Shooting off my mouth; that's another great thing about me.  I love that line.   I thought this song was about her.  😶

2 minutes ago, dmway said:

Yes, it was a great version yesterday!

If you want to know even more about the making of it, be sure to see the "From The Sky Down" documentary - it pulls back the curtain on the whole making of AB.

Yes I need to revisit that, I have seen it but listening so clearly with mixlr in my ear and really hearing what he is saying- you learn a lot. Love hearing these concerts. There is always something new that I hear. Love it.

• Like 1

Oh wow.   They are doing both Best Thing and Summer of Love.  

2 minutes ago, Grace12 said:

Yes I need to revisit that, I have seen it but listening so clearly with mixlr in my ear and really hearing what he is saying- you learn a lot. Love hearing these concerts. There is always something new that I hear. Love it.

People often criticize Bono for repeating the same speeches every night.  I like how he adds or changes/flips something, during the scripted introductions.  I suddenly realize something I had not known.  It's not unusual for my new insight(s) to go back decades. I agree with you.  

so far...

1. The Blackout
  2. Lights of Home
  3. I Will Follow
  4. Gloria / Gloria (snippet)
  5. Beautiful Day
  6. Zoo Station
  7. Stay (Faraway, So Close)
  8. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

iNTERMISSION: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me

9. Elevation (Influx Mix)
  10. Vertigo / The Jean Genie (snippet)
  11. Even Better Than The Real Thing
  12. Acrobat / Sympathy for the Devil (snippet)
  13. You're The Best Thing About Me
  14. Summer of Love
  15. Pride (In the Name of Love)

It's funny when there are polls here of what songs you could do without hearing live again, this song very often is near/at the top of the list.

If they keep playing it like this, I'd want to hear it at every show - the new version of NYD too.

Even in Europe Dr King bears relevance to the current state of the world.

2 minutes ago, dmway said:

It's funny when there are polls here of what songs you could do without hearing live again, this song very often is near/at the top of the list.

If they keep playing it like this, I'd want to hear it at every show - the new version of NYD too.

If they keep it as a regular part of the current setlist, the first night in Belfast will be its 1000th live performance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, peterferris8 said:

Even in Europe Dr King bears relevance to the current state of the world.

Interesting comment because I've been thinking about Mahatma Gandhi in America for a few months now.

1 minute ago, dmway said:

the thing is that the show is not a collection of songs... it always has a purpose and a justification...

currently, Pride it's a way to balance what they are showing during Summer of Love... the point would be incomplete without it...

it's not the same as you could do in a jukebox or in your Spotify playlist...

• Brilliant 1

1 minute ago, peterferris8 said:

If they keep it as a regular part of the current setlist, the first night in Belfast will be its 1000th live performance.

That would be perfect.

I felt strange about it at the start of the tour, but I've decided ditching The Joshua Tree from the setlist entirely is one of the best decisions the band have ever made. It adds so much more colour to the show because every other song not from that album shines way more. And of course it gives SOE a chance to take centre stage.

Just now, peterferris8 said:

I felt strange about it at the start of the tour, but I've decided ditching The Joshua Tree from the setlist entirely is one of the best decisions the band have ever made. It adds so much more colour to the show because every other song not from that album shines way more. And of course it gives SOE a chance to take centre stage.

I concur; it was the right decision.

• Upvote 1