Sign in to follow this  
Max Tsukino

Copenhagen Live Thread #U2eiTour

Wow! They took it to church on a Sunday night! Thanks to everyone who could join us. Hope you can join us for Hamburg on Wednesday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

I bet if you ask any Zootopian they can get one of the nice Macphisto tshirts, currently on sale on the venue ?

I bet they would, but would all the Zootopians over there be willing to buy one for each and every person wanting one on the list?

It would be a lot easier for all for them to be able to be purchased here, if possible. There has to be a way...

• Like 1

U2 eXPERIENCE + INNOCENCE TOUR 2018

September 30, 2018    Copenhagen, DK    Royal Arena

#U2eiTour #LiveThreads #Copenhagen #U2 #womenoftheworldtakeover

1. The Blackout
  2. Lights of Home
  3. I Will Follow
  4. Gloria
  5. Beautiful Day
  6. The Unforgettable Fire
  7. Stay (Faraway, So Close)
  8. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

iNTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me

9. Elevation (Influx Mix)
  10. Vertigo / Rebel Rebel (snippet)
  11. Even Better Than The Real Thing
  12. Acrobat
  13. You're The Best Thing About Me
  14. Summer of Love
  15. Pride (In the Name of Love)
  16. Get Out Of Your Own Way
  17. New Year's Day
  18. City of Blinding Lights

iNTERMISSION: #womenoftheworldtakeover

19. One
  20. Love is Bigger Than Anything in its Way
  21. 13 (There is a Light)

Sources: mixlr.com/doris286 | mixlr.com/u2gigs | Several Periscope Streams | http://u2gigs.com

• Thanks 1

:Euro_Machphisto:

Thanks to all who make this possible.  Unforgettable show.  I was nice to experience it with everyone.  I wish you peace.

Great to see those 3 new additions to the set list. Hope they stay in there for the rest of the tour!! 

?

3 hours ago, dmway said:

Well, the complainers about the usual setlist can STFU now...

Very gladly!   I had given up on them.  The little break since Madrid seems to have worked wonders.   I just listened to these three songs on YouTube, and they were full-on versions, not wimpified acoustic versions.  

I'd have to say that, out of nowhere, Copenhagen Night Two is the highlight of the tour to this point!

Let's see what happens in Hamburg now.

Edited by Rich T.

And I completely missed this one! Grump. OK. Deep breath, not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.  I missed it because I was watching my daughter's hockey team win a really well-played, close game.

But looking at the set list - can they keep Gloria around? I love that one.

Love, hugs and peace to all!

6 hours ago, yardie said:

Great to see those 3 new additions to the set list. Hope they stay in there for the rest of the tour!! 

?

6 hours ago, Rich T. said:

Very gladly!   I had given up on them.  The little break since Madrid seems to have worked wonders.   I just listened to these three songs on YouTube, and they were full-on versions, not wimpified acoustic versions.  

I'd have to say that, out of nowhere, Copenhagen Night Two is the highlight of the tour to this point!

Let's see what happens in Hamburg now.

Yes - the new additions were very welcome and they did sound great! I'm glad that "Gloria" came back too.

However, in a detached and more objective analysis, they did come at a cost. I think I can speak for most (perhaps almost all(?)) that losing the "The Ocean/Iris/Cedarwood Road" section of the customary setlist for the three that were played instead was a real plus for this show; however, both SBS and UTEOTW were cut in addition - that (IMHO) mutes the exchange a bit. We're gaining three songs to lose five. Full marks for the three songs that were played, but that first intermission came awfully quickly...

I'm a bit curious to see how this show informs shows going forward - is this the new master setlist? Is this set version alternating with the more established one? Are most of the rules thrown out for the first portion of the show now (post-IWF, that is)? I am intrigued.

I was going to listen to the rest of the tour anyway, but now I/we have even more incentive! B)

Edited by dmway
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

U2 eXPERIENCE + INNOCENCE TOUR 2018

September 30, 2018    Copenhagen, DK    Royal Arena

#U2eiTour #LiveThreads #Copenhagen #U2 #womenoftheworldtakeover

1. The Blackout
  2. Lights of Home
  3. I Will Follow
  4. Gloria
  5. Beautiful Day
  6. The Unforgettable Fire
  7. Stay (Faraway, So Close)
  8. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

iNTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me

9. Elevation (Influx Mix)
  10. Vertigo / Rebel Rebel (snippet)
  11. Even Better Than The Real Thing
  12. Acrobat
  13. You're The Best Thing About Me
  14. Summer of Love
  15. Pride (In the Name of Love)
  16. Get Out Of Your Own Way
  17. New Year's Day
  18. City of Blinding Lights

iNTERMISSION: #womenoftheworldtakeover

19. One
  20. Love is Bigger Than Anything in its Way
  21. 13 (There is a Light)

Sources: mixlr.com/doris286 | mixlr.com/u2gigs | Several Periscope Streams | http://u2gigs.com

:Bananaphisto:a change in the setlist! 

These awesome setlist PLEASE for Hamburg 1 or 2.  ?

And now, congratulation at Joe O'Herlihy - 40 years the sound-guru of U2! ?

They did Stay in the barricage. ??

