dmway

U2 tribute band clearinghouse thread

I'm very glad that some of the tribute band members themselves are here! (Surely there must be more...I hope they post here).

Thank you for posting, Nathan!

I saw 2U (Notu2.com) a few times when they used to come up to New England, but they haven't come up my way in years, which is too bad b/c they were great.

Around the Boston/NH area in the US, we have Joshua Tree.  They don't dress as the band, they just play the music. They do a nice job. However, they don't play nothing from NLOH, SOI or SOE, and they play nothing from Zooropa either. Just the big hits.  I would love them to play more recent stuff, or more deep tracks.  http://joshuatreeband.com

An old friend of mine is in Zoo Station from the Bay Area, CA, and I got to see them once on a visit out there, and they were fantastic!!

• Like 1

Bumping this thread to keep it alive too - another UF show to report on next week! 😎

On 12/25/2018 at 8:06 PM, dmway said:

Bumping this thread to keep it alive too - another UF show to report on next week! 😎

...and tonight's show was truly awesome!

More later after some sleep...

OK - I’m still quite fatigued, but I’ll share a photo or two before a more proper review.

The band was so excited about our excitement from their performing that they joined us in the crowd! 😆

A0335A00-9108-49BD-B7CD-C4F20DD7E06C.jpeg

A photo featuring UF’s logo, a clever visual pun of the Guinness logo, with the U and F forming a nice harp. (and their Bono 😎)

2C3B8E8B-EB2C-4782-B989-E5E3CB7D627D.jpeg

One more before bedtime.

BTBS, obviously...

A017D277-B63A-48DF-889C-C9CDE45FCFB3.jpeg

I was going to see UF in Atlantic City tonight, but Winter Storm Harper is most probably keeping me from going.

So, the lovely scenes from Sellersville above won’t be re-enacted for me in person until March (or so it is looking).

If any of you are seeing a tribute band in the meantime, please remember to post about it here!

:HMTMKMKM_Bono_02::HMTMKMKM_Edge_02::HMTMKMKM_Adam_02::HMTMKMKM_Larry_02:

They are playing near me soon. Anyone seen them. Whilst they aren’t the real thing as it were, are they any good?

I saw them twice in 2017 (once with an IE Tour-inspired show, once with a mixture of the JT Tour and other hits). They don't sound exactly like the real thing, but I really enjoyed both shows and would gladly see them again anytime they return to these parts. The singer does look uncannily like Bono at times, too!

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

They are playing near me soon. Anyone seen them. Whilst they aren’t the real thing as it were, are they any good?

Naughty Doctor... I go to the trouble of creating a U2 tribute band clearinghouse thread and you just bugger off and start a new one of your own. :rolleyes: :lol:

http://zootopia.u2.com/forums/topic/40229-u2-tribute-band-clearinghouse-thread/

@Canadanne is a regular poster there too. Maybe a nice mod will combine the threads... @mich40 @Max Tsukino

Bump for thread relocation reasons... ;)

25 minutes ago, doctornickriviera said:

Oops ... Hey DMway you should start a U2 tribute band thread.... D’oh!

No biggie - I'm sure the mods will just combine the threads. :lol:

I’m not Biggie, Biggie is a dead rapper. Used to hang with Puff Daddy or pdiddy or whatever he calls himself.

Edited by doctornickriviera

9 minutes ago, dmway said:

No biggie - I'm sure the mods will just combine the threads. :lol:

Oh I love it when a threads are seamlessly combined!

Edited by doctornickriviera

Just now, doctornickriviera said:

Oh I love it when a threads are seemlessly combined!

You’re really mixing your metaphors there, Doc. 😀

please can you unmerge  the threads as you’ve made my post meaningless. The original context of my post has been completely lost now.

33 minutes ago, doctornickriviera said:

please can you unmerge  the threads as you’ve made my post meaningless. The original context of my post has been completely lost now.

...or you can go to your first post above and edit the “they” at the beginning to “U2Baby” - then Robert’s your mother’s brother. 👍😎

I only saw one U2 tribute band and they were awful.  I presumed and assumed that it was not possible for there to be a good tribute band for U2.  Dmway-if you know of one that's going to be in Milwaukee/Chicago, can you please let me know?  I have to keep screen time to a minimum but I'll also try to check for gigs near me.  This is a cool thread.

52 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

I only saw one U2 tribute band and they were awful.  I presumed and assumed that it was not possible for there to be a good tribute band for U2.

I've seen the full range from awful to amazing and everything in between!