rixchix

U2 Winding Down???

I always wonder when they'll call it quits.  I think after this tour......

Frankly it must be harder and harder to answer the question 'what next?' to themselves. 

It must also be slightly depressing to look back at the first 10/15 years or so of U2 and think, we will never create that again, we will never equal that again.

Frankly, if I was them, I would want to have a rest after e+I and then maybe look towards a final big hurrah.

• Like 1

I think they need a rest. I feel really spoilt and lucky having seen them 4x in the last 3 years and feel sad that our Asian, African and Australasian friend have completely missed out. 

If all the band members have the desire to continue performing I’m sure they’ll tour again. At the end of the day it’s all down to that. They don’t need to tour anymore.

Mind you   It Must be pretty cool touring the world with  your 3 best mates when you’re pushing 60.

They were great on Saturday and Wednesday and if they tour again I’m definitely in.

13 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

Mind you   It Must be pretty cool touring the world with  your 3 best mates when you’re pushing 60.

Who knows? I would have thought they were pretty jaded with the actual touring side of touring by now? After all, they can all go anywhere in the world at any time at their leisure without the pressure of a schedule over their heads.

If I had to predict the future, I would imagine maybe multiple dates in fewer places. Let the people come to them rather than the other way round?

Only they really know..

Physically I think three consecutive tours have taken their toll. If you look in this section you'll find a Sunday Times interview where Adam talks at length about what they need to do to cope with the schedule. 

These tours have been much shorter and I can see that trend continuing but I don't think it'll mean them visiting fewer places - The Joshua Tree tour covered North America, Europe, Mexico and South America in the space of 6 months. Maybe fewer cities, but not fewer countries. 

I don't think they're going to call it quits yet. If there's anything to be proven by Songs of Experience and Bono's near death experience, it's that they'll probably continue as long as they're all alive and physically capable of doing it.

55 minutes ago, peterferris8 said:

Physically I think three consecutive tours have taken their toll. If you look in this section you'll find a Sunday Times interview where Adam talks at length about what they need to do to cope with the schedule. 

These tours have been much shorter and I can see that trend continuing but I don't think it'll mean them visiting fewer places - The Joshua Tree tour covered North America, Europe, Mexico and South America in the space of 6 months. Maybe fewer cities, but not fewer countries. 

I don't think they're going to call it quits yet. If there's anything to be proven by Songs of Experience and Bono's near death experience, it's that they'll probably continue as long as they're all alive and physically capable of doing it.

It will be interesting to see. One of my favourite bands Rush called it a day fairly recently so they could go out while still playing and performing brilliantly, before age and time began to show in their performances. 

Does make you wonder how the Stones are still going!