   Like  (pic above)    out of reactions already.

@bigwave Please fix the limit on reactions for live threads...pretty please...

Initial soundchecks beginning. 😁