Sign in to follow this  
philipbrown

Brilliant Friday night

Gutted no Joshua Tree & replaced by. new album. If you want to promote new tracks just add 30 mins extra - please don’t drop your best ever tunes. Everyone I spoke to in after concert bar were devastated  ?

It's been out there for ages that there would be no Joshua Tree this time, the time to hear the Joshua Tree was the JT tour last year. I agree there are some of their best songs on that album but I was happy to hear something else and the Achtung Baby section is utterly brilliant.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/u2s-adam-clayton-talks-experience-tour-possible-plans-for-2019-627793/

• Upvote 1

My 13th U2 gig, & it wasn’t one of the best. Set list was paced awfully, a cluster of hits to get the crowd going ‘I will follow’ & Gloria’ then when the crowd were peaking, they slow it right down. I love Achtung Baby, but felt the set list was a bit too heavy with it, when so many other great albums tracks could have got an airing. I hated the whole EU crap, not everyone shares your view Bono, we’ve come to have a good time, not to be preached at, or converted.  Also didn’t like how some of the tracks were almost disco-fied, & jazzed up. Don’t mess with it - play em as they originally were. 6/10

B7202FBF-992F-4E99-AFDA-7484C82690D3.thumb.jpeg.c3e3a808d58602f403d3b75f91c10cfb.jpeg

E819200C-237B-4B37-8CD5-05E66D3626CE.jpeg

011697E2-7166-40C7-A3F2-2A4222998845.jpeg

53EF74D7-2320-4A50-A279-A0EE1E86BEB0.jpeg

Personally, I thought it was the best I’ve seen them for a while. Loved the set, the production was mind blowing, and it’s hardly a surprise about bono “preaching”. 

• Like 2

I thought he was very reserved about brexit and it came across that he was sad we are leaving but hoped we would stay. There was no criticism of the decision

• Like 2

Amazing gig Friday. Refreshing change not to hear the big songs from the JT tour & being a little AB heavy.  I don't understand people that go to shows complaining about Bono preaching. You have to live under a rock not to know this. Use it as a loo/bar break.