Sign in to follow this  
clarky46

At least another 2 tours

All this talk of u2 quitting touring is pure B S 

u2 have signed a 5 tour deal with live nations and the one that is finishing next week is the 3rd of the deal.

so 2 more probably another Joshua tree outing for the places they never went like Glasgow 

lets hope it's not rattle and hum and the dates will be announced after 1st January so every one renews there membership 

These rumors go around every once in a while.  I doubt we'll see any more Joshua Tree tours.  I doubt it will be Rattle and Hum.  There's always speculation.  The most we can do is guess and be pleasantly surprised.

It's gonna be a while before they hit the road again. That said, according to Willie they have started knocking ideas about for the next tour. I can imagine tours being shorter - it's a matter of whether they just do North America and Europe in the way they did on I&E and E&I, or if they do what they did on The Joshua Tree tour and try to squeeze in other countries they don't visit so often (shout-out to you Aus/NZ fans who've been waiting for the best part of a decade).

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

In recent interviews the band have mentioned the physical toll that touring takes now that they are into their fifties. At the same time these recent shorter tours have seen them playing better than ever.

The most recent three tours have spanned months rather than years and have proven to be successful so I expect this formula to continue.

The SOI/SOE period seems to be completed so a nice rest in 2019 to dream up something new. No doubt Adam wants to spend time with his baby too.

Australia/New Zealand are overdue a visit and I really hope that U2 visit there next and ASAP.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2018 at 6:38 AM, peterferris8 said:

they have started knocking ideas about for the next tour

Exciting thought and a welcome bit of information.

Australia better be part of any tour plans in the future. U2 fans down here are very unimpressed. 

5 hours ago, kings said:

Australia better be part of any tour plans in the future. U2 fans down here are very unimpressed. 

You may be in luck!