dermo

Question for any/all the signatories of the fan letter to Guy Oseary

I would be interested to know if there has been any follow up to Guy Osearys response to the fan letter last year?

In his response he said would like to 'set up a mechanism so that every so often we can convene around a band-related subject'.

hmmm!

In light of the strong rumours that the band have signed a new contract with Live Nation I think this suggested fans forum could have even greater significance and it would be unfortunate if it developed into a forum for an 'elite clique' to the exclusion of others

Can Bigwave or any of the other mods shed any further light on it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dermo said:

hmmm!

In light of the strong rumours that the band have signed a new contract with Live Nation I think this suggested fans forum could have even greater significance and it would be unfortunate if it developed into a forum for an 'elite clique' to the exclusion of others

Can Bigwave or any of the other mods shed any further light on it.

By "elite clique", what exactly do you mean? can you provide examples?

3 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

Also, the rumour is exactly that, a rumour. We have no knowledge or information concerning that. Our jobs lie within Zootopia. 

5 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

By elite clique I mean a closed group of select people.  As I said hopefully any fan forum that may develop as a result of the contact with Mr Oseary will not become such an elite group.  I acknowledge that it would not be practical for all fans to be directly involved but I am sure many members of the wider fanbase would like to know that they to can be involved in some way and get updates now and again, even if that is to say nothing is happening!

As regards examples of elite groups some would consider the fan run GA 'queues' at shows to be such.   Another example would be those that were brought on stage during the I+E tour and the contest to do so in Paris.   Maybe it's often more a case of perception.  Because it is a perception does not mean that it is invalid 

5 hours ago, mich40 said:

Also, the rumour is exactly that, a rumour. We have no knowledge or information concerning that. Our jobs lie within Zootopia. 

I acknowledged that it was a rumour but even if there is no new Live Nation contract the essence of my point remains the same and I am still be interested to know if there has been any follow up to Mr Osearys initial response to the fan letter.

Thanks to both of you for your responses.  I didn't write this post to be argumentative or negative towards the band, Zootopia, the mods or other fans.  I did so out of a love for the band whose every move I have followed for many years and will continue to do so regardless of whether I am listened to.

I'll borrow a phrase from RIngo Starr to finish off.

Peace and Love

Does U2 actually announce any new contracts they make?  How long Is their current one with LiveNation?