Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

joshthetree

25 Sept Wear A U2 T-Shirt

Hi Everyone, 

We are doing another U2 World T-Shirt Day again this year and it would be great if you could take part:Bananaphisto:

Wear one everynight to bed. Rotate my favorites. These edun tees have lasted me years. One is 13 years old & I wear it every week.  I was going to make a quilt of all of the shirts but can't cut them up just yet!! Thanks 

13 minutes ago, Grace12 said:

Wear one everynight to bed. Rotate my favorites. These edun tees have lasted me years. One is 13 years old & I wear it every week.  I was going to make a quilt of all of the shirts but can't cut them up just yet!! Thanks 

Someone tried to convince me to make a quilt with mine. It looks cool but I can’t cut mine either. 

Sleep in one most of the times as well ... getting faded but can’t throw it out!

Gives me a couple of weeks to decide on which U2 T-Shirt to wear?

Great hope you can support.

Yes it used to be a fashion to cut off the arms and make t-shirts into vests - I wished I hadn't :Zoo_Baby:

The idea of quilt made from t-shirts soons a really cool idea.  13 year old t-shirt - none of mine usually last that long - I wear 'em till they fall apart.

One of my friends reckons he keeps his old U2 t-shirt in the freezer to stop moths getting at it:Zoo_Idea:

On 9/11/2018 at 4:12 AM, Grace12 said:

I also have a 13 year old U2 T-Shirt, I bought it when I went to my first ever U2 concert, so it is precious to me and I took good care of it.

?

6 hours ago, bacadorina said:

I also have a 13 year old U2 T-Shirt, I bought it when I went to my first ever U2 concert, so it is precious to me and I took good care of it.

?

Oh that's awesome! Vertigo tour right, i bought one & I literally wear it to bed at least 3 days a week for 13 years. I did cut sleeves & neck cause i don't rock classic tee look, but it's still rocking on. It has an EDUN label so it's a quality tee. My first was Zootv tour in 92 wore that one to bed for over 15 years! Its in my memory clothes bin now. Just like our boys our tees won't quit!!!

If anybody uses Facebook or Instagram and could spread the message, that would be great, hope you can help? Thanks:Bananaphisto:

If you don't use any of these plus Twitter please post your pictures here if you like?

56 minutes ago, DeirdreBell said:

Is there a significance to the date 9/25?

read here: https://www.u2.com/band

September 25, 1976 is the day that they all met in Larry’s kitchen and the rest is history. 

I will wear one. I'm not sure *which* one yet, but I'll take part :D

I'm currently wearing my IETour T-shirt 

:ie_Paris:

I've nearly got a U2 T-shirt for each day of the week :lol:

4 hours ago, Shannon387 said:

Happy Birthday to you too!

This shirt reminds me the Popmart gig of Helsinki, it was amazing. 

P9250123 (2).JPG

17 hours ago, electricco said:

electricco & chrissie

25 Sept Wear A U2 T-Shirt ......... it Was Hard to Choose ONE !!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfWV6G830og

WORLD Tee shirt DAY 2018.jpg

WORLD Tee shirt DAY 2018 Chrissie.png

WORLD Tee shirt DAY 2018 Coco.png

IMG_6055.JPG

IMG_6060.JPG

I'm impressed every time I see your collection.  That is some serious love and devotion.  I love the Propaganda jersey.  I too was a Prop member but somehow missed out on it.

I don't like cut n paste thank yous so ... just a quick note  to 'say in person'  ... thank you very much to EVERYONE who supported this year's t-shirt day.  It was really great the amount of response we got - pretty much right round the planet.  Whilst we live on the internet, I still find things like this amazing.

We must do it again next year, fingers crossed.

So once again many thanks to you and you and you and you and you and you....

I had my green Vertigo Tour tshirt.  I forgot to take a pic.   Thanks, Joshthetree.