Sign in to follow this  
Max Tsukino

Manchester Live Thread #U2eiTour

Can’t wait for tonight ! Just on the train now, arriving into Piccadilly shortly......

Lets hope for ‘one of those amazing nights’......

I appreciate that this is non Manchester related but I’m writing in response to the periscope debate in the thread. I broadcast from Belfast in the i and e tour but you do get cramp  holding your phone up. I’m going both nights next weekend and might broadcast a few songs from one of the nights depending on wi fi. Would anyone recommend a selfie stick as a way to avoid an overdose of lactic acid in my biceps? Cheers

• Like 3

Brilliant night last nite, first time in the red zone on edges side and ended up on the front of the red zone section. Big credit to the 4 Irish women who I was talking to in the queue and next to me in the zone for there generosity in ensuring I remained at the front and the great conversation a credit to their country. A great night

1 hour ago, Belfastmick said:

I appreciate that this is non Manchester related but I’m writing in response to the periscope debate in the thread. I broadcast from Belfast in the i and e tour but you do get cramp  holding your phone up. I’m going both nights next weekend and might broadcast a few songs from one of the nights depending on wi fi. Would anyone recommend a selfie stick as a way to avoid an overdose of lactic acid in my biceps? Cheers

it’s more than likely that the venue wouldn’t allow the use of a selfie stick... please don’t take any unnecessary risk...

my advice on this: the priority is always that you enjoy the show... if you can stream, much appreciated and many thanks in advance, even if it’s just half a song...

but if you feel tired or the wifi is crappy and it would be too expensive to use your mobile credit or even if you arrive there and decide to just enjoy the show... by all means, don’t broadcast... it’s entirely optional and everyone will survive if there isn’t any stream...

good luck and enjoy the shows!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hope everyone had a great show last night and do so again tonight. Did anyone catch a glimpse of t-shirt prices?

10 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Perhaps there were Europeans in America giving us the chance to see it when EI was in North America.  One never knows.  It's only recently I've realized how fortunate we are that someone does sacrifice for the greater good of U2 fans everywhere in the world. 

That's somewhat doubtful, unless they enabled their phones for use in the US. I recall lots of the feeds came from US fans.

3 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

it’s more than likely that the venue wouldn’t allow the use of a selfie stick... please don’t take any unnecessary risk...

my advice on this: the priority is always that you enjoy the show... if you can stream, much appreciated and many thanks in advance, even if it’s just half a song...

but if you feel tired or the wifi is crappy and it would be too expensive to use your mobile credit or even if you arrive there and decide to just enjoy the show... by all means, don’t broadcast... it’s entirely optional and everyone will survive if there isn’t any stream...

good luck and enjoy the shows!!!

All of this is true. My point was merely that it is disappointing. US fans sacrificed all of the above to help thousands of fans who could not be at the shows, and I, for one, want to thank every single one of them. I am also a Radiohead fan, and I want to thank whoever gave us the most remarkable feeds during the end of their US tour. One person got one of those shows on one feed from a great vantage point, and it was a blessing for those of who desperately wanted to be there but could not go.

Remember, the Periscope feed is also a special keepsake for the person who films it. The feeds no longer disappear after 24 hours. One can go back and watch them time and time again and reminisce, just as other fans do.

Like many folks in this forum, I was heartbroken that I was unable to get tickets to see U2 at the Apollo. But that Periscope feed made me feel I was there to share in the experience. Words cannot express how grateful I am to that person.

1 hour ago, peterferris8 said:

Hope everyone had a great show last night and do so again tonight. Did anyone catch a glimpse of t-shirt prices?

Okay, just saw the website, forget I asked. £25, not too bad...