Sign in to follow this  
PeterM1

GA Process

Hi

I'll be going to both nights at the O2. Seated on the Tuesday then GA on the Wednesday. I was thinking of joining the GA queue after the Tuesday gig and staying there all night but will I be able to collect a numbered wrist band at some stage on Tuesday then return to the queue on Wednesday after a good nights sleep?

Too early to know...

You may need to be checking periodically not only the board but also the U2 fan community social media accounts (mostly twitter and facebook) for any information about how the fans there decide how to work that aspect of the queue process...

17 hours ago, PeterM1 said:

I'll be going to both nights at the O2. Seated on the Tuesday then GA on the Wednesday. I was thinking of joining the GA queue after the Tuesday gig and staying there all night but will I be able to collect a numbered wrist band at some stage on Tuesday then return to the queue on Wednesday after a good nights sleep?

I don't know what the procedure will be this year, but as far as I know, there was no overnight queueing allowed in 2015. Fans with numbers had to attend a roll call at 8am on show day and then remain in line.

I'm doing GA for both shows so if anyone hears anything about how "the list" is going to work, I too would appreciate the info! (I don't use Facebook so I never know what's happening until I get there, which is less than ideal.)

Soooo.... What if you can't get there until about 6pm. Is it a pretty good view from anywhere in GA in the O2?

2 hours ago, keithen said:

Soooo.... What if you can't get there until about 6pm. Is it a pretty good view from anywhere in GA in the O2?

Depends how tall you are. With this stage layout, it's apparently great for most people but pretty rubbish for short people.

The O2 Arena website states that it can hold up to 2,200 on the arena floor. With the stage configuration for U2 I would guess that capacity would be at least halved. It's my first time in GA at a U2 gig for several decades so it is a BIG unknown quantity for me! On the plus side I'm aiming to get there for around 07:00am and I'm 6ft2" tall so I should have a pretty good view 

Last time I saw U2 at the O2 in 2015 the GA area was not too crowded compared to many other venues I have seen them at. So unless you want to be very near the rail I don’t think you need to queue very early.