dermo

Rattle & Hum Screening Dublin Live Thread

Awwww guess I’m not going ?

Unless any kind soul has a spare ticket... ??

Edited by JohnS88

have edited TP and changed to live thread so we can follow along as it happens (get your DVD's and VHS oot!)

• Brilliant 1

5 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

Let us know!!!

Certainly do remember it. I was a volunteer for Amnesty International at the time and a few of their very lucky members (me included) managed to get into the premier in Leicester Square, London. The whole band were there and a host of other celebs too.

Not so lucky this time, ho hum. But then I'd have a world of trouble trying to get to Dublin with this much notice. 

Enjoy, you lucky people!

• Like 1

I was in my favorite record store, which I'm happy still exists.  I heard Helter Skelter, looked up and asked, "Is that Bono?  The Beatles?"  My buddies behind the counter nodded.  I had planned on buying it that day but was looking at other stuff.  I bought it and went straight home to listen to it on CD.  By the time I had to go to work, I had recorded it on cassette and listened the whole time.  I thought life could never, ever get better now that I had a new U2 album and my Sony Walkman.  Sadly, the movie was not heavily promoted where I live and I worked nights.  I never saw it in a cinema but that made for a great day when I finally got a copy of the film and could watch it at home.

Edited by Manohlive

I also remember a friend telling me how much he loved Hawkmoon 69.  It was the first time I saw him since Rattle and Hum had been released.  I asked if he'd listened to the whole thing and he said no.  We were at a bar.  "So you have not heard the last song?"    "No, why?"  "You need to hear it."   We went outside, to my car, and I cranked All I Want Is You for him.  Seeing his eyes light up when Edge starts that glorious guitar riff is something I will never forget.  We went back into the bar. "Why would they cover the Beatles?":   "I don't know."   "Do you like their version?"  "I like everything they do."  "Think we'll ever see them live?"  ?

We spent the whole night playing pool, going out to my car, having a smoke and listening to the CD.  We were wise enough to take a cab home..

While we wait....

• Like 1

Just now, Manohlive said:

Larry sings, Mich40?  

Yes!  He still does. He's been singing back up on "Get Out of Your Own Way" on the current tour. ❤️

• Haha 1

have your DVD/BluRay/VHS set and be ready to press play in 5 min, so we can start our collective musical journey #RattleAndHum30

dvd.jpg