3 minutes ago, Ilmajoki said:

I predict on Tuesday the tour will be closed by Miracle

Thanks to all good night..

I wonder.

I also wonder if we'll have another "Moncton moment" like on U2360 and "40" is pulled out.

What a great night again. Thanks everybody. I can hardly believe this tour is nearly finished.

4 minutes ago, mich40 said:

indeed, indeed.....all good things must come to an end, but I will be sad to see this tour go.

Yes, I'm ready for what's next too.

This one ending will hurt the same way for me as POPMart, Vertigo, and U2360 ending did. But, one stage has to end in order for the next one to begin.

this was so, so GOOOOD!!!! thanks to everyone, everyone, everyone!

now for the PSA section: for the Berlin live thread, please go to the one already opened... this means --->

http://zootopia.u2.com/forums/topic/39828-berlin-live-thread-u2eitour/?do=findComment&comment=1165650

thanks! enjoy your weekend!...

• Like 1

What a night, what a show! How is one supposed to recover from this! The audience gave them everything and that's what they got back. The boys could not stop smiling! 

I am delighted Dirty Day stayed on the set list and we got Landlady, a complete surprise. Acrobat is just incredible, I just don't have enough words to give it the praise it deserves. I was barely in primary school when Achtung Baby happened so it means a lot to hear it now and the rest of it live and with such a passion.

Tonight I made some amazing friends. I also met some incredible rude fans which I never expected from U2 fans and especially of that age group but hey, you spent the gig with a sour face while we all sang our hearts out. 

I will miss the songs, the fans, the band but hopefully we'll all see each other again in a few years. The last 3 years have been an increddible journey for the band and me personally (the birth of my son a few days before their 2015 gig in Dublin) and I am glad I was there for a small part of it.

Now, DVD please.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Ragoo said:

What a night, what a show! How is one supposed to recover from this! The audience gave them everything and that's what they got back. The boys could not stop smiling! 

I am delighted Dirty Day stayed on the set list and we got Landlady, a complete surprise. Acrobat is just incredible, I just don't have enough words to give it the praise it deserves. I was barely in primary school when Achtung Baby happened so it means a lot to hear it now and the rest of it live and with such a passion.

Tonight I made some amazing friends. I also met some incredible rude fans which I never expected from U2 fans and especially of that age group but hey, you spent the gig with a sour face while we all sang our hearts out. 

I will miss the songs, the fans, the band but hopefully we'll all see each other again in a few years. The last 3 years have been an increddible journey for the band and me personally (the birth of my son a few days before their 2015 gig in Dublin) and I am glad I was there for a small part of it.

Now, DVD please.

How great Landlady was played. Sorry to hear about the sour faced peeps - have been a few around for the Irish shows - but how wonderful you met real U2 fans. The ones with generosity of spirit. Why do U2 tours have to end!!

• Like 1

I never did make it over to Europe to see any shows from the second leg, and that's too bad, because the set list was even stronger than in the first leg (except for the fact that they ditched "Red Flag Day" toward the end of the second leg).   But I retain a measure of satisfaction simply from having had my wish granted this year, of finally seeing "Acrobat" performed live after all these years of imagining it.

I hope that the next tour does not depend on an album release, since the lads are notoriously slow about putting out new albums.  I'd be down for a tour of "Achtung Baby 30" (even though they already played many "Achtung Baby" songs in the European leg this year).

For Berlin this week, I hope they add at least one unexpected song during the encore. 

Edited by Rich T.

Show 3 - Nov 9th - Only 22 hours in the Irish capital and what a 22 hours!.   The adrenaline from the roller coaster of the flight and landing didn't die down.   We saw quite a few familiar faces from the show at the O2 2 weeks earlier in the Gibson Hotel bar and had a great chat with KO (the legend behind PinkAdam) and I snapped up one of her limited edition prints, before heading back out to the howling wind and rain at 6:30 as the doors opened; having decided we wouldn't queue given the weather and it seemed we weren't alone to make that call, as there wasn't a queue at all for entrance 1!     Into the arena and we managed to get within a single person at the barrier for the E stage!

What a group of amazing people from all over the world to watch the show with; in front of me Mexico, Argentina.  to my left Spain and the US, to my right more from the US and 2 local guys from Dublin; sharing band and concert stories before the blackout began

The narrative alongside Dirty Day was incredible, almost as incredible as Edge's guitar on The Fly (wow he was on fire).   we jumped, we sang.  what an amazing night.

Completed the trip with a walk round to Hanover Quay Studio, before heading back to the airport and home.

Thanks to the band and thanks to those around us.

IMG_20181109_214615.jpg

IMG_20181110_074526.jpg

Edited by englishsid
  • Like 2

Just watched the footage of Dirty Day...NOW I understand why everyone wants to see the band in Dublin. Can't believe there's only one more show to go...