Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dmway

U2 dreams

3 hours ago, JCF said:

I have had dozens of dreams over the years about U2. Usually around tour time, or after watching videos of them before bed.  The best are when I get a tiny show, like in a school auditorium, or when I just hang out with the band and become one of their friends - though they always slip away and disappear without ever saying goodbye! Once I even got Adam's cell phone number in a dream!  One of my favorites was sitting and having a long talk with Bono about politics and organizing, and all the work he's done, and my telling him what a gift he is to the world and, he perked up and said "Really? You really think I'm that good? That means so much to me."  

Did you remember to write Adam's number down when you woke up? ;)

Bono would be grateful to hear such a compliment, and he deserves such praise too - and the whole band.

I had a good U2 dream last night, with enhanced elements of previous dreams.

It was another auditorium show, but this time I was in the front row, and Ali was there too. I could see her clearly this time, she was wearing an emerald green coat over a black outfit and she had pretty wavy hair. 

U2 had just played “Iris (Hold Me Close)” and Ali explained more of the song’s meaning to us in addition to Bono’s introduction, but I don’t remember what she said. Then she and my mom started talking and I decided to go buy some crazy-colored lipgloss that was on clearance because we were suddenly at a mall, and then I woke up.

I love how the dream world puts together settings that couldn't possibly be sequential in real life (e.g., auditorium and mall in immediate succession). :lol:

I'd love to know what extra meaning Ali had to relate - that would be cool to know!

My best U2 dream was one where I was Bono, not dressed up like him, not playing as him in a video game, but inhabiting his body with enough of my own self awareness left to realize that I was no longer myself but Bono. This knowledge didn't freak me out, maybe because I had more important things to worry about, like the concert U2 was about to give inside a playhouse that I loved playing in when I was a kid.

It was still a playhouse with slides, ladders, and rope swings, but there was also somehow room for a small carpeted stage, room for a decent sized audience, and seats for the audience and outlets for the sound equipment.

The concert was a huge success. The crowd went crazy as I/Bono rocked it out with a 2 and a half octave Casio keyboard. The keyboard was so small I could hold it with my right hand and play it with my left (there was also enough of myself left that I was still left-handed). I think we were playing "New Year's Day," and when we got to the solo, I stopped dancing around like normal on my feet, lay down on my back with my head towards the audience (thank goodness the stage was carpeted), and played a phenomenal keyboard solo while kicking my feet to the beat (I somehow managed not to kick Adam, Larry, The Edge, or any equipment) and with the keyboard balanced on my stomach.

I had two more U2 dreams last night, but I can’t remember much more than that Bono was in both. It seemed to be backstage before a performance. These were consecutive dreams in the same place, as if the end of one was interrupted, then the second picked up the plot a little later.

I wouldn’t even bother posting about these since I remember so few details about them; however, I am struck by the fact that I have now had 4 dreams of them in a little over two weeks. Before the 17th of last month, I could count all the U2 dreams that I had ever had in my life on one hand and still have several fingers left over. The e&i tour seems to have had quite an impact on my dream psyche. ☁️ 

12 minutes ago, dmway said:

I had two more U2 dreams last night, but I can’t remember much more than that Bono was in both. It seemed to be backstage before a performance. These were consecutive dreams in the same place, as if the end of one was interrupted, then the second picked up the plot a little later.

I wouldn’t even bother posting about these since I remember so few details about them; however, I am struck by the fact that I have now had 4 dreams of them in a little over two weeks. Before the 17th of last month, I could count all the U2 dreams that I had ever had in my life on one hand and still have several fingers left over. The e&i tour seems to have had quite an impact on my dream psyche. ☁️ 

My most recent U2 dream only had pictures and posters of U2 in it, and more exciting for the fact that I could fly by running, jumping, and flapping my arms, but I was flapping my arms to fly to a fancy apartment near NC State campus to find somebody important for an important reason (I don't remember who it was or why) and this person was an artist with lots of paintings. posters, and pictures of U2.

3 hours ago, dmway said:

I find it crazy that you only just started dreaming about U2! U2 dreams have been a mainstay of my sleep life for about, oh, 30 years!! LOL. 

21 minutes ago, JCF said:

I find it crazy that you only just started dreaming about U2! U2 dreams have been a mainstay of my sleep life for about, oh, 30 years!! LOL. 

The funny think is that I rarely dream about celebrities! 😀 Yes, I agree - I ought to have dreamed about them often. They have been a mainstay of my life. I just tend to dream about people I know, or of people that I have never seen before (despite some theorists thinking that is not possible; I know I’ve dreamed of people (and beings) I have never encountered in real life. By “encountered”, I should say that these strange theorists would say that merely the act of seeing in pictures, etc. would make future dreams of them possible. I think the creative mind is creative enough to invent people/things you have never seen before.)

