Sign in to follow this  
Max Tsukino

Berlin Live Thread #U2eiTour

Saturday I was in Dublin, and some crew members told us that U2 thought about avoiding ‘double’ songs compared to Berlin2, so that would mean 5 different songs at the start of the show.

But when it’s filmed tonight it seems they decided not to change too much.

Just now, peterferris8 said:

I loved the preshow songs in London. Pretty sure they played half of Massive Attack's Blue Lines album, plus a bit of Radiohead and some other stuff which I can't remember but was still good!

yeah.  Don't know if you are listening, but it's been "The Final Countdown" "Leaving on a Jet Plane" "Don't Dream It's Over"

• Like 1

Just now, Canadanne said:

What did they play before? I was listening to a different Mixlr and couldn't hear the songs as they were chatting.

That was the first one I heard - someone else will have to tell you.

Just now, mich40 said:

yeah.  Don't know if you are listening, but it's been "The Final Countdown" "Leaving on a Jet Plane" "Don't Dream It's Over"

I could make out Don't Dream It's Over. Great song.

4 minutes ago, mich40 said:

The preshow songs are killing me. :(

Sad but Hello Goodbye is a great song from IE to EI.   

3 minutes ago, mich40 said:

Did Bono wait until the very last show of the tour to finally get a haircut? ? *Oh wait no...judging from the caption the photo is from before a different show. 

In all seriousness, I'm getting super emotional here in my room.

Edited by peterferris8
  • Like 1

This Steam song (Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye) is making me laugh - whoever compiled the pre-show music is making me laugh! :lol:

Just now, dmway said:

This Steam song (Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye) is making me laugh - whoever compiled the pre-show music is making me laugh! :lol:

...and now "School's Out". :lol:

So we get extra reactions for this show?  My emotions are off the map.  ? ? ? ?:Zoo_Baby:

4 minutes ago, peterferris8 said:

Did Bono wait until the very last show of the tour to finally get a haircut? ? *Oh wait no...judging from the caption the photo is from before a different show. 

In all seriousness, I'm getting super emotional here in my room.

I'm trying my hardest not to cry because I have workmen at my house and I don't want them to think I'm a nutcase. lol

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, mich40 said:

I'm trying my hardest not to cry because I have workmen at my house and I don't want them to think I'm a nutcase. lol

What if they do Gloria tonight?.   Perhaps you could have a chopping board, an onion and a knife handy?  (in a plastic bag)   Pull the shades?  Put on shades?  Tell them you'll go crazy if you don't go nuts?  

• Haha 1

Would the compiler go with The Beatles or The Doors "The End", do you think? ;):D

I Wanna Be Sedated by The Ramones. 

I've become way more familiar with their music in the last year and a bit, ever since a friend of mine became guitarist for an all female Ramones tribute band - called The Ramonas!

• Haha 1