Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Afliktor

Red Flag Day (Skybringer Remix)

What's up ya'll!  I've been a U2 fan since 1997 😎, used to make music under the name Afliktor and (unofficially) remixed several U2 songs (If You Wear That Velvet Dress, Discotheque, Every Breaking Wave, California, and a sketch of an idea for Lights of Home I may just have to finish...).  Now I go by Skybringer and have remixed our beloved Red Flag Day as my first release (here it is on YouTube if you prefer).  Wanted to share and see what my fellow fans think.  It's meant to turn RFD into a dance-pop hit with a synthwavey-ambience that still reflects the original "feeling" of the song, if that makes sense.  Every sound was meticulously chosen to sound U2-y, as if SOE were made with the mindset of POP.  The drums are electronic but I was very inspired by Larry's playing style, and you'll notice an Adam-like bass come in at one point... I had a blast remixing this one and hope you guys love it.  Any and all feedback would be appreciated, and if anyone wants to pass this on to the band (and probably NOT the record label 😅 ) plz plz do that 😘 Thanks so much! ❤️

Ok, I'm going to be honest. It's a great mix. 

Nice transition and the setup emphasizes the lyrics.

I think the intro is a bit too long, & increase the tempo. The intro is the hook, and the tempo keeps you moving...