Sign in to follow this  
GeorgiaGirl

Literary References/Quotes on e+i Tour

I've long had an interest in the literary references Bono throws into songs and on tour, and this tour seems to really be full of them. I've been able to catch a few of them, but I'm wondering if others can help me out. Is there a list anywhere of the poems/quotes Bono recites at the beginning and end of UTEOTW (or at other points during the show)? I know early on, it was usually Psalm 23 at the beginning, but later on he's done "The Garden of Love" by Blake (Atlanta, Philly, Boston), the Introduction to Songs of Experience by Blake (Chicago 2), and quotes from Lord of the Flies (MSG). I know he recited part of "The Divine Image" by Blake in Atlanta, too, but I can't remember where in the show it was.

I'm also interested in the books he tears up and throws into the crowd. In Atlanta, it was The Master and Margarita by Bulgakov and Boston 1 was Lord of the Flies. I was near the B stage rail in Boston and noticed that a book got left on the catwalk. It was A Coney Island of the Mind by Ferlinghetti. I'm really curious if it's a different book every night....

I know The Master and Margarita has been several times. I caught one of the pages at Montreal1 and it was Left Behind by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins.  He's also recited "The Garden of Love" by Blake too. I found a list somewhere....I just have to remember where I saw it.

• Like 1