Sign in to follow this  
Max Tsukino

New York Live Thread #U2eiTour

Hard to believe Tuesday is the last night of the US leg......

Good night everyone. Take care and see you Tuesday. 

• Like 1

U2 eXPERIENCE + INNOCENCE TOUR 2018

July 1, 2018   New York, NY   Madison Square Garden

#U2eiTour #LiveThreads #New York #U2 #womenoftheworldtakeover

1. Love Is All We Have Left
  2. The Blackout
  3. Lights of Home
  4. I Will Follow
  5. All Because of You
  6. Beautiful Day
  7. The Ocean
  8. Iris (Hold Me Close)
  9. Cedarwood Road
  10. Sunday Bloody Sunday
  11. Until The End Of the World

12. iNTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me

13. Elevation (Influx Mix)
  14. Vertigo / Rebel Rebel (snippet)
  15. Desire
  16. Acrobat
  17. You're The Best Thing About Me
  18. Staring at The Sun
  19. Pride (In the Name of Love)
  20. Get Out Of Own Way
  21. American Soul
  22. City of Blinding Lights

23. iNTERMISSION: #womenoftheworldtakeover

24. One / Invisible (snippet)
  25. Love is Bigger Than Anything in its Way
  26. 13 (There is a Light)

Sources: mixlr.com/sil-rigote--2/ | mixlr.com/no_end_2_love/ | mixlr.com/joe_ahorro/ | mixlr.com/sil-rigote--2/ | mixlr.com/u2uvbr/ | mixlr.com/beautifulday36/ | Several Periscope Streams | http://u2gigs.com

• Like 1

Thank you....great show........don't think I missed that much. Now, back to sleep and up again in two hours.......the things we do for U2 ❤️❤️❤️

OK - I am far too awake from tonight to go to sleep (insert appropriate line from "Bad" here)...

Those of you who were able to listen to the show know it was (to borrow a term I learned in the UK) a blinder. The thing is, it was the second blinder in a row: Newark was phenomenal; tonight's show was just microscopically better. I haven't seen every show on this tour, BUT, based on the five I did see (including tonight) and the prevailing theme about tonight's show from the conversations of those who saw earlier ones, I would have to at least nominate this one for "best of the tour". When the only hiccup of the night is Bono temporarily flubbing the lyrics of "One", that means you just saw a great show - further, 1) it was cute, and 2) he got to apologize directly to Michael Stipe(!) for it! There are certain nights where you can say "only in New York City" and it's just a fact - this was one of those night. (Yes, you can say similar things about other cities (e.g., LA, Chicago, among others), but the celebs there tonight were more "pure NYC" than anything else - not because they are necessarily from/near there, but because they would naturally be there.)

There is so much to say about this show, and I am so amped right now at 2:30 in the morning, I may just write it. I'll need to do it in parts because I have to think about exactly how I want to put things, but also because I want to skip to the photos right now. I'll get right to that in a second...brb...

• Like 4

My view was as good as Friday's - GA was very kind to me this tour.

IMG_0501.JPG

• Like 1

Adam and Larry being their awesome selves...

IMG_0506.JPG

• Like 1

Bono and Adam share another moment a few moments later...

IMG_0521.JPG

The Edge making the lights turn red with his playing...

IMG_0524.JPG

The band during "13" while Bono is on the e-stage.

IMG_0526.JPG

OK - I have several shots of Bono during "American Soul" and they are good ones. One in particular is a "money shot" - I'm going to save that one for last (of that sequence anyway), and I'm going to go on record to say that the site (meaning those who run/administrate the site) may use the photo as they wish (if they wish, that is.)

Here's the first one:

IMG_0517.JPG

Edited by dmway

Ok - I promise that I didn’t ask Bono to pose for this shot, and further promise that this was taken on an iPhone (and not a recent one).

Bono wishes all of MSG and America a Happy 4th of July, so to speak, during “American Soul”:

FDED74CF-9298-464F-AE03-C77078402BB0.jpeg

Edited by dmway
  • Like 6

I have one more picture at the end that I'll have to have Mich add for me. That will appear after this post.

A few more words for now: I have to thank @JCF from the site for initiating me into the bizarrely-wonderful madness that is the hardcore GA line ritual. She helped me navigate something that I wouldn't have ever dreamed to do on my own. Doing so made both shows we saw together more enjoyable, not only for the physical proximity to the stage/band, but also for her intensity of fandom during the shows - I know there are quite a few here, but she is definitely one of the biggest Adam fans I have ever met, and she proved it beyond all doubt both nights! :D She was well-rewarded with many looks from the esteemed Mr. Clayton. (And further thanks to those who ran the line and to the MSG staff who were absolutely fantastic with us, even bringing us inside early and giving us small bottles of water while waiting for the GA area to officially open. Both groups deserve medals.)

I also met a fellow fan here going back to my hotel on the train with whom I had never crossed paths here - we talked about the show and the band the entire trip to my stop (hers was further) - both of us were so impressed by tonight's show (and the show in Newark) so much that we were buzzing from it. Neither one of us felt like we would be able to sleep easily due to the lingering excitement from it. I guess I am proving that here by writing about this show now at almost 3:30 am.