So, I agree - it is strange that I have only now started dreaming about them; but it is also strange that they would appear at all too. 😀

I hope they stick around! 😎

28 minutes ago, dmway said:

The funny think is that I rarely dream about celebrities! 😀 Yes, I agree - I ought to have dreamed about them often. They have been a mainstay of my life. I just tend to dream about people I know, or of people that I have never seen before (despite some theorists thinking that is not possible; I know I’ve dreamed of people (and beings) I have never encountered in real life. By “encountered”, I should say that these strange theorists would say that merely the act of seeing in pictures, etc. would make future dreams of them possible. I think the creative mind is creative enough to invent people/things you have never seen before.)

So, I agree - it is strange that I have only now started dreaming about them; but it is also strange that they would appear at all too. 😀

I hope they stick around! 😎

I’ve had dreams about fictional people I’ve never met too (like the anonymous important person mentioned above.) And I’ve had a lot celebrity dreams. Supposedly, celebrities in dreams represent things.

Well I had a U2 dream a few nights ago but got so busy I forgot to post it! So some details are definitely missing, but this is the best I can remember...

I was in a shopping mall - like a Macy's or something, it was similar to the mall I've been going to my entire life but also had some elements of one I visited in New Orleans. All four band members were there! Most of it was me walking with Larry and Adam, discussing something important that I can't remember but may have been related to certain major events going on in my life right now (starting graduate school and moving out on my own), and then Bono and Edge were ahead of us generally playing around and trying on hats. At some point in changed to just me and Bono, but I don't remember what was said. I think it was one of those dreams where you know a conversation is going on but can't really hear all the words clearly, but it seemed to be all deep conversations and me receiving advice. 

Of course I woke up wishing I could go back! 

3 hours ago, Vertigo3333 said:

Well I had a U2 dream a few nights ago but got so busy I forgot to post it! So some details are definitely missing, but this is the best I can remember...

I was in a shopping mall - like a Macy's or something, it was similar to the mall I've been going to my entire life but also had some elements of one I visited in New Orleans. All four band members were there! Most of it was me walking with Larry and Adam, discussing something important that I can't remember but may have been related to certain major events going on in my life right now (starting graduate school and moving out on my own), and then Bono and Edge were ahead of us generally playing around and trying on hats. At some point in changed to just me and Bono, but I don't remember what was said. I think it was one of those dreams where you know a conversation is going on but can't really hear all the words clearly, but it seemed to be all deep conversations and me receiving advice. 

Now, shopping with U2 would be cool! 😎 I hope that happens for you someday - if U2 can have a contest to play mini-golf with them, they could possibly have a shopping excursion contest! 🛒 

Maybe your subconscious mind remembers what wisdom Bono shared with you, and you’ll act on it accordingly. Or he might have just said, “See more U2 shows!” 😎😆 (Said in the manner of “Watch More TV”, but more seriously.) 😄

2 hours ago, dmway said:

Now, shopping with U2 would be cool! 😎 I hope that happens for you someday - if U2 can have a contest to play mini-golf with them, they could possibly have a shopping excursion contest! 🛒 

Maybe your subconscious mind remembers what wisdom Bono shared with you, and you’ll act on it accordingly. Or he might have just said, “See more U2 shows!” 😎😆 (Said in the manner of “Watch More TV”, but more seriously.) 😄

Yes! Omaze should do that next year - Shopping with U2, and get your own rock star wardrobe! 😆 And I'm sure Bono's wisdom was an echo of what I have many people telling me now (including you!) - That everything will work out! It just took hearing it from my favorite frontman to get through to me 🤣 I did wake up feeling very calm - You know when Bono speaks in his serious voice that he is very assuring!

7 hours ago, Vertigo3333 said:

I wish I was in your dream, if only just to watch Bono and The Edge trying on hats.

I dreamt the other night that Edge had some document he needed me to edit. And I kept saying  loudly to anyone who would listen, because I knew how ridiculous it sounded and I couldn't quite believe it was true: "Oh, I have to go, Edge from U2 needs me to edit some documents for him!!"  I got the job done and sent the flash drive off to him via mail or courier or something.   That was it! So random.

3 minutes ago, JCF said:

I dreamt the other night that Edge had some document he needed me to edit. And I kept saying  loudly to anyone who would listen, because I knew how ridiculous it sounded and I couldn't quite believe it was true: "Oh, I have to go, Edge from U2 needs me to edit some documents for him!!"  I got the job done and sent the flash drive off to him via mail or courier or something.   That was it! So random.

Never was clerical work so glamorous or less of a drudge.