1 minute ago, Canadanne said:

I've read stuff over the years about people not getting it on the ZooTV Tour, and I always found that slightly hard to believe. But this year I've seen it with my own eyes. People really do jump to the most bizarre conclusions.

yes! Between ZooTV, the SOI album cover and Macphisto on this tour, I've had to defend/explain more times than I can remember.

Just now, Malahide said:

The first chords of Pride are pure electricity. High voltage.

Bono had an interesting effect on his voice before it got started too!

3 minutes ago, mich40 said:

yes! Between ZooTV, the SOI album cover and Macphisto on this tour, I've had to defend/explain more times than I can remember.

I think my favourite part of the whole SOI iTunes fiasco was when some Russian politican saw the album cover, then saw that the album had been made available to every iTunes customer in Russia and the world, and accused the band of supplying Russian youth with gay propaganda ?

1 minute ago, mich40 said:

I remember hearing people, who I had previously thought were sane, saying back in the 90s, "I liked U2 before they sold out on ZooTV, etc..." :rolleyes:

Really? Well then please continue to stay away for being too f*&#ing stupid to understand satire! :P

1 minute ago, peterferris8 said:

I think my favourite part of the whole SOI iTunes fiasco was when some Russian politican saw the album cover, then saw that the album had been made available to every iTunes customer in Russia and the world, and accused the band of supplying Russian youth with gay propaganda ?

I remember that!

Seeing Larry sing makes me so happy.

Me too. :) Not that that surprises anyone, probably.

• Haha 1

I'm ready to fall in love with the new version of New Year's Day all over again!

It is like hearing it again for the first time...and all it took was a little tweaking.

I'm ready to fall in love with the new version of New Year's Day all over again!

I would love to hear it live.

3 minutes ago, dmway said:

I remember hearing people, who I had previously thought were sane, saying back in the 90s, "I liked U2 before they sold out on ZooTV, etc..." :rolleyes:

Really? Well then please continue to stay away for being too f*&#ing stupid to understand satire! :P

Don't forget the opposition in the States against the sleeve of Boy, what made the band decide to choose another cover for America.     

• Upvote 1

Just now, Malahide said:

Don't forget the opposition in the States against the sleeve of Boy, what made the band decide to choose another cover for America.     

I do remember that. It's hard to navigate the opinions of those who are not completely comfortable with art.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Edge's guitar solo on New Year's Day is like a flaming meteor shooting out of a dying star.

so far...

1. The Blackout
  2. Lights of Home
  3. I Will Follow
  4. All Because You
  5. Beautiful Day
  6. The Ocean
  7. Iris (Hold Me Close)
  8. Cedarwood Road
  9. Sunday Bloody Sunday
  10. Until The End Of the World

iNTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me

11. Elevation (Influx Mix)
  12. Vertigo / Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car (snippet) / Rebel Rebel (snippet) / The Jean Genie (snippet)  
  13. Even Better Than The Real Thing
  14. Acrobat
  15. You're The Best Thing About Me
  16. Summer of Love
  17. Pride (In the Name of Love)
  18. Get Out Of Your Own Way
  19. New Year's Day
  20. City of Blinding Lights