It may turn out to be the smoke / fog but I doubt it. I was on the rail main stage and I didn’t note anything particularly unusual. It was a bit warm, but nothing out of the ordinary. His voice seemed really strong during I Will Follow. Felt we were in for an exceptional show. Glad they didn’t take chances. Beautiful Day was painful to watch. Really admire Bono’s dedication and courage but health needs to come first. Look forward to returning to Berlin and finishing what we started.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Left me feeling quite choked watching the footage. Pray he gets well soon so we get to see the show but his health is what comes first. Get well soon Bono. 

• Like 1

I got worried. But when I saw the youtube clip I wasnt worried anymore, because he hadnt totally lost his voice AND his voice was fine before the show. Therefore I have high hopes that he will recover soon. My thoughts go back to the start of the Joshua Tree Tour and the end of the Love Comes to Town tour, back in the eighties. In those younger days he lost his voice regularly. Maybe it was a combination of the smoke machine and a bad air conditioning system in the hall, as Bono said on stage while battling his lost voice. I think with a week' s rest at most he will be back. The shows in Berlin will probably become the final shows of the tour because they have to be rescheduled to later in the year or maybe even 2019. When my concert got cancelled in 1989 in the Ahoy in Rotterdam they came back in 1990. That was also the final concert of the tour and it was a really great gig, with  lots of special songs: "anybody outthere like to take this guitar.." and Bono let a u2 fan from the audience play along with them on stage. "People get ready"  was what they played. Awesome concert. Awesome voice as always. Bono undoubtedly will be back soon!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

Sure the last time he lost his voice was at the point in 1989/90

Bono had some voice/throat issues during the Tour in Australia 1989. They had to cancel a few concerts. I think they flew to Japan and then returned to play the canceled concerts. The band have a great track record in making sure the fans are looked after where possible. 

Reminds me dark hours of the LoveTown tour, when Bono lost his voice in Dortmund and then shows in Holland were postponed. Hoping the best for Bono and the band. We love you.

Edited by StephOnTour87
  • Like 1

Dang I was at work when I heard. Hoping a quick recovery and that he really really rests up. Prayers.

3 hours ago, Turkued said:

It may turn out to be the smoke / fog but I doubt it. I was on the rail main stage and I didn’t note anything particularly unusual. It was a bit warm, but nothing out of the ordinary. His voice seemed really strong during I Will Follow. Felt we were in for an exceptional show. Glad they didn’t take chances. Beautiful Day was painful to watch. Really admire Bono’s dedication and courage but health needs to come first. Look forward to returning to Berlin and finishing what we started.

In this clip of Lights of Home you can see an awful lot of smoke in the air when he’s at the estage for the “free yourself to be yourself” part.  

• Like 1

On 8/31/2018 at 9:02 PM, peterferris8 said:

"...Iris...Iris?"

I was literally crying during "Iris". I keep tissues handy because I become a mess.  😓

This was from May so the smoke was behind the stage and they were all around the stage so he was probably surrounded

21D3841C-9149-46A7-BBD0-D8668AFE3B5E.png

Wow! Hope all is well...Sounds more like a cold/virus to me rather than smoke. Antibiotics, rest, honey and whiskey for the throat, and dont push it. Voice will come back but if he tries to sing, he will lose it again in a few more days time. Send Bono home before he spreads the sickness around.,

Changing the subject slightly, I noticed that the security for Red Zone on left side was a bit lax last night. Controlled by local security. Despite supposed to be Red Zone only a number of “guests” (red triangle passes) were being brought into the Zone by someone with stadium access pass. 

If/when tour resumes Live Nation may want to remind pass holders what the rules are for Red Zone.

28 minutes ago, liverpool54321 said:

Changing the subject slightly, I noticed that the security for Red Zone on left side was a bit lax last night. Controlled by local security. Despite supposed to be Red Zone only a number of “guests” (red triangle passes) were being brought into the Zone by someone with stadium access pass. 

If/when tour resumes Live Nation may want to remind pass holders what the rules are for Red Zone.

Woah---good call for sure1!!!! That needs to be handled ASAP!

IIRC Bono's voice problems peaked around 97-98 during the Popmart era. I read in U2 By U2 he was diagnosed with nodules on his vocal cords and had to have an operation just so he could keep singing, and his voice was permanently changed after that.

Any nws on an announcement.

Comms are a bit slow especially for people travelling. Even just a holding response to say when an announcement for coming dates will be made.

• Upvote 1

I hope we’ll get some good news soon. 

Got tix for Cologne on tuesday, but if the show has to be postponed for B to make a full recovery, so be it ... than we’ll just go back to Cologne for a second visit 😱

1 hour ago, AlanScotland1 said:

Any nws on an announcement.

Comms are a bit slow especially for people travelling. Even just a holding response to say when an announcement for coming dates will be made.

Agreed. I‘ve got tix for Köln 1 & 2, would be nice to know sooner than later....

Btw, does anyone know if we can take a photocamera in to the show? It’s a bit bigger than pocket size, but not one of those with changeable lenses.

9 minutes ago, jojes said:

Btw, does anyone know if we can take a photocamera in to the show? It’s a bit bigger than pocket size, but not one of those with changeable lenses.

Live Nation says no cameras for this tour leg but normally they mean cameras with detachable lenses. No problems in Berlin taking small camera in.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jojes said:

you will need to check with the particular venue... 

1 minute ago, Max Tsukino said:

you will need to check with the particular venue... 

We’ve got the same email as the one that was quoted here a couple of days ago. (Max. DinA4 size etc). Apparently phones are let in, so I was wondering about that type of camera ...

maybe I’ll just call them tomorrow to be sure. 

4 minutes ago, liverpool54321 said:

Live Nation says no cameras for this tour leg but normally they mean cameras with detachable lenses. No problems in Berlin taking small camera in.

Thanks! 

It’s not so small that it fits in a back pocket of a trouser, but it’s not by far a professional thing either .:.

Is it correct to assume that no official news has been released and if any is released, it will be posted here by one of the mods?