dmway

U2 tribute band clearinghouse thread

That’s good for now! 

The other photos and review are on the previous page. A great evening! 

Why not one more nice one of “The Edge”?

(Review and other photos above and back one page.)

403F5BB5-B097-4C80-8516-E349BE5C88CB.jpeg

9 hours ago, CorkVegan said:

Great set list. Roll on Saturday!

You will have a great time! 👍

Since it looks like UF do not have a local show until August (maybe their summer vacation is coming, and I don't want this thread to become archived in the meantime), let me tell you about the two shows they have scheduled for the upcoming week.

Next Friday (May 17), UF are playing at Crystal Bee's in Southington, CT (8 p.m. showtime), and on the following night, they are playing at a venue listed as "Student Prince" in Springfield, MA (7 p.m. showtime). After those two, it looks like they are potentially off until August. Of course, if anything changes, I'll let everyone know.

• Upvote 1

A bump for this thread since I am hearing rumblings of UF having a couple of shows this summer after all.

More info when I get it...

• Thanks 1

On 6/8/2019 at 11:02 PM, dmway said:

A bump for this thread since I am hearing rumblings of UF having a couple of shows this summer after all.

More info when I get it...

...and now we have some confirmation - upcoming summer shows (showtimes in parentheses):

June 27 - Belmont Park (Elmont, NY - 7:00 pm)

July 24 - Orange County Fair (Middletown, NY - 10:00 pm)

Aug. 16 - The Paramount (Huntingdon, NY - 9:00 pm)

Aug. 21 - Penn Community Amphitheater (Bensalem, PA - 7:00 pm)

Aug. 22 - Seaside Heights Concert Series (Seaside Heights, NJ - 7:30 pm)

If more pop up, I'll update the list. 😎

• Thanks 1

On 4/14/2019 at 10:35 PM, dmway said:

C0D8FAF6-A253-4CC6-B423-EC40A4358C2C.jpeg

That is freaky to me.  (laughing not bad freaky)   Wow.  How is is voice?  

How does a person decide he or she is going to imitate Bono and go do gigs?    Fascinating.  

On 4/14/2019 at 11:35 PM, dmway said:

C0D8FAF6-A253-4CC6-B423-EC40A4358C2C.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

That is freaky to me.  (laughing not bad freaky)   Wow.  How is is voice?  

It is a pretty cool visual effect in the picture, isn’t it? 😄

His voice is spot on - @CorkVegan and @Vertigo3333 will back me up on that. 😎

2 hours ago, dmway said:

His voice is spot on - @CorkVegan and @Vertigo3333 will back me up on that. 😎

Lol   I believe you, however, I always want to read what any Zootpian has to say.   It is eerie looking at the pic.  I would not have known it was not Bono.  Lol

How can a guitarist possibly think he can play Edge's guitar?   How does he figure out how to get those sounds?   Crackles and farts come randomly, I imagine.  Trying to replicate them?  

Do they just do U2 or do they do other stuff on their own?  (different gig)  

20 hours ago, Manohlive said:

How can a guitarist possibly think he can play Edge's guitar?   How does he figure out how to get those sounds?   Crackles and farts come randomly, I imagine.  Trying to replicate them?  

Do they just do U2 or do they do other stuff on their own?  (different gig)  

Well, remember that all four of them are just like us: they are U2 fans.

The guitarist was someone who was a fan of Edge's guitar playing. He tried out to see what he could play on his own - he learned that. Then he tracked down all the information that he could about Edge's equipment - over time, he got better by practicing a lot and getting better gear. He found three other like-minded individuals who went on the same journey with their own particular instruments. They became a tribute band.

I have heard that there is even a group on FB of guitarists in U2 tribute bands where they share information (I can't confirm that - I'm not on FB). All it takes is practice and devotion.

The last two shows I saw they did a cover of "Another Brick In The Wall, Pt. II" as an encore - he nailed David Gilmour's playing too. 😎

• Like 1

On 6/16/2019 at 7:37 AM, Bono_OrchardRd said:

I think the group U2two is pretty darn good.

Nonetheless, though I'm not a "band", this is my humble cover of a great song (I wish there were more piano-based U2 songs - love love love "SWEETEST THING"):

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rGrKpksfXU

spacer.png

That's really good! Thank you for sharing that!

Do you have a website for U2two, or do they have a FB page or equivalent? The whole point of this thread is to promote U2 tribute bands worldwide, so please share any info you have!