I'm checking out tomorrow, and I'm not even going to shower before I leave. I am absolutely elated right now - so elated that I want to hold on to anything from this show, even temporarily. Now, I'm not gross - I'll shower as soon as I get home; however, right now, I want every bit of perspiration that I earned in that GA line today (and there were plentiful amounts on a day where the heat index was well over 100) and during the show (less plentiful, but much more pleasantly produced). I regard it as a badge of honor (for now - I really will shower when I get home). ;)

It's 37 (well, was; now it's 38) years after they released "Boy" and they are still making music that is interesting and sounds great live - those who want U2 to be a legacy act already may not agree, but this show completely works. I've seen it five times already and I still want to see it. If a GA ticket materialized out of nowhere for Mohegan Sun, I'd be off like a shot! After they finish playing on Tuesday, I'll be feeling the pain of withdrawal. I love this show and tour. I hope they set a new record in how quickly they can release a DVD/BluRay of this tour - I loved (and will miss) the visuals in addition to the music. U2, come back as soon as you can - but you have earned a break too (we're not too greedy...well, I like to think we're not...;))

More later...

Edited by dmway
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, dmway said:

OK - I am far too awake from tonight to go to sleep (insert appropriate line from "Bad" here)...

Those of you who were able to listen to the show know it was (to borrow a term I learned in the UK) a blinder. The thing is, it was the second blinder in a row: Newark was phenomenal; tonight's show was just microscopically better. I haven't seen every show on this tour, BUT, based on the five I did see (including tonight) and the prevailing theme about tonight's show from the conversations of those who saw earlier ones, I would have to at least nominate this one for "best of the tour". When the only hiccup of the night is Bono temporarily flubbing the lyrics of "One", that means you just saw a great show - further, 1) it was cute, and 2) he got to apologize directly to Michael Stipe(!) for it! There are certain nights where you can say "only in New York City" and it's just a fact - this was one of those night. (Yes, you can say similar things about other cities (e.g., LA, Chicago, among others), but the celebs there tonight were more "pure NYC" than anything else - not because they are necessarily from/near there, but because they would naturally be there.)

There is so much to say about this show, and I am so amped right now at 2:30 in the morning, I may just write it. I'll need to do it in parts because I have to think about exactly how I want to put things, but also because I want to skip to the photos right now. I'll get right to that in a second...brb...

I totally agree that last nights show was a barn burner from the very first note. The band and the crowd really fused their energy and fed off each other.  I was at MSG1 (nearly same spot on floor) and the energy last night was exponentially greater. Amazing. And it was their 30th MSG show!  (Maybe they’ll finally get a plaque on the floor along with the Stones, Springsteen, Billy Joel and The Who?). 

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

2 hours ago, mich40 said:

Last night by @dmway

38FFA1E5-2E09-4C63-8FBC-0250EABA5592.jpeg

Thank you @mich40!

I took this shot because, obviously, it was at the end of the show. I knew I would not be seeing (barring a miracle) this show and stage-setup again. The barricage, e-stage, and main stage are finally at rest, and they are also having their final moments in MSG, before they, to quote Bono from ZooTV, “join the other satellites” ?.

I loved this stage and wanted one shot of it overall at rest, as if it were tired and satisfied in a job well done. (“Mission accomplished” are words usually applied jokingly to things since they were used once to describe a particular unfinished armed conflict; however, here, they could be used without a person’s being facetious. Mission accomplished.)

Thank you, U2 and the whole U2 crew, before and during the tour - e&i was and is a rousing success.

Edited by dmway
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

What a night! I am so glad I listened to the advice given here! I picked up a last minute single behind the stage and had a magnificent time. When I went three weeks ago, I was with my family. It was a night to share with loved ones and to reflect on my relationship with my teenager, through the lens of U2s music. Last night was a night to relish in the music itself. 

Summer in the City of Blinding Lights.

IMG_4550.jpg

Edited by bgans
  • Like 1

Thank You to U2, adding a second  night to MSG back in Nov. when the fan club early release ticket issues had occurred with the first ticket sales. I struck gold with 2 GA's on MSG2 " All Because of our awesome Zootopia/U2.com moderators" for being persistent with our situation. I surprised my sister with a GA ticket as a Christmas present  and the new U2 CD. Well on Tuesday 6/26/18  U2NYC2  we went from innocence to  experience  for the first time because it was our first show together as sisters, both of us got on the rail for the first time( it was her first GA ever)  and stood at  main stage ADAm/Bono crease of stage. We were in the top 20 for early GA entry. It was a dream come true meeting Adam outside of MSG. Nothing stopped it from being the best day ever. Sisters on the Rail with Bono,Adam, Edge and Larry right in front of us. My sister took some of the greatest pictures & video while I sang, screamed, jumped and cried my eyes out with tears of joy. She was so impressed with the U2 fans,family, line leaders and crew. I told her how awesome everyone is and our community did not disappoint. Love this Band, this experience and Thank You to U2 for the most theatrical rock concert. All Heart and Soul. My elbow is still bruised from the rail, my calf is cramped from jumping and my voice is hoarse from dreaming out loud. Hearing Landlady spoken as a poem was the highlight knowing Ali was in the house. Love is Bigger...... 

IMG_7844.jpg

• Brilliant 1