• Like 3
  • Brilliant 1

I'm trying to figure out how the new songs fit in with or change the narrative of IE/EI as one cohesive piece of work.   Time will tell if they keep these new songs in the setlist.  I can only guess and my guess is they do not. I'd love to hear them all live.  Iris/Cedarwood Road and UTEOTW were key parts of the show. No matter what they do, it gives one thing yet takes another.  Dmway's above post makes good points.  

Edited by Manohlive
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Manohlive said:

I'm trying to figure out how the new songs fit in with or change the narrative of IE/EI as one cohesive piece of work.   Time will tell if they keep these new songs in the setlist.  I can only guess and my guess is they do not. I'd love to hear them all live.  Iris/Cedarwood Road and UTEOTW were key parts of the show. No matter what they do, it gives one thing yet takes another.  Dmway's above post makes good points.  

I'm torn because I loved those three they added, but also I love Iris/Cedarwood - the two best tracks from SOI in my eyes. 

When I heard they were rehearsing Stay and The Unforgettable Fire my immediate thoughts were: 1. YAY! 2. Stay could go in the Experience half, during the post-MacPhisto segment (Best Thing/Summer of Love). 3. The Unforgettable Fire could alternate with New Year's Day as the EU flag song. If they did that we wouldn't have to lose Iris or Cedarwood Road. 

I'd love Wild Horses as a way to kick off the encore (as it did on night 1 in Tulsa exactly five months ago today!), either before or instead of One. That's the U2 song I never thought I'd love to hear live until this tour started. 

I can take or leave Gloria - it's a great song, but having already heard it on I&E three years ago I'd rather have Red Flag Day or All Because of You. 

Still, tonight was fantastic and I'm immensely jealous of everyone who was there!

On 9/30/2018 at 5:05 PM, bigwave said:

look forward to hearing your reviews - flag flashmob looked amazing, well organised

The flags in the crowd were totally awesome! 

A random thought that just popped into my head - this tour setlist has so far featured songs from every single U2 album except for NLOTH and The Joshua Tree. Pretty impressive, huh?

The question is also why they decided to alter the set at all. Perhaps it was the presence of relatives (including Ali) who made the guys want to do something special on the second night. Another reason might me the audience. I have seen U2 (and this tour) in a couple of different (european) cities, and I must admit, that my hometown of Copenhagen has been the audience that definitely responded most disappointing to the new stuff. The atmosphere was undoubtedly good both nights, but it was thanks to the "classics". At least a dosen of people went pass me to go to the bar/toilets during acrobat at night one, and songs from both the I&E-records did not seem to get people that excited at all. I doubt that most people even knew the new songs. 

Maybe I'm a little hard on my fellow countrymen. But I don't think the appreciated the new stuff as they should, and I'm excited to see, if the changes in the set yesterday will last during the rest of the tour, or if the band actually had to adapt to a tough crowd in Copenhagen. 

40 minutes ago, Naiitz said:

The question is also why they decided to alter the set at all. Perhaps it was the presence of relatives (including Ali) who made the guys want to do something special on the second night. Another reason might me the audience. I have seen U2 (and this tour) in a couple of different (european) cities, and I must admit, that my hometown of Copenhagen has been the audience that definitely responded most disappointing to the new stuff. The atmosphere was undoubtedly good both nights, but it was thanks to the "classics". At least a dosen of people went pass me to go to the bar/toilets during acrobat at night one, and songs from both the I&E-records did not seem to get people that excited at all. I doubt that most people even knew the new songs. 

Maybe I'm a little hard on my fellow countrymen. But I don't think the appreciated the new stuff as they should, and I'm excited to see, if the changes in the set yesterday will last during the rest of the tour, or if the band actually had to adapt to a tough crowd in Copenhagen. 

Last night was 40 years to the day that Joe O'Herlihy joined the band's crew as their sound technician so that could be why they brought in the rarities - atu2.com suggested it was to keep him on his toes.

There's really some over analysis of this in my opinion. Cedarwood, I can take, but wont miss, Iris - I love, it really has a personal tinge as I lost my mum around the time when innocence came out, the Ocean - really - just a boy filler....I jest.?

It was so, so ,so refreshing to see U2 DO WHAT THEY DO BEST, and when I was just starting to think they had forgotten how to do it!

3 great tracks thrown in, with thought.

I'm so totally re-energised for Belfast in a few short weeks. I do hope they keep an element of this in the remaining shows.

All 3 were performed brilliantly.

Proof if ever there was needed, that UF was always an indoor track, and performed solidly. Wild horses, performed really well (croke '05 last time I heard that one),

'Stay', well that just takes me back to the RDS, in Dubs 1993.

Yum.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yardie said:

There's really some over analysis of this in my opinion. Cedarwood, I can take, but wont miss, Iris - I love, it really has a personal tinge as I lost my mum around the time when innocence came out, the Ocean - really - just a boy filler....I jest.?

It was so, so ,so refreshing to see U2 DO WHAT THEY DO BEST, and when I was just starting to think they had forgotten how to do it!

3 great tracks thrown in, with thought.

I'm so totally re-energised for Belfast in a few short weeks. I do hope they keep an element of this in the remaining shows.

All 3 were performed brilliantly.

Proof if ever there was needed, that UF was always an indoor track, and performed solidly. Wild horses, performed really well (croke '05 last time I heard that one),

'Stay', well that just takes me back to the RDS, in Dubs 1993.

Yum.

RDS IN 1993...? was fabulous.

• Like 1