15 hours ago, dmway said:

That's really good! Thank you for sharing that!

Do you have a website for U2two, or do they have a FB page or equivalent? The whole point of this thread is to promote U2 tribute bands worldwide, so please share any info you have!

Appreciate the compliments, dmway.

I bet they're quite easy to look up - just put the band name into youtube. 👍

Bump to keep the thread from archiving.

Shows are coming in August and the autumn. 😎

Posted (edited)
On 6/10/2019 at 10:48 PM, dmway said:

...and now we have some confirmation - upcoming summer shows (showtimes in parentheses):

June 27 - Belmont Park (Elmont, NY - 7:00 pm)

July 24 - Orange County Fair (Middletown, NY - 10:00 pm)

Aug. 16 - The Paramount (Huntingdon, NY - 9:00 pm)

Aug. 21 - Penn Community Amphitheater (Bensalem, PA - 7:00 pm)

Aug. 22 - Seaside Heights Concert Series (Seaside Heights, NJ - 7:30 pm)

If more pop up, I'll update the list. 😎

The last three dates from the list above are coming up soon.

...AND...

On Friday, October 11th, UF are playing the Tupelo Music Hall in Derry, NH. So, if you are in that part of New England, they are coming!

Also, the previous weekend, they are playing in Albany, NY (I think on Saturday, Oct. 5th, but I have to check on that.) Their autumn schedule is filling out. Of course, when I know more dates, I’ll post them here.

Edited by dmway

Posted (edited)

Only just seen this thread and thanks for plugging the gigs! In answer to some of the questions asked about how does someone decide to do this!  Complete chance.  Being a fan since the 80s...  singing the songs in your bedroom as a teenager...  finding others who want to play them and then putting in a lot of hard work.  Our journey all started as a bit of fun and has now turned into a second job and we are really lucky to be able to travel all over the world performing as our heroes!  Massive thanks to U2 for writing such amazing songs and for being so supportive of the U2 tribute bands across the world. I've met some amazing people on this journey, and found friends in some amazing tributes who share information and the love for the music.

Oh, we're U2Baby by the way. Here's a recent photo on the red carpet at the UK National Tribute Music Awards 2019...

postertest.jpg?format=2500w

We have been very fortunate to play in Dublin as part of the U2 fan celebrations that are part of #WelcomeToTheNorthside that takes part every year at the Church in Dublin. We've done that three years running which is an honour for a bunch of guys from the west side of London! We were lucky enough to bump into Guggi at our first gig there and he said in Hotpress that he really liked what we do.... and it was easier to get in!  He was very cool.  In 2017 we recreated the I+E set there and I even went as far as dying my hair blonde (never again!).

Reviews at: http://www.theu2tributeuk.com/reviews
Videos at: http://www.theu2tributeuk.com/media

Here's our promo video

We're playing as part of LiverAid at Grand Central Hall in Liverpool on 26th August 2019 - a charity event that looks to feature bands that appeared at Live Aid and are also at the Cavern Club in Liverpool on the 3rd October and the Half Moon in Putney, London on 2nd November.  Both of those last two have become U2 fan meets and are definitely great nights out (irrespective of the band playing ha ha).  If you're in the UK it would be great to see you along at some of the gigs - its always a very friendly atmosphere and we love to chat after the show to like-minded fans. If you're further afield we're in Norway later this year in Mo I Rana and have about 20 dates booked into 2020 already too.

You can get all of the tour dates and ticket links on our website at http://www.theu2tributeuk.com 

Be great to meet you.

Love and peace, Ric Peace (singer) and the boys from U2Baby

Edited by Ric_U2Baby
  • Brilliant 1

On 8/18/2019 at 2:55 AM, Ric_U2Baby said:

Only just seen this thread and thanks for plugging the gigs! In answer to some of the questions asked about how does someone decide to do this!  Complete chance.  Being a fan since the 80s...  singing the songs in your bedroom as a teenager...  finding others who want to play them and then putting in a lot of hard work.  Our journey all started as a bit of fun and has now turned into a second job and we are really lucky to be able to travel all over the world performing as our heroes!  Massive thanks to U2 for writing such amazing songs and for being so supportive of the U2 tribute bands across the world. I've met some amazing people on this journey, and found friends in some amazing tributes who share information and the love for the music.

