Sign in to follow this  
paoladegliesposti

The peak of Songs of Experience.

The song from 'Experience album' that is a summit to me and that I have found myself in listening more is ' Love is all we have left' 

Here i type the lines I have found myself in singing as well:

' Love and love is all we have left,

you argue cause you can't  accept.'

Love is all we have left.'

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

For me it's "Love is bigger..."

Over the last two years the presence of love has taken over all parts of my life. Not just romantic or family orientated love but a connection to everyone and everything. At the risk of sounding corny I must admit that I had the realization that everything is love and that the bad deeds a person does come about because they are consciously turning away from love.

9 hours ago, CorkVegan said:

For me it's "Love is bigger..."

Over the last two years the presence of love has taken over all parts of my life. Not just romantic or family orientated love but a connection to everyone and everything. At the risk of sounding corny I must admit that I had the realization that everything is love and that the bad deeds a person does come about because they are consciously turning away from love.

Fantastic!

• Like 1

I think the album is a real peak for the band and one without a weak link. It works as a whole album and demands to be listened too in that form. My personal favourite is book of your heart, which is absolutely stunning.The layered textures of electronics and live instrumentation allows the track to whisper its way in. Bono puts downs a measured vocal ( with a similar dynamic to Heroes) and frankly, leaves his heart and soul dripping from the end section. The lyric is utterly gorgeous. What is it with U2 and album closers? They nail them every single time. 

Edited by Paulj101

Excellent. Going into deep at my preference, I would like adding that ' Love is all we have left' is a chant of hope and salvation, to me. It is when love is left that life is no vanity.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1