6 hours ago, dmway said:

...ah, back in the days when we still had a President. I miss those days...

At least we'll always have the memory of a baby blimp being a visual on the EI tour.  That's the moment where I'm sticking until someone else makes us great again. I'm ready for what's next.  😷 

• Like 1

Thanks for posting that link to Zoo Station, Max. Seeing it the same day as the show is a treat.  peterferris8-Thanks for sharing about Obama's inauguration and U2 -Zoo Station and your family's presence.  That is a coolest story.   

6 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

If I don't cry when I see this song played live I'll be shocked at myself on the train home.

I hope you do and it starts with a great view of the stage(s). before the show even begins. 

Video of Zoo Station was great. It was epic. Anyone know what hotel the lads are staying in in Hamburg?

Currently playing Heroes by Bowie. I was at night 1 at Twickenham last year, and when Bono started singing Heroes during Bad, I got bigger shivers down my spine than I've ever had at a gig before.

this combo intro (The Great Dictator speech + The Blackout)... the more I hear it, the more I like it...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

this combo intro (The Great Dictator speech + The Blackout)... the more I hear it, the more I like it...

Same here. I thought nothing could be better than Love Is All We Have Left + The Blackout in North America but having the speech and then The Blackout to open in Europe elevates the energy of the show so much.

Edited by peterferris8
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

Yes, it is one of my very favorite U2 concert beginnings, right up there with the ZooTV and PopMart openings.

Edited by dmway

and it probably goes GD speech + The Blackout + Lights of Home... =D

2 minutes ago, peterferris8 said:

Currently playing Heroes by Bowie. I was at night 1 at Twickenham last year, and when Bono started singing Heroes during Bad, I got bigger shivers down my spine than I've ever had at a gig before.

Me too. This is an excerpt from my concert review:

And just when you thought the song couldn't get any more epic, Bono went into a lengthy snippet of 'Heroes', which.... well, to say it was moving would be an understatement. I'm not even that fond of Heroes, but hearing it immediately reminded me that they were friends with David Bowie, and I realised how much Bono must miss him, and my eyes were full of tears. (I remember thinking this must be a new record for me, crying already after only three songs!) And like.... holy shit, I don't think I've *ever* seen Bono singing so passionately as he did at the end of that song. Just howling with love and grief and the thrill of us all being alive and together in that moment. Seriously, I defy you to watch the video from about 6:40 onward and not get major goosebumps - it's making me cry again as I write this! The energy in that room was unreal.

At the time I thought it was just the loss of Bowie that was driving the performance, but I guess I was nearer the mark than I realised when I wrote that description. A few months later when we heard about Bono's near-death experience, that whole "rage against the dying of the light" feeling made a lot more sense - no wonder it sent chills right down the back of my neck.

• Like 2
  • Brilliant 1