Oh, we're U2Baby by the way. Here's a recent photo on the red carpet at the UK National Tribute Music Awards 2019...

postertest.jpg?format=2500w

We have been very fortunate to play in Dublin as part of the U2 fan celebrations that are part of #WelcomeToTheNorthside that takes part every year at the Church in Dublin. We've done that three years running which is an honour for a bunch of guys from the west side of London! We were lucky enough to bump into Guggi at our first gig there and he said in Hotpress that he really liked what we do.... and it was easier to get in!  He was very cool.  In 2017 we recreated the I+E set there and I even went as far as dying my hair blonde (never again!).

Reviews at: http://www.theu2tributeuk.com/reviews
Videos at: http://www.theu2tributeuk.com/media

Here's our promo video

We're playing as part of LiverAid at Grand Central Hall in Liverpool on 26th August 2019 - a charity event that looks to feature bands that appeared at Live Aid and are also at the Cavern Club in Liverpool on the 3rd October and the Half Moon in Putney, London on 2nd November.  Both of those last two have become U2 fan meets and are definitely great nights out (irrespective of the band playing ha ha).  If you're in the UK it would be great to see you along at some of the gigs - its always a very friendly atmosphere and we love to chat after the show to like-minded fans. If you're further afield we're in Norway later this year in Mo I Rana and have about 20 dates booked into 2020 already too.

You can get all of the tour dates and ticket links on our website at http://www.theu2tributeuk.com 

Be great to meet you.

Love and peace, Ric Peace (singer) and the boys from U2Baby

Oh, thank you so much for posting all this! When I talked to one of the moderators about starting this thread, I was hoping it would be a thread for all the U2 tributes worldwide. Thank you for making this thread more like it was intended to be!

I’m not in the UK, but if you ever cross the pond, I’d gladly catch a show! I think there is at least one subscriber who regularly posts here who has seen you play. Maybe she’ll see these posts and reply.

Thanks again! 😎

3 hours ago, dmway said:

Oh, thank you so much for posting all this! When I talked to one of the moderators about starting this thread, I was hoping it would be a thread for all the U2 tributes worldwide. Thank you for making this thread more like it was intended to be!

I’m not in the UK, but if you ever cross the pond, I’d gladly catch a show! I think there is at least one subscriber who regularly posts here who has seen you play. Maybe she’ll see these posts and reply.

Thanks again! 😎

No problem!  Yes it would be great to see everyone on here and those interested in tributes, and we are well aware not everyone likes a tribute 😉, so that we can share the love for this amazing music. Like I said we've made some great friends in the U2 community as a result of putting on these shows and regularly communicate with the other tributes around the world.  As we've always said there is only one U2...  we are just fans experiencing the music in our own way...  each tribute brings something special to the table I feel.

We don't have any plans to get over the pond yet, but we have had a few enquiries so never say never.  At the moment the furthest we've gone is Bahrain and played on the most amazing stage in Monaco which moved as we were playing to let people get onto the dance floor!!!  What a memory that trip was!  Never ever thought I'd get to play there but as they say, Dream Out Loud!

4 hours ago, dmway said:

I think there is at least one subscriber who regularly posts here who has seen you play. Maybe she’ll see these posts and reply.

I've seen U2Baby twice and would gladly do so again, though it will have to be at a different venue as the previous one has since closed down!

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Canadanne said:

I've seen U2Baby twice and would gladly do so again, though it will have to be at a different venue as the previous one has since closed down!

Ah Canadanne, that's great to hear. Our gig list is always up to date here http://www.theu2tributeuk.com/tours  - would be great to have you along again.

I'm trying to work out which venue that was at! I can't place those steps...  where was it?

There's gigs all over the place on the site above but here are a few I'd say are worth a weekend, or "not weekend" for the St Patrick's day Thames cruise, away 😉

Thu 03/10/19
U2Baby Gig: Cavern Club Liverpool

Sat 02/11/19
U2Baby Gig: Half Moon, Putney

Sat 23/11/19

U2Baby Gig: Scandic Meyergarden, Norway

Tue 17/03/20
St Patrick’s Day Thames Cruise, The BritBoat, London

Here's a few photos from our trip to play in Slane last year (Boyle's of Slane, and of course a visit to the castle was inevitable!)

IMG_6847.JPG?format=750w

IMG_0999.JPG?format=750w

and from Dublin the same year...

macphistokneeling2.jpg?format=2500w

crowdbono1.jpg?format=2500w