Irlande1

Bono discovered the book "U2 paroles de fans" in Paris

Hi everybody.

Well I forgot to post about the incredible thing that happened to me in Paris, on september 13th while U2 were touring in the city of lights. I've written a book (in french) about U2 fans. 70 of them from 18 countries around the world (you may be part of them !)  told me about their passion for the band, how they discovered U2 music, what they feel when they listen to it, how far they went for the band, what relationship they have with it and what they like and what they dislike.

I dreamt one of the four U2 members would sign a copy of it so I decided to wait in front of the hotel in the cold wind with hundreds of other fans that day. And my dream came true !

Bono came out of the hotel to meet the fans and he walked directly to the place I was.

A Mexican fan filmed the meeting. You can watch it here >>> https://www.facebook.com/claire.talgorn/videos/10214397356102430/

And another one filmed Bono's reaction when I tell him about the book (it starts at '31 and ends at 1'02) >>>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQDjV7pnZ2o

He started signing stuffs and when he arrived in front of me I managed to tell him about the book. So he stopped signing and looked me right in the eyes (I was soooo nervous when he did that !). I thought "My Gosh, he's really listening to you, keep on talking !". I told him about the fans stories and asked if he could read in french. Unfortunately, he can speak a little bit but not read the language for the moment but he said he was "interested in learning french so that he could read it. " He added "maybe 'l'année prochaine' (speaking in french, how lovely)". He was about to keep  the book but he realized he had already signed it so he said "you keep this one but you send me one". I promised I'll do it. and asked where I should send it but I can't understand what he answered. If you understand, let me know !!

As I'm going to the last Dublin show in November, I decided to bring a copy with me and I've started to translate parts of it for him to be able to read it. I'll try to give it to Bono directly even if this seems difficult or let it somewhere he could get it.  

So keep on dreaming, sometimes your dreams can come true, believe me !

Edited by Irlande1
  • Brilliant 1