Thanks to everyone who joined us tonight.  Head back over to the Madison Square Garden thread for Sunday night. Take care and good night!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

screams and claps!!!

I feel high yet sedated.  Thanks, everyone.  Have a great weekend. See ya Sunday at MSG.

Special thanks to Mich40, U2LAWoman and Max.  ☺️

• Like 1

U2 eXPERIENCE + INNOCENCE TOUR 2018

June 29, 2018    Newark, NJ    Prudential Center

#U2eiTour #LiveThreads #Newark #U2 #womenoftheworldtakeover

1. Love Is All We Have Left
  2. The Blackout
  3. Lights of Home
  4. I Will Follow
  5. All Because of You
  6. Beautiful Day
  7. The Ocean
  8. Iris (Hold Me Close)
  9. Cedarwood Road
  10. Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
  11. Until The End Of the World

12. iNTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me

13. Elevation (Influx Mix)
  14. Vertigo / Rebel Rebel
  15. Desire
  16. Acrobat
  17. You're The Best Thing About Me
  18. Staring at The Sun
  19. Pride (In the Name of Love)
  20. Get Out Of Own Way
  21. American Soul
  22. City of Blinding Lights

23. iNTERMISSION: #womenoftheworldtakeover

24. One / Invisible (snippet)
  25. Love is Bigger Than Anything in its Way
  26. 13 (There is a Light)

Sources: mixlr.com/no_end_2_love/ | mixlr.com/sil-rigote--2/ | mixlr.com/indigochickadee/ | mixlr.com/beautifulday36/ | mixlr.com/joe_ahorro/ | Several Periscope Streams | http://u2gigs.com

• Thanks 1

Wow. So much energy in the room from the start. Both band and audience.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

I would buy these in a heartbeat - make it so, U2.com shop! B)

It's almost 4 in the morning. I'm so tired that I can't quite fall asleep yet.

It was a great show, as many of you heard. The crowd was great, 3D cameras (and cameras of all variety) all over (side question - when they recorded in DC were there 3D cameras too or just conventional ones? I know that the Apollo Theater show was recorded in 3D as well.), unexpected main stage rail among many other things - too much to relate now.

I'll have to make my reviews of the entire week after Sunday - I have to be back to check in at MSG for GA numbering in about 4-5 hours. Yes, there's one more show...

The company before, during, and after the show also helped to make this show one of the very best shows of any variety I have ever seen, not just U2 shows (then again, my best overall shows are almost entirely U2 shows) - of course, the band themselves made the show exceptional; this one had a bit extra that I'll attempt to describe when I have been properly rested (not for a couple of more days yet).

Attempts to find sleep must be made now - more later...

almost made it... flight delay meant i just missed out... sounds like it was a great night, who else was there (look forward to your review @dmway - looks like they re starting to pick up zootopian reviews as part of the u2.com show reports - nice :)

https://www.u2.com/tour/date/id/45561500 (scroll to bottom of main report)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigwave said:

almost made it... flight delay meant i just missed out... sounds like it was a great night, who else was there (look forward to your review @dmway - looks like they re starting to pick up zootopian reviews as part of the u2.com show reports - nice :)

😮

Well, knock me over with a feather!

Thanks for pointing that out @bigwave - I always take my time in writing them, and, if I weren’t so 🤬 tired, I would already have had last night’s written. Come to think of it, I haven’t had time to write what I wanted to completely about this past Tuesday, and they still took a selection. I am flattered. (Maybe because it was brief, it fit in well with the other reviews from social media. 😄)

I’m very sorry you missed the show. However, I’m well aware of the frustration of flight delays from personal experience. (I hope you’re making Sunday’s show instead to make up for it?)

Thanks again for pointing out the mention; I couldn’t imagine that what little I did get to write would qualify for use in a write-up, but I appreciate it that it did. 😊

• Thanks 1

Such an amazing night, I can never get enough of seeing the best band in the world live. I'm never happier than when I am at a U2 show. Thank you so much Bono, Edge, Adam, and Larry, and the entire U2 crew for bringing us fans these amazing experiences. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vertigo3333 said:

Such an amazing night, I can never get enough of seeing the best band in the world live. I'm never happier than when I am at a U2 show. Thank you so much Bono, Edge, Adam, and Larry, and the entire U2 crew for bringing us fans these amazing experiences. 

It was a great show! I liked it every bit as much as Philly 1 and MSG 2 - I think they were even more inspired by the fact that they were filming. The crowd was outstanding all night, and all of them were hitting on all cylinders (esp., Bono - he must have been extra inspired to perform well so that Ali could be upset that she missed it! :D)

A review and (very few) pictures are coming. Resting up for MSG 3 and extreme heat... :wacko:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bigwave said:

I'm also sorry you missed the show.  I hope they didn't lose your luggage as well.  😠

A few shots from Newark (very few due to the good fortune of my position - I was concentrating even more on just being in the moment) :

(Updated...a single shot from Newark! :lol: I'll need to employ Mich's good graces again to put the few others I have on - they tend to emphasize one individual. ;) All will be explained later.)

IMG_0496.JPG

072A6845-B1E1-4CA3-BE92-3ED8A8AF31E4.jpeg

C16C8C90-E09A-4972-85F5-227E7958D9DE.jpeg

54D03637-9A55-4A23-84DE-B6E06C21D15B.jpeg

CAA37713-80E0-4732-A78E-49DBFAFF6F20.jpeg

7BAC4BFD-6CDC-4215-A25A-A05523B0CC77.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank you, Mich!

I have to give credit to JCF for getting us in the area where Bono came out to see us briefly. He explained that they were late because of "filming" - we didn't know what he meant at the time. We did find out later, obviously.

Only one shot from the show - being right up front took away my desire to photograph extensively. :lol:

I'll try to do better tonight.

• Like 1

I’m so excited to hear that they filmed the show! Especially in this new way... should be interesting to see the results! 

• Like 2

On 7/1/2018 at 9:37 PM, Vertigo3333 said:

I’m so excited to hear that they filmed the show! Especially in this new way... should be interesting to see the results! 

...and here's more news about it:

http://www.u2songs.com/news/u2_film_newark_in_360_degrees

So, the camera was not a 3D camera, but a 360 degrees camera (the same camera was used at the Apollo Theater show) - I've never witnessed the effects of such filming, so I can't wait to see it either!

Even more glad we were there! B)

• Brilliant 1