Hi Max, looking forward to gig..

One slight correction... Belfast isn't in GB. - GB = England, Scotland and Wales. 

UK is GB and NI.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Martinmc said:

Hi Max, looking forward to gig..

One slight correction... Belfast isn't in GB. - GB = England, Scotland and Wales. 

UK is GB and NI.

Completely and totally understand, believe me... but in this case, must follow the official nomenclature as on the tours page:

belfast.png

7 hours ago, The Boy In The Well said:

Hi guys; any news on a GA numbering system? 

Thanks, 

Dave

Keep checking the board and fan social media periodically... if/when there's information about it, you will find it there...

ETA: this just appeared:

is there a support act, or is it U2 only

also seems early for a U2 concert, how long are the show ?  I'd have thought max 2 hours, therefore concert finishing around 10

6 minutes ago, Colm said:

also seems early for a U2 concert, how long are the show ?  I'd have thought max 2 hours, therefore concert finishing around 10

No support act on this tour. They have been scheduled to come on at 8.30 at most European venues so not sure why the earlier start in Belfast. 

6 minutes ago, Colm said:

just U2... no support act...

approx around +-2 hours, give or take... also take into account that it usually starts between 15 to 30 min after 8.00 PM...

5 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

Keep checking the board and fan social media periodically... if/when there's information about it, you will find it there...

ETA: this just appeared:

Many thanks Max; got there earlier & all sorted; looking forward to my first Belfast gig!

1 minute ago, The Boy In The Well said:

Many thanks Max; got there earlier & all sorted; looking forward to my first Belfast gig!

excellent! enjoy the show! 
(and please let us know how it was!!!)

• Brilliant 1

Ah, so excited. That's all for now. GB/UK/ BREXITEERS - who really gives a toss.

U2 for me - all about the music! I will 'sleep like a baby tonight' and hopefully get to post a few comments tomorrow.  2 nights sold out in minutes.

Welcome home U2 - the noisy neighbours, up north!?

The band love this city. The early U2 - If they had to tour somewhere, they had to tour Belfast - a band that came when others wouldn't.

Train to the show tomorrow. I'll recall Dubs 87, 93, 97, (banks of river lagan belfast (couple of days before Dubs gig) same year, as I didnt get a tick), '05, '09, New York '15, Belfast '15, Dubs '17 - It'll all come home to roost. I feel so lucky.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, yardie said:

I will 'sleep like a baby tonight' and hopefully get to post a few comments tomorrow. 

waiting for these... in the meantime, sleep well and enjoy the shows!!!

5 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

ELO just finishing off their set as we speak in the venue now - they'll rip out, and the U2 machine will pop in!

10 hours ago, yardie said:

Ah, so excited. That's all for now. GB/UK/ BREXITEERS - who really gives a toss.

U2 for me - all about the music! I will 'sleep like a baby tonight' and hopefully get to post a few comments tomorrow.  2 nights sold out in minutes.

Welcome home U2 - the noisy neighbours, up north!?

The band love this city. The early U2 - If they had to tour somewhere, they had to tour Belfast - a band that came when others wouldn't.

Train to the show tomorrow. I'll recall Dubs 87, 93, 97, (banks of river lagan belfast (couple of days before Dubs gig) same year, as I didnt get a tick), '05, '09, New York '15, Belfast '15, Dubs '17 - It'll all come home to roost. I feel so lucky.

Happy 50th birthday, yardie; if memory serves me correctly.   It is your birthday for the gig, yes?   A happy one and a best show is wished for you.

The Belfast show tonight will be my 50th U2 concert ✌️. Hoping to hear Landlady and Daddy’s Gonna       Pay......??

45 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

Happy 50th birthday, yardie; if memory serves me correctly.   It is your birthday for the gig, yes?   A happy one and a best show is wished for you.

Hi, thanks. No, the birthday was last month. Roll on 3pm til I get get the train from my own little Zoo station to Titanic quarter & SSE to soak up pre gig atmosphere. :HMTMKMKM_Edge_02: First time in GA since since Popmart. Quite excited by the prospect. #edgeside 

Edited by yardie
  • Like 1

Any fan meet ups - McHughs or suchlike?? Got my 2015 'innocence' tour shirt on, purchased at MSG, before they added the Belfast, Dubs dates onto it last time !!!?