Sign in to follow this  
Cazza

American/ travelling fans - polite reminder

U2 Fans are great people and travel very well. So I was disappointed in Belfast to see an American women act like a complete ass towards others in the GA queue last night.  If you decide to travel to go to any shows (as I also have), don't act like a total tool - particularly to the locals. In my experience most of us do act brilliantly, love meeting new people and enjoy the whole experience. Let's keep that going as it is what makes following this band special.   :0)

Edited by Cazza

Lol. I would recommend being more specific. It's been my experience that a lot of it is cultural differences. What is acceptable to us in the US is considered rude & not acceptable elsewhere and visa versa. I'm American & I admit we can come across as clueless. Most of us mean nothing by it. 

11 hours ago, Shannon387 said:

Lol. I would recommend being more specific. It's been my experience that a lot of it is cultural differences. What is acceptable to us in the US is considered rude & not acceptable elsewhere and visa versa. I'm American & I admit we can come across as clueless. Most of us mean nothing by it. 

No need to be more specific. Unfortunately it was not cultural differences (I love the States and have many American friends) but people can just be complete rude jerks sometimes (and in every country). No harm us all remembering to act with more grace at times.  Hopefully all concerned enjoyed the show. It was epic!

If people can be “complete  rude jerks” in every country, why is it necessary to call this person out as American?  Perhaps a reminder to all people that are in GA line, to be polite would suffice.  

14 hours ago, gorms said:

If people can be “complete  rude jerks” in every country, why is it necessary to call this person out as American?  Perhaps a reminder to all people that are in GA line, to be polite would suffice.  

No wider offence intended. Simply a case of hoping if person concerned read the post, may help with some reflection on how they acted.