Sign in to follow this  
carlhancox

Manchester 2 Meet Up

For anyone going to Manchester 2 on Sat 20th October, would you be interested in a pre show meet up somewhere in the city ? 

We are a large group travelling up from the Midlands, arriving in the city around midday, and we just thought it would be a great idea to see if there was any interest in a fan gathering in a pub, maybe near to the arena ? 

There are a few Irish bars not too far away, and if there was enough interest, we were thinking of making contact and hopefully getting a bar to host a pre show meet up, playing U2’s music and having a great time before heading off to the show. With enough interest, we could even try and maybe sort some live music out.....

Just an idea....let me know if you’re in town and interested ! 

• Like 2

On 9/22/2018 at 1:28 PM, carlhancox said:

For anyone going to Manchester 2 on Sat 20th October, would you be interested in a pre show meet up somewhere in the city ? 

We are a large group travelling up from the Midlands, arriving in the city around midday, and we just thought it would be a great idea to see if there was any interest in a fan gathering in a pub, maybe near to the arena ? 

There are a few Irish bars not too far away, and if there was enough interest, we were thinking of making contact and hopefully getting a bar to host a pre show meet up, playing U2’s music and having a great time before heading off to the show. With enough interest, we could even try and maybe sort some live music out.....

Good idea. Here´s two to join the party...

The wife and I are travelling from Newcastle for Friday and Saturday, having already done Paris. We would love to find somewhere near the arena

20180908_202428.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Midland fans, I'm going on Saturday 20th on my own. Got standing ticket so planning on getting a good spot early but hopefully have time to meet. Am also going on friday and going to ask fans what time is good to to get in queue? would be great to meet up with you guys for beers. The Castle pub on Oldham St in the northern quarter is a cracking pub and minutes away from arena. Be great if possible to meet. If not , have an amazing night.

On 10/4/2018 at 10:46 PM, philipbrown said:

The wife and I are travelling from Newcastle for Friday and Saturday, having already done Paris. We would love to find somewhere near the arena

20180908_202428.jpg

So are me and my wife. Leaving Newcastle Thursday evening.

• Thanks 1

I am interested, although I may not be able to get there in time as it is my little girls 2nd birthday. Shame she's too young yet to experience a gig. But if I get there I will happily catch up! I'll keep an eye in this thread! 

check out the RevU2 podcast shoutout, they have something on at the Hard Rock Cafe from 3PM

• Like 1

On 10/12/2018 at 12:23 PM, Farmerpotts said:

Hi Midland fans, I'm going on Saturday 20th on my own. Got standing ticket so planning on getting a good spot early but hopefully have time to meet. Am also going on friday and going to ask fans what time is good to to get in queue? would be great to meet up with you guys for beers. The Castle pub on Oldham St in the northern quarter is a cracking pub and minutes away from arena. Be great if possible to meet. If not , have an amazing night.

Im in exactly the same scenario. Ill be going to the second show alone. in standing and need to pick up my ticket from the box office. Ill be happy to meet up if anything is happening though.

would be great to meet up with fans from here, i'll log on to here on Friday, we are down for both nights

On 9/22/2018 at 11:28 AM, carlhancox said:

Hey guys.......great response, sounds like there will be a good group of us in town during Saturday afternoon.

And thanks Bigwave......the Hard Rock Cafe from 3pm sounds like an ideal place and time for a bit of a get together.....hopefully with enough of us in there, we might be able to influence their sound system for the afternoon.....

For anybody else in town from midday on Saturday, I think we’ll be heading towards Mulligans Irish Bar in Deansgate, which is about a 10-15 min walk from Hard Rock, and from the arena.

Hope to see you all, and stay in touch on here over the weekend. For those going tomorrow, have a fantastic time ! Not long now ! 

I couldn’t make Hard Rock Cafe. Anyone in the arena? I’ve just arrived. Where do folk who are on their own tend to